Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

I can't be the only one who is constantly looking at the cao calculator these days...

Nope, every night I'm on it seeing what happens if I don't get a B in geography :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

how many hours a day everyone putting in now? I only started around a week or two ago and do around 6 a day, praise shrek I only need 300 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Badwulf wrote: »
    how many hours a day everyone putting in now? I only started around a week or two ago and do around 6 a day, praise shrek I only need 300 points

Doing about 6 or 7 a day. That includes being in school for some of it though. I also just get distracted really easily and start looking out at the rain! :pac:

robman60 wrote: »
    Doing about 6 or 7 a day. That includes being in school for some of it though. I also just get distracted really easily and start looking out at the rain! :pac:

when did you start brah? I've been worrying for ages that I've left it too late and that
    I wont even get the 300 I need

I'm trying to do a good bit but it's so damn hard!

I can do about 3 hours but after that I get so easily distracted, some days I'm not in the mood to do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Praise Shrek?

Have any of ye heard of Shrek is love Shrek is life. Look it up on Youtube... or maybe don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

thelad95 wrote: »
    Praise Shrek?

Have any of ye heard of Shrek is love Shrek is life. Look it up on Youtube... or maybe don't.

dont listen, you will be scarred for life, its the first thing i thought of when i saw the post too haha

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Praise Shrek?

Had a free class a few weeks ago so put that up on the projector, Didn't go down too well...

I'm seriously freaking out, I only started proper studying around a week or two ago and now im seriously scared I'm not going to get my points, has anyone heard of anyone in the pass who only started studying in the last week or two and still got the points they needed? this is seriously stressing me out...:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Do people on here putting in 6 a day actually sit and study productively for 6 hours?? God I can't go an hour without having to stand up or go get a snack or daydreaming about something :rolleyes: Sometimes its continuous throughout the day with little breaks haha, I just don't get how that works :pac: Maybe I just have the attention span of a fish :pac:

• Advertisement

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    Do people on here putting in 6 a day actually sit and study productively for 6 hours?? God I can't go an hour without having to stand up or go get a snack or daydreaming about something :rolleyes: Sometimes its continuous throughout the day with little breaks haha, I just don't get how that works :pac: Maybe I just have the attention span of a fish :pac:

You have to take breaks at regular intervals or you will not take in anything you're studying. Even if its just to go for a walk around the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Which one of you guys made the reliablecitizen and Shakespeare14 alts?!?!

I'm seriously freaking out, I only started proper studying around a week or two ago and now im seriously scared I'm not going to get my points, has anyone heard of anyone in the pass who only started studying in the last week or two and still got the points they needed? this is seriously stressing me out...:/

What subjects are you doing?

Ehm... What?

?????

?????

Saw them there a second ago, somebody's after making 2 new users and are trolling the LC forum bad :P

Why is it becoming so hard to study? :( I feel like I should be cramming for my life in these weeks but I just don't feel like doing anything and get distracted so easily :rolleyes:

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Saw them there a second ago, somebody's after making 2 new users and are trolling the LC forum bad :P

Was that the thread on comparative where he claimed his teacher was making him write 10 pages with 8 comparisons per paragraph? Also he stated that he's doing 3 films for the Comparative which the SEC have made clear isn't allowed.

spurious is furious!

Did posts get deleted or did I just imagine typing some?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Did posts get deleted or did I just imagine typing some?

They got deleted because they both referred to deleted posts, as you well know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Probably got deleted if they were discussing mod actions. I didn't see them so I don't really know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This thread is usually left unmoderated, or very lightly moderated, but it will not be used to abuse posters who have posted in other threads, or to re-post deleted posts.

spurious wrote: »
    They got deleted because they both referred to deleted posts, as you well know.

Didn't know that wasn't allowed...

Sorry :p
    Why is it becoming so hard to study? :( I feel like I should be cramming for my life in these weeks but I just don't feel like doing anything and get distracted so easily :rolleyes:

I hope I get more motivated during next week, if not I'm gonna get a C in everything.

I hope I get more motivated during next week, if not I'm gonna get a C in everything.

I wanted 550 all throughout the year, now I'm thinking 530 would make me very happy :pac: Or just getting my first choice really, it was 515 last year.. Anyway I am getting very scared I won't do as well as I hoped I would

I wanted 550 all throughout the year, now I'm thinking 530 would make me very happy :pac: Or just getting my first choice really, it was 515 last year.. Anyway I am getting very scared I won't do as well as I hoped I would

I know I could get 580ish if I studied as much as I should, but I'm so lazy! I'm thinking now that I'll be struggling to get 420.

I know I could get 580ish if I studied as much as I should, but I'm so lazy! I'm thinking now that I'll be struggling to get 420.

It's horrible knowing you haven't done as much as you should have.. I was dreaming in September how I will be so ready at this time :pac: thinking that exams won't know what hit them :cool:

It's horrible knowing you haven't done as much as you should have.. I was dreaming in September how I will be so ready at this time :pac: thinking that exams won't know what hit them :cool:

I got 500 in the pres and I've done nothing since... :( I have this beautiful study timetable stuck on the wall above my desk, I had such great plans... I haven't used it once :pac:

I got 500 in the pres and I've done nothing since... :( I have this beautiful study timetable stuck on the wall above my desk, I had such great plans... I haven't used it once :pac:

I love making study plans, hate following them, I am always behind.. At the moment I am like 3 days behind on mine, oops :pac:

• Advertisement

I love making study plans, hate following them, I am always behind.. At the moment I am like 3 days behind on mine, oops :pac:

I'm about 12 behind my semi-organised geography plan... At this rate I'll never even get physical revised :pac:

Atmosphere and Ocean can feck off. Such a nightmare!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement