Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

It depends on how good you are at putting essays together.. If you're good at Irish and can write essays easily, just like plan your points for essays and have some general nathanna cainte!

I made an essay up on the spot with limited relevant vocab (On bochtannas) and got 75/100 so I guess I'm reasonably ok, to be honest the part I find the hardest is thinking of enough to say! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

We should start a thread where we can all come in and speak our poor French (and other languages - in seperate threads of course). We would all improve and it would be a chance to use vocab, grammar and be corrected if you're wrong. It would be useful to practice coming up to Wednesday or whatever day your language is on.

Where is the flaw in this plan? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jellytots95

aleatorio wrote: »
    I made an essay up on the spot with limited relevant vocab (On bochtannas) and got 75/100 so I guess I'm reasonably ok, to be honest the part I find the hardest is thinking of enough to say! :o

Well you can kind of use nathannas to fill it up, just general ones like that that it's a huge problem and it sickens you etc.

In our pres we all got marked way down for writing too much, loads of my class failed it and we're all going to school through Irish :/, did that happen to anybody else?? And if so, how much do you recommend writing for them now?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LaughingOwl

Well you can kind of use nathannas to fill it up, just general ones like that that it's a huge problem and it sickens you etc.

In our pres we all got marked way down for writing too much, loads of my class failed it and we're all going to school through Irish :/, did that happen to anybody else?? And if so, how much do you recommend writing for them now?

My teacher always said about 2.5 pages to 3 at most. I'm aiming for 2.5 because my grammar is terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Aspiring wrote: »
    We should start a thread where we can all come in and speak our poor French (and other languages - in seperate threads of course). We would all improve and it would be a chance to use vocab, grammar and be corrected if you're wrong. It would be useful to practice coming up to Wednesday or whatever day your language is on.

Where is the flaw in this plan? :pac:

Well, im pretty sure im the only one on this who does Italian... But yeah, bonjour, cosi cosi. That's my french!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

I fit 14-16 words to a line, and write about 2.5 pages for a decent essay, wrote 3 in the mocks though but in retrospect that was about 1900 words which is way too much :rolleyes:
    Going to try and be nice and concise on Monday, hitting the recommended 900-1000 words is easy enough, its sounding succint thats the hard part :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Well, im pretty sure im the only one on this who does Italian... But yeah, bonjour, cosi cosi. That's my french!

I did Italian for TY.

I remember bambino, citta and bongourno.

Don't even know what citta means. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Wait what I wrote 6 pages for my mocks essay and got 98 I dont think you get marked down for writing too much:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Hotale.com wrote: »
    I did Italian for TY.

I remember bambino, citta and bongourno.

Don't even know what citta means. :p

città can mean city or town. Italiano è una lingua bellissimo! Non è troppo difficile, ho una ottima conoscenza della lingua! In bocca a lupo a tutti che faranno l'esame in due settimana!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jellytots95

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Wait what I wrote 6 pages for my mocks essay and got 98 I dont think you get marked down for writing too much:pac:

I don't think they should, it was probably just a dodgy corrector. She was obsessed, she wrote at the end of them all how much we had written and that it was too much.. I just don't want to risk writing too much just in case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

I'm pretty fluent(ish) in irish so I didnt learn anything for the pre, I did the fadhbanna an t-aos óg one, It ended up 4pages long and I got 72, pretty sure most of my marks were lost for grammar. I can speak irish perfectly but grammar always lets me down :(
    I don't think they should, it was probably just a dodgy corrector. She was obsessed, she wrote at the end of them all how much we had written and that it was too much.. I just don't want to risk writing too much just in case!

Ye probably just pissed her off because she had to go to more effort reading through them, doubt they can take marks off for something like that in the real thing... and if they do, view your paper and appeal it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

città can mean city or town. Italiano è una lingua bellissimo! Non è troppo difficile, ho una ottima conoscenza della lingua! In bocca a lupo a tutti che faranno l'esame in due settimana!

Someone say ciatta

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

I just can't get any study done today, god damn :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Gets me every time :pac:

Anyone know if financial maths is a possibility for paper 2 :/ ??

Lara_15 wrote: »
    Anyone know if financial maths is a possibility for paper 2 :/ ??

Tbh I could see it being thrown in with probability or something. Unlikely though.

Tbh I could see it being thrown in with probability or something. Unlikely though.

Yeah cos the end of that complex numbers question they threw in a bit of co-ordinate geometry/trig sly bastards

Yeah cos the end of that complex numbers question they threw in a bit of co-ordinate geometry/trig sly bastards

That was lovely though in fairness :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

No, I've told you before the admins sent me alert when you're not studying. It's for your own good really.
    :D

That was lovely though in fairness :p

yeah sneaky, but lovely
    whats even on P2?
    statistics
    probability
    theorems/constructions
    trig
    geometry
    circle/line

am I missing anything??

• Advertisement

yeah sneaky, but lovely
    whats even on P2?
    statistics
    probability
    theorems/constructions
    trig
    geometry
    circle/line

am I missing anything??

Enlargements/translations?

Think that's it.

Enlargements/translations?

Think that's it.

Ugh the effort of theorems, and trig proofs
    Dont think ill bother with trig proofs, ill just bull**** a bit and rearrange some of the stuff in the log tables if they come up... not spending hours for 10 marks that isnt even guarunteed

Ugh the effort of theorems, and trig proofs
    Dont think ill bother with trig proofs, ill just bull**** a bit and rearrange some of the stuff in the log tables if they come up... not spending hours for 10 marks that isnt even guarunteed

I had mine down perfectly in the pre and got 10 marks out of 25... I don't think I'll bother with the trig proofs either.

IF anybody's wondering, I started that French thread after, it's in the Leaving Cert section.
    Also here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057225739

IF anybody's wondering, I started that French thread after, it's in the Leaving Cert section.
    Also here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057225739

I apologise for my brutal French in advance. :P

I apologise for my brutal French in advance. :P

Trust me I'm worse :pac: because:
    a) Don't need French for my course
    b) I won't be counting French.

Trust me I'm worse :pac: because:
    a) Don't need French for my course
    b) I won't be counting French.

Well I...

a) Wanted to keep on German but couldn't
    b) Don't need it for my course
    c) I won't be counting it
    d) I do pass
    f) I have never studied it except the night before
    g) The only verb I know by heart is Être.
    h) I hate it
    i) The only phrase I remember is "Il y a rien que du soleil matin au soir", and I don't even know if that's right :pac:

French <3

Well I...

a) Wanted to keep on German but couldn't
    b) Don't need it for my course
    c) I won't be counting it
    d) I do pass
    f) I have never studied it except the night before
    g) The only verb I know by heart is Être.
    h) I hate it
    i) The only phrase I remember is "Il y a rien que du soleil matin au soir", and I don't even know if that's right :pac:

French <3

You win :pac: I thought I needed it up until 3 months ago, I could have done another subject :o

You win :pac: I thought I needed it up until 3 months ago, I could have done another subject :o

I've already mentioned here that I wanted to do history over it and someone nearly ate my head off :(

• Advertisement

I've already mentioned here that I wanted to do history over it and someone nearly ate my head off :(

Sure History's easy like ;) Same as biology, chemistry, ag science and every other subject I don't do ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement