Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Lara_15 wrote: »
    All students in the EU are exempt from full fees... but international students who are coming from outside the EU have to pay them.
    Irish and EU students just have to pay the contribution so dont worry

Thank. God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

In case anybody was looking for where the physics experiments were moved to they are here: http://www.pdst.ie/sites/default/files/ph_pr_alllistedphysexpr.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    That's still excluding the tuition fees.

Non EEA students have to pay the full fees for undergrad including tuition fees.
    Hotale.com wrote: »
    So who has to pay that? Everyone who doesn't get a grant?

Non EEA students have to pay the full fees for undergrad including tuition fees.

*cough* :pac:

On a COMPLETELY unrelated topic, this may be a good moment to remind people to carefully read the questions on the papers, and not just jump in as soon as they've read the first line and ignore the rest of the question!

>_>

*cough* :pac:

On a COMPLETELY unrelated topic, this may be a good moment to remind people to carefully read the questions on the papers, and not just jump in as soon as they've read the first line and ignore the rest of the question!

>_>

He edited that after I posted the question.

Prick. :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Was doing a Q5 in accounting and eondering why it was so different and hoping we got one like that... Turns out it was OL! Time for bed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

That's not a nice thing to call poor Nim.

He's sensitive, yanno!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Yeah, I do that sometimes :o
    That's not a nice thing to call poor Nim.

He's sensitive, yanno!

Obama-I-got-this-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone bought those HL maths paper solutions? Thinking of getting them but don't know if it's worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Anyone bought those HL maths paper solutions? Thinking of getting them but don't know if it's worth it!

I did, completely pointless. I'd say get the Educate.ie papers if you want to shell out some money, and maybe buy the solutions for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

How's the studying goin? Procrastinating like a motherficker here...vegetating feels like a better option than geography essays right now...peace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

I'm terrible I haven't studied at all yet but I am beginning today. 28 days until I am finished. Going to go all out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

I did, completely pointless. I'd say get the Educate.ie papers if you want to shell out some money, and maybe buy the solutions for them.

Which ones did you get ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Just booked ten tickets to the darts in Citywest next October. This should motivate me to make sure I actually get 1 of my top 2 or I'll have transport costs to throw on top of that too. :pac:

I'm telling you guys, our best days are ahead of us. Stick it out for the last few weeks and it'll all pay off!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

robman60 wrote: »
    I'm telling you guys, our best days are ahead of us. Stick it out for the last few weeks and it'll all pay off!

Seriously though, it's going to be unreal hard to study if the weather stays like this. Nothing worse than trying to study when all you want to do is go outside :(. If it rained until the 17th of June things would be much easier

Do you think they will lay biology out like 2013? That paper is scary compared to previous years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Do you think they will lay biology out like 2013? That paper is scary compared to previous years

Why is it scary? It wasn't that bad a paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

thelad95 wrote: »
    Why is it scary? It wasn't that bad a paper.

Lack of systems. It wasn't a nice paper :o

peekachoo wrote: »
    Lack of systems. It wasn't a nice paper :o

I don't understand peoples obsession with the systems. They are horribly detailed and they often ask awkward questions.

Ecology,Photosynt/Respiration and genetics came up last year as they always do and the questions were grand.

School is so much fun these days (now that im not going to classes)

But i dont feel like studying at all after .. Chillin with a sandwich in front of the tv atm, dedication!

LoveLamps wrote: »
    School is so much fun these days (now that im not going to classes)

But i dont feel like studying at all after .. Chillin with a sandwich in front of the tv atm, dedication!

Whenever you say anything it seems to revolve around either eating or sleeping :pac:

• Advertisement

Whenever you say anything it seems to revolve around either eating or sleeping :pac:

Pretty much sums me up.. :rolleyes:

Better start talking about raving and repeating too

Pretty much sums me up.. :rolleyes:

Better start talking about raving and repeating too

Or you could do all four.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

so is everyone pretty much betting one of the systems will be up this year?

Badwulf wrote: »
    so is everyone pretty much betting one of the systems will be up this year?

My teacher reckons Nervous system and Musculoskeletal system. She said to also be wary of Lymphatic as it hasn't come up in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

I think the nephron could come up too

JDOC1996 wrote: »

Also, the experiment on the heart could come up but I think I'll leave it out tbh. We never did it in class and it looks too complicated in the book to rote learn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Was doing a Q5 in accounting and eondering why it was so different and hoping we got one like that... Turns out it was OL! Time for bed..

One time I hadn't got my accounting homework done so I was rushing to get it done in the morning and took down the marking scheme for the ordinary level by accident. I had a hard time explaining my way out of that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

thelad95 wrote: »
    Also, the experiment on the heart could come up but I think I'll leave it out tbh. We never did it in class and it looks too complicated in the book to rote learn.

If you know the structure of the heart just from learning it in biology then the experiment is pretty straightforward.
    They always ask the same questions on it also so just look at the papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

JDOC1996 wrote: »

I would cry. Can't draw the fecking thing for the life of me :pac:

• Advertisement

I can't be the only one who is constantly looking at the cao calculator these days...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement