Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I don't understand this order? :confused:

Trinity isn't the 'best' for everything you know :rolleyes:. The reason I want to do the UCD one is because it has exactly all of the things I want to do, while the Trinity one has a lot of stuff I don't wanna do. Talking to people from both courses, the unanimous opinion seems to be to go for UCD CS over Trinity, and that's from both sides :)
    ejayy wrote: »
    Psychology :)

Used to want to do Psychology, hopefully there isn't much of a change in the points for ya this year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lexendr

I forgot to put the make of my calculator on the front of my script!! Will they not mark it now?! Also for paper 2 in English the Macbeth character question I said Macbeth's relationship with Banquo was a power struggle but his relationship with LM was not! Did anyone else say this?

Lexendr wrote: »
    I forgot to put the make of my calculator on the front of my script!! Will they not mark it now?! Also for paper 2 in English the Macbeth character question I said Macbeth's relationship with Banquo was a power struggle but his relationship with LM was not! Did anyone else say this?

On the calculator: I doubt they even care.
    Macbeth: As long as you backed it up properly you'll be grand. There's no right answer in English :)

Aspiring wrote: »
    On the calculator: I doubt they even care.
    Macbeth: As long as you backed it up properly you'll be grand. There's no right answer in English :)

Thank you so much <3 I just freaked out so much I ate an entire Easter egg while hysterically crying. Do you think I should call the SEC just in case?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Thank you so much <3 I just freaked out so much I ate an entire Easter egg while hysterically crying. Do you think I should call the SEC just in case?

Calm down :)

Lots of people forget to write their calculator model, I don't think they even check to be honest. I didn't write mine for JC so I remembered yesterday, plus my superviser was a maths teacher so he told everyone to write it down. Otherwise, most people in my class wouldn't have even thought about writing it down.

• Advertisement

I suppose you could if you just wanted to check it out, there are many people in your position.

I suppose you could if you just wanted to check it out, there are many people in your position.
    Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Calm down :)

Lots of people forget to write their calculator model, I don't think they even check to be honest. I didn't write mine for JC so I remembered yesterday, plus my superviser was a maths teacher so he told everyone to write it down. Otherwise, most people in my class wouldn't have even thought about writing it down.

Thank you both so much! :) I just really need to do well in maths for the course I want!

Ok I called the SEC and they recommend that when you write your calculator number down for paper 2 you make a note saying "This is the same calculator used as in paper 1", this way the examiner can refer back to your paper 1! :) ahhhh I'm so relieved!! I thought I'd have paper 1 cancelled and then I wouldn't get my course and then I'd just curl up in a ball and then never move again! Thank y'all!!

Thank you both so much! :) I just really need to do well in maths for the course I want!

Just tell the superintendent about it before Paper 2 on Monday. I doubt they'll even care.
    Ok I called the SEC and they recommend that when you write your calculator number down for paper 2 you make a note saying "This is the same calculator used as in paper 1", this way the examiner can refer back to your paper 1! :) ahhhh I'm so relieved!! I thought I'd have paper 1 cancelled and then I wouldn't get my course and then I'd just curl up in a ball and then never move again! Thank y'all!!

Are they not corrected by two different examiners?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Youre a little stress bunny arent ya :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭FHB

I didn't write down my calculator either. I actually made a point of looking for the space to write it at the start of the exam on the front page, but I didn't see any space. Only afterwards did I realise that the space was on the second page.(Which is pretty stupid if you ask me. It makes it much easier to miss)

But anyway, I don't think it matters, especially if you write it on paper 2. You have to remember that the examiners aren't robots who will give you zero on an exam for not writing down a bit of minor information. From what I've seen a lot of people didn't write down their calculator anyway.

• Advertisement

FHB wrote: »
    I didn't write down my calculator either. I actually made a point of looking for the space to write it at the start of the exam on the front page, but I didn't see any space. Only afterwards did I realise that the space was on the second page.(Which is pretty stupid if you ask me. It makes it much easier to miss)

I looked for it on the front page too, didn't find it and thought you didn't have to write it any more. I only saw the space to write it on the second page while doing the first question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I don't understand this order? :confused:

I had NUIG first UCD second ....Trinity was like my 8th choice :P

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Youre a little stress bunny arent ya :pac:

:P I don't think I normally am…well actually now that I think of it…xD yeah probably!
    Are they not corrected by two different examiners?

Apparently not! I thought so too! The lady was like, of course you should've written it in but it's not much of a problem, just write a note! To sum up they were like "lol chill" - probably are all laughing about it up in Athlone :L
    FHB wrote: »
    I didn't write down my calculator either […]

But anyway, I don't think it matters, especially if you write it on paper 2. You have to remember that the examiners aren't robots who will give you zero on an exam for not writing down a bit of minor information. From what I've seen a lot of people didn't write down their calculator anyway.

YAY!! Not the only one!! :p I feel so much better! It was such a nice paper too (besides Q2 a which I just couldn't get :L )
    Wish you all luck in paper 2!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

...anyone else just getting up now? :pac:

Trinity isn't the 'best' for everything you know :rolleyes:. The reason I want to do the UCD one is because it has exactly all of the things I want to do, while the Trinity one has a lot of stuff I don't wanna do. Talking to people from both courses, the unanimous opinion seems to be to go for UCD CS over Trinity, and that's from both sides :)
    HugsiePie wrote: »
    I had NUIG first UCD second ....Trinity was like my 8th choice :P

Guysssssss, I was jokingggggg :rolleyes::p

Hotale.com wrote: »

For shame

You shouldve been up and early like me

2 hours ago

Those middday starts may be tough but you get so much done

Ive watched 4 tv shows already!

:pac::pac::pac:

Shouldn't you be studying?

NIM THAT WAS YOUR 7000TH POST :D:D:D

Also

shouldnt you be too

But look here we all are :pac:

It's "should you not be studying?". Get it right. :p

And yes, yes I should. :(

Also

shouldnt you be too

It still says 6999 for me....

It still says 6999 for me....

It just changed there for me right now :(

I guess he deleted a post

Also

shouldnt you be too

I only noticed it after I posted :)

But I had to delete a double post from earlier.

So here it is. 7000th post :D

I actually am studying :eek: I'm surprised too.

• Advertisement

Guysssssss, I was jokingggggg :rolleyes::p

There are people out there who actually have the opinion that Trinity is the be all and end all of everything, had to makes sure you weren't one of them ;)

I just noticed :)

I actually am studying :eek: I'm surprised too.

All I have to study for are maths and chemistry, and they're so boring! :mad:

There are people out there who actually have the opinion that Trinity is the be all and end all of everything, had to makes sure you weren't one of them ;)

Nah sure there's no point in going to Trinity because "it's the best" if it's really bad for the course you're doing :P

Actually I think people who studies sciences at Trinity at a massive disadvantage, Im not sure if all of them are but their science degree are BA i the science of........

Not BSc.

Actually I think people who studies sciences at Trinity at a massive disadvantage, Im not sure if all of them are but their science degree are BA i the science of........

Not BSc.

BA's in Science? Dafuq? :p

BA's in Science? Dafuq? :p

It's "tradition" or something.

Those mad Protestants. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

4 days to get biology from 68% to 85+....wish me look.
    I can see the McDonalds uniform....

Not BSc.

So are their Maths, Nanoscience, TP and other courses.

But what's the disadvantage?

So are their Maths, Nanoscience, TP and other courses.

But what's the disadvantage?

Cause your studying science.......why do you have an arts degree

Its what we NUIGers tell ourselves to make ourselves feel feel better :pac:
    It's "tradition" or something.

Those mad Protestants. :p

Theres actually a "Catholic Theological Studies" course in TCD

Level 8, 4 year coursse

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo