Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Theres actually a "Catholic Theological Studies" course in TCD

Level 8, 4 year coursse

Yep

How many points..? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Hotale.com wrote: »
    How many points..? :pac:

I'll throw it down as my number 2 :rolleyes:

peekachoo wrote: »
    Ya dans doing it next year!

I thought he was doing World Religions and Theology :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Ya dans doing it next year!

Is he not taking my Paleontology recommendation? :(

• Advertisement

I'll throw it down as my number 2 :rolleyes:

But what about CIT Software Development tho? :pac:

But what about CIT Software Development tho? :pac:

How long were you looking through my posts for? :pac:

How long were you looking through my posts for? :pac:

Pfft........that took me all of 5 seconds to find out :P

Of course it did :rolleyes:

Have the FBI/CIA/other government agency contacted you yet to gather intelligence for them?

• Advertisement

Of course it did :rolleyes:

Genuinely

It was the first thing I discovered about you.....its real easy.....

Befoe you even told me you were from Cork
    Have the FBI/CIA/other government agency contacted you yet to gather intelligence for them?

Give it time

Theyre just playing hard to get atm :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Look what I found: Facebook page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Aspiring wrote: »
    Look what I found: Facebook page

Jezuz that scared me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

TODAYS STUDY COULD BE DESCRIBED AS MINIMAL AND POINTLESS
    ITS NOT AS IF I HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO
    IM LITERALLY JUST SITTING AT MY DESK SCROLLING THROUGH TWITTER
    UGH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

LoveLamps wrote: »
    TODAYS STUDY COULD BE DESCRIBED AS MINIMAL AND POINTLESS
    ITS NOT AS IF I HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO
    IM LITERALLY JUST SITTING AT MY DESK SCROLLING THROUGH TWITTER
    UGH

twitter *shudders*

3 *important* questions to french students!!

1 - Do you have to do the 90 word Q1???? I ask as Essential French Cork tweeted ''2 opinion pieces and a diary or 90 word narrative to maximize points'' ...... I thought the 90 word Q1 was obligatory?

2 - IF the 90 word Q1 IS mandatory ... what do you do for it? I usually answer it as another opinion question tbh but I've heard it's different? :o

3 - Can you do 90 word/Diary/1 opinion piece combination??

I am FREAKING OUT here hahaha, bad enough at French as is!

3 *important* questions to french students!!

1 - Do you have to do the 90 word Q1???? I ask as Essential French Cork tweeted ''2 opinion pieces and a diary or 90 word narrative to maximize points'' ...... I thought the 90 word Q1 was obligatory?

2 - IF the 90 word Q1 IS mandatory ... what do you do for it? I usually answer it as another opinion question tbh but I've heard it's different? :o

3 - Can you do 90 word/Diary/1 opinion piece combination??

I am FREAKING OUT here hahaha, bad enough at French as is!

You HAVE to do Q1. As far as I remember (haven't looked at french since the mocks:eek:) they are based on the text. I usually answer them like any other opinion piece, hopefully a nice topic comes up :( And you can do any combination you want as long as you do Q1. So basically Q1, diary entry, and any other one question

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    You HAVE to do Q1. As far as I remember (haven't looked at french since the mocks:eek:) they are based on the text. I usually answer them like any other opinion piece, hopefully a nice topic comes up :( And you can do any combination you want as long as you do Q1. So basically Q1, diary entry, and any other one question

That's what I had always thought! Damn you Essential French getting my hopes up thinking I could skip Q1 :( Thanks for clarifying!

Yeah I really hope a nice topic comes up for Q1 too! I'm SO nervous about French, contemplating dropping to ordinary but wanna stick with higher :/

That's what I had always thought! Damn you Essential French getting my hopes up thinking I could skip Q1 :( Thanks for clarifying!

Yeah I really hope a nice topic comes up for Q1 too! I'm SO nervous about French, contemplating dropping to ordinary but wanna stick with higher :/

There's no real point dropping at this stage, Pass French is piss easy but only .1% of people get an A1.
    So even if you only got a D2 staying in honours would be justified. :)

Yeah I have completely neglected French since the mocks and now really regret it :mad: Hopefully I don't have to count it though, so not too worried :pac:

Accounting people :P (sorry everyone else :pac: )
    Should we use red pen? And is it better to rule out your own pages? And is it a good idea to ask for extra paper just to do the workings separate?

• Advertisement

There's no real point dropping at this stage, Pass French is piss easy but only .1% of people get an A1.
    So even if you only got a D2 staying in honours would be justified. :)
    I getcha, a nice exam and I could get b3 considering my oral went great.
    A horrid exam and me not performing and I could fail.... gah! Ah maybe repeating's not so bad......
    Yeah I have completely neglected French since the mocks and now really regret it :mad: Hopefully I don't have to count it though, so not too worried :pac:
    I need to count it :( Although Im not aiming for mad points so I dont need anything particularly high in it..

Should we use red pen? And is it better to rule out your own pages? And is it a good idea to ask for extra paper just to do the workings separate?

I don't do accounting, but apparently you're not advised to use red pen in anything because the correctors use that colour and they could skip a few marks when counting your total :P

No red pen is a big no-no for the LC apparently (and you dont need it). Im gonna rule out my own pages, haaated to those pre ruled out pages for JC, they were horrible. And make sure to keep workings with the questions!!! Dont to 10 pages worth of questions and have 10 pages of workings after it!

No red pen is a big no-no for the LC apparently (and you dont need it). Im gonna rule out my own pages, haaated to those pre ruled out pages for JC, they were horrible. And make sure to keep workings with the questions!!! Dont to 10 pages worth of questions and have 10 pages of workings after it!

Omg I know JC with them pages was a nightmare I remember doing half of a question and then doing it out again in the booklet :pac:

That's what I thought about the red pen, but I always use it for totals and subheadings and stuff.. Gonna feel awkward :P

Actually do you know if it's the same for JC regarding the red pen? My business teacher always threatened us that if we don't use red pen we can lose marks. Wondering now maybe that's where I actually lost marks :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I just replaced my red pen with a blue pen (I write in black).

Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LaLeche

No bull****, my birthday was on the 4th. It was a ****in disaster. Stuffing my fat face and studying xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Am I the only one not able to study today? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Used red pen in my mocks with even realising your not really meant to use it. I do all of my adjustments in different coloured pen as well. Would blue pen be okay, but it would definitely look weird.

Think I'll just rule my own one out, doesn't take up too much time and it kind of rejigs your memory a bit too!

As for adjustments, I do all of mine before I start the question, in the sane book so its easier for the correctors. But if I end up doing question 1, I will ask for a page to the workings for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jellytots95

LaLeche wrote: »
    No bull****, my birthday was on the 4th. It was a ****in disaster. Stuffing my fat face and studying xD

Mine was the 3rd :P

• Advertisement

Am I the only one not able to study today? :P

I haven't opened a book today and I don't think I'll bother even trying today.

I'm absolutely knackered after yesterday, I don't think anything would go in anyway :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement