Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭HauntedGhost

DEFIANTLY FAILED PAPER 1 MATHS, DAMN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

DEFIANTLY FAILED PAPER 1 MATHS, DAMN!

So you did it on purpose? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neonmaria

have a horrible feeling about irish really worried about the listening aswell :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

neonmaria wrote: »
    have a horrible feeling about irish really worried about the listening aswell :(

Leigh anois go curamach ar do scrudphaipaer... na treoracha... agus na ceisteanna... agoinn, le cuid Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Lads, I meant to say this earlier.

Today, three score ten years ago, some 150,000 men landed on the beaches of Normandy.

Today, we landed on the beaches of Maths Paper 1.

We waded, and waded. The SEC launched barrage and barrage.

As of now, we are under the cliff face.

By Monday, we will be on the road to Paris.

In 61 hours, we will have prevailed.

We will have vanquished tyranny and oppression.

And we shall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I'll be lucky to get 10% from paper 1 :pac:

Fail maths, fail the whole leaving cert...is that one of those myths or actual truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 crolekka

Lads, I meant to say this earlier.

Today, three score ten years ago, some 150,000 men landed on the beaches of Normandy.

Today, we landed on the beaches of Maths Paper 1.

We waded, and waded. The SEC launched barrage and barrage.

As of now, we are under the cliff face.

By Monday, we will be on the road to Paris.

In 61 hours, we will have prevailed.

We will have vanquished tyranny and oppression.

And we shall.

Haha nice. That's putting procrastination to good use! Maybe if you do history you could pass it as revision ;)

I'll be lucky to get 10% from paper 1 :pac:

Fail maths, fail the whole leaving cert...is that one of those myths or actual truth?

Myth if you want to do an Arts degree :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

Marry me.

Of course my love.
    <3

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Most colleges need a pass in maths and English(and sometimes Irish and/or a European language too) for matriculation. There are ones that don't need it and some let you take a test over the summer, I think.

I don't really understand this whole 'fail the whole Leaving Cert' thing though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neonmaria

Aspiring wrote: »
    Leigh anois go curamach ar do scrudphaipaer... na treoracha... agus na ceisteanna... agoinn, le cuid Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

praying it won't be impossible but who knows

UCD Arts doesn't require maths.

Could you not go do maths under arts (no special requirements) and become a maths teacher after failing maths in the leaving cert :pac:

neonmaria wrote: »
    praying it won't be impossible but who knows

Just keep practicing :) the more you do it the better your ear becomes for the aul Gaeilge :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

crolekka wrote: »
    Haha nice. That's putting procrastination to good use! Maybe if you do history you could pass it as revision ;)

“Arbeit macht frei"

Applies so well to the LC, no? :pac:

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Most colleges need a pass in maths and English(and sometimes Irish and/or a European language too) for matriculation. There are ones that don't need it and some let you take a test over the summer, I think.

I don't really understand this whole 'fail the whole Leaving Cert' thing though.

I'm fairly sure It used to actually be a case that if you failed maths, Irish or English you "failed" your leaving cert and couldn't go to college.

Myth if you want to do an Arts degree :)

Awh f*ck...looks like I've got to get 60% or higher in paper 2 to pass then! No pressure

Awh f*ck...looks like I've got to get 60% or higher in paper 2 to pass then! No pressure

What do you want to do in college? :p

If you do end up failing (hopefully not of course) some places let you sit maths exams in their college and if you pass you get accepted! I'm not DEFINITELY sure though :)

If you do end up failing (hopefully not of course) some places let you sit maths exams in their college and if you pass you get accepted! I'm not DEFINITELY sure though :)

They do, CIT does it like two days after the results or something. It's supposed to be quite a difficult exam though...

Hotale.com wrote: »
    What do you want to do in college? :p

BIS in UCC!

• Advertisement

BIS in UCC!

I remember they came to our school to show us what the course was about, they said feck all about it and at the end we got a small booklet filled with poetry and other pretentious nonsense.

I think I knew more about BIS before they talked to us :rolleyes:

I remember they came to our school to show us what the course was about, they said feck all about it and at the end we got a small booklet filled with poetry and other pretentious nonsense.

I think I knew more about BIS before they talked to us :rolleyes:

Unfortunately they didn't come to my school, but it's a perfect mix of both business and technology, two of my interests which lead me to it! Pity it's 440 and possibly rising again next year though....

Unfortunately they didn't come to my school, but it's a perfect mix of both business and technology, two of my interests which lead me to it! Pity it's 440 and possibly rising again next year though....

I dunno, there's no one in my school hoping to do it out of about 100. Going by that the demand can't be that big...

I have BIS down too but for NUIG :P

I dunno, there's no one in my school hoping to do it out of about 100. Going by that the demand can't be that big...

The open day for UCC, they had to get extra seats in because there was so many..and even at that, it stretched to almost out the door :P it went up 30 last year
    I have BIS down too but for NUIG :P
    I have that too! And CIT...basically all possible colleges with BIS :pac:

The open day for UCC, they had to get extra seats in because there was so many..and even at that, it stretched to almost out the door :P it went up 30 last year

I have that too! And CIT...basically all possible colleges with BIS :pac:

Just go to Cork because it's the best place on earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Just go to Cork because it's the best place on earth.

Said no one ever

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

nahh lads, galway is where its at ;)

peekachoo wrote: »
    Said no one ever

Jealous.

I actually like Tipp :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Jealous.