Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

robman60 wrote: »
    Just noticed thelad95 has disappeared off here without a trace. Perhaps it's a signal that he's copped on after taking it too lax last year and we just haven't realised we're taking it too lax. I think that's definitely a possibility, I feel I'm doing less now than I was doing in November.

Yeah, he successfully gave up boards before the LC.

Whereas I failed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Just noticed thelad95 has disappeared off here without a trace. Perhaps it's a signal that he's copped on after taking it too lax last year and we just haven't realised we're taking it too lax. I think that's definitely a possibility, I feel I'm doing less now than I was doing in November.

He gave us notice last Sunday I think...
    Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Yeah, he successfully gave up boards before the LC.

Whereas I failed :(

I lasted longer than you staying off this for feck sake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sammydev

Im sure I did more for my 5th year exams than in the last few weeks

Hotale.com wrote: »
    I lasted longer than you staying off this for feck sake :pac:

I gave up 3 forums on this! That's something..

Aspiring wrote: »
    Everybody got it, if somebody didn't get it they'd say "WHAS DA MEEN KAYLEE?"

I think they'd say "Omg was it really 42? I wrote 77, will I lose much marks?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I shouldn't be laughing at this, when I looked at it first I was thinking how the fúck am I going to get A with so many variables. Then I realised t was 0, stressing over nothing :rolleyes:

I shouldn't be laughing at this, when I looked at it first I was thinking how the fúck am I going to get A with so many variables. Then I realised t was 0, stressing over nothing :rolleyes:

I managed to get that wrong. :o

Same :o

And all that pile of crap to the right just became 1. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

"If I managed to get halfway round the galaxy will I get attempt marks? How many??!!!"

:pac:

I managed to get that wrong. :o

Ah well yano there's always next year. Oh wait, that's not what you wanted to hear..

AH YES now I remember, the obligatory response here is "attempt marks, be grand"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eefah

this whole study thing would go much better if 'Orange is the New Black' didn't keep turning my 20 minute breaks into hour long breaks ....

Ah well yano there's always next year. Oh wait, that's not what you wanted to hear..

AH YES now I remember, the obligatory response here is "attempt marks, be grand"

When I remember that the rest of the country are retarded I get less worried :)

Thank fúck for the bell curve.

eefah wrote: »
    this whole study thing would go much better if 'Orange is the New Black' didn't keep turning my 20 minute breaks into hour long breaks ....

Is that actually good? I hear loads of people talking about it but i avoided watching it over the leaving :p

What is the what what? :pac:
    When I remember that the rest of the country are retarded I get less worried :)

Thank fúck for the bell curve.

Yeah, something like 3% will fail. Do you look like 3%, no. That means you'll at least pass, well done :pac:

Yeah, something like 3% will fail. Do you look like 3%, no. That means you'll at least pass, well done :pac:

Gotta love not being in the bottom 3% of something very important :cool:

Is that actually good? I hear loads of people talking about it but i avoided watching it over the leaving :p

Dude it soooooooooooooo good. I started watching season 2 yesterday, after maths, to make myself feel better, and now im on episode 8.

It's just fantastic. Like, on one level its hilarious, with some fúcking fantastic plot lines. On another level, (the nerd level) it does some interesting things with the nature of power and how a situation can change someone so completely (and when that happens, are you REALLY changed, or is it just that a really shítty part of who you are is revealed?)
    But yeah, its well worth a watch. It's got some really unique characters, obviously the setting means they can do some interesting things most other shows can't, and despite the prison thing, its not all dark and depressing... yeah I'll stop rambling now.

Gotta love not being in the bottom 3% of something very important :cool:

Sometimes statistics are scary though. I need to be in the top 9.4% to get my course, means that I have to do better than 90.6% of the leaving certs this year. Think it's time to put down the statistics for tonight :pac:

Stats from http://www.napd.ie/cmsv1/phocadownload/lc%20points%20stats%202013.pdf using 2013 results as guideline. 9.4% refers to those getting >=500 points. Ned's declassified school survival guide, results may vary. Why are you still reading this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Sometimes statistics are scary though. I need to be in the top 9.4% to get my course, means that I have to do better than 90.6% of the leaving certs this year. Think it's time to put down the statistics for tonight :pac:

Stats from http://www.napd.ie/cmsv1/phocadownload/lc%20points%20stats%202013.pdf using 2013 results as guideline. 9.4% refers to those getting >=500 points. Ned's declassified school survival guide, results may vary. Why are you still reading this.

What course you looking to do

EDIT: NVM I found it.

Think of 9 people in your year at random, will you do better than them? :P

That statistic's gave me a great deal of confidence, 500+ points here we come!

Dude it soooooooooooooo good. I started watching season 2 yesterday, after maths, to make myself feel better, and now im on episode 8.

It's just fantastic. Like, on one level its hilarious, with some fúcking fantastic plot lines. On another level, (the nerd level) it does some interesting things with the nature of power and how a situation can change someone so completely (and when that happens, are you REALLY changed, or is it just that a really shítty part of who you are is revealed?)
    But yeah, its well worth a watch. It's got some really unique characters, obviously the setting means they can do some interesting things most other shows can't, and despite the prison thing, its not all dark and depressing... yeah I'll stop rambling now.

I'll watch it after the leaving! Not now, sounds too addictive :pac:

• Advertisement

Think of 9 people in your year at random, will you do better than them? :P

That statistic's gave me a great deal of confidence, 500+ points here we come!

Haha yeah but most people aren't going for 500+, god damnit IT sector calm the fúck down :pac:

Haha yeah but most people aren't going for 500+, god damnit IT sector calm the fúck down :pac:

Please don't put UCC down, you'll make it harder for me to get in :o:p

Sometimes statistics are scary though...Think it's time to put down the statistics for tonight :pac:

Please don't put UCC down, you'll make it harder for me to get in :o:p

I'd need ear plugs to avoid the Cork accent everywhere bai :pac:

:D do you have any idea what episode this is? I'd love to watch it.

You'll do better than me, if that's any consolation :)
    I'll watch it after the leaving! Not now, sounds too addictive :pac:

yes do NOT start now, it's way too easy to get waaaay invested in the characters, and if you have my level of self control (ie. negligible) that is not good news for study time.

:D do you have any idea what episode this is? I'd love to watch it.

It's called The Twisted World of Marge Simpson. S8E11

I'd need ear plugs to avoid the Cork accent everywhere bai :pac:

Is it that bad to outside ears? We don't even notice down here :pac:
    You'll do better than me, if that's any consolation :)

yes do NOT start now, it's way too easy to get waaaay invested in the characters, and if you have my level of self control (ie. negligible) that is not good news for study time.

I've enough in Game of Thrones for the next 2 weeks :p

The one where Marge starts selling pretzels.

Edit: It's called The Twisted World of Marge Simpson. S8E11

Ah, only saw it a couple of weeks ago. Thought this was a different episode because I didn't remember this scene. Soul crushing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

Everybody got it, if somebody didn't get it they'd say "WHAS DA MEEN KAYLEE?"

So you all got it? Can someone explain it to me?

• Advertisement

Is it that bad to outside ears? We don't even notice down here :pac:

I've enough in Game of Thrones for the next 2 weeks :p

Ah it's not that bad. I prefer a Clare accent though :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement