Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Hotale.com wrote: »
    What subjects are you doing?

Maths O
    Irish O (Don't need it)
    Engineering H
    English H
    Biology H
    Ag Science H
    Construction H
    LCVP C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Badwulf wrote: »
    Maths O
    Irish O (Don't need it)
    Engineering H
    English H
    Biology H
    Ag Science H
    Construction H
    LCVP C

If you get a C3 in everything you've 320 points, I'm presuming that's not too much for you but we all have different abilities..

If you get a C3 in everything you've 320 points, I'm presuming that's not too much for you but we all have different abilities..

Is it even possible to get that considering the fact I only started studying like a week or two a go? :(

Is it even possible to get that considering the fact I only started studying like a week or two a go? :(

Yeah definitely, I only started really getting into it 5 weeks ago and am going for 450 and I think I can do it. Maybe.

Do we get any confirmation about whether or not we have been accepted into the HEAR scheme or not? If so when do we get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Do we get any confirmation about whether or not we have been accepted into the HEAR scheme or not? If so when do we get it?

after the exams in June, afaik :P

• Registered Users Posts: 42 courtney95

Is it possible to get an honour in French if you fail the oral?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

courtney95 wrote: »
    Is it possible to get an honour in French if you fail the oral?

Yes. What makes you think you failed the oral?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Just got a kingship and lady macbeth essay corrected....did horribly...will I have time to completely memorise 2 macbeth essays? Along with doing my work for other subjects? Freaking out...

Just got a kingship and lady macbeth essay corrected....did horribly...will I have time to completely memorise 2 macbeth essays? Along with doing my work for other subjects? Freaking out...

Why did you do badly? Was it poorly written or did you just not get enough down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Why did you do badly? Was it poorly written or did you just not get enough down?

Not enough insights on quotes and poor topic sentences

thelad95 wrote: »
    Yes. What makes you think you failed the oral?

My nerves got the better of me and I blanked it was horrible

My nerves got the better of me and I blanked it was horrible

Were you able to respond to the basic questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Plan for tonight:
    -attempt to destroy my liver
    -help some females make decisions theyll most likely regret

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Plan for tonight:

Pregnancy OMG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

FCUK THIS LEAVING CERT, IT CAN SUCK MY BALLS

I don't know what this is suggesting :pac:
    Huell wrote: »
    FCUK THIS LEAVING CERT, IT CAN SUCK MY BALLS

Can it? That's a strange idea, the exams can actually perform fellatio? I'll have to ask my religion teacher tomorrow if my exams can do the same...

Does anyone really care anymore? If it hasn't come together all year it certainly won't come together now.

I should have just gotten a new jumper instead of constantly trying to sew the sleeve back together :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Does anyone really care anymore? If it hasn't come together all year it certainly won't come together now.

I should have just gotten a new jumper instead of constantly trying to sew the sleeve back together :rolleyes:

That made me laugh so much, idek why, But thank you :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Does anyone really care anymore?
    It's funny you ask that, because I've been feeling less bothered each day. I mean, if we had a few months left I'd just say fúck this and not bother. I'm trying to use the fact that there's only a couple of weeks left as a motivating factor though, and that's working decently.

With graduation on Friday and school finishing, I just feel study has taken a back seat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

I don't know what this is suggesting :pac:

I'll leave that up to your imagination

Were you able to respond to the basic questions?

Well I answered the questions on myself and my family etc but I didn't develop or go into any abstract topics :/ so I most definitely was graded as ordinary level and a fail

Well I answered the questions on myself and my family etc but I didn't develop or go into any abstract topics :/ so I most definitely was graded as ordinary level and a fail

You'll be grand, you'd only fail if you couldn't answer anything or just said "oui" to every question and generally sounded like you didn't have a clue.
    I'll leave that up to your imagination

You'll suggest they wear the red dress as opposed to the blue one? :)

If you were able to give any sort of response to basic questions you have passed. Remember, the person who was sitting across from you is a human being and they will pass you if you give them a reason to. The people who fail orals don't make any sort of reasonable attempt at engaging in 'conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

If you answered the basic questions you probably didn't fail. A guy in my year just said "My name is ___" when she asked him his name in French. It's people like him who fail, not people who didn't go into abstract topics.

I took today off to study and only managed a very distracted hour.

Is there any point trying to do another one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

I took today off to study and only managed a very distracted hour.

Is there any point trying to do another one?

Well yeah sure! I believe in you :D

When I start getting distracted a lot I usually do maths, it seems to use different parts of my brain to French, English, or History, which tend to exhaust me, especially the latter too. It's like my vice subject :pac: If you have a subject like that just do it, it's the best plan of action.
    Plan for tonight:

That's the plan for tomorrow :pac:

Well yeah sure! I believe in you :D

When I start getting distracted a lot I usually do maths, it seems to use different parts of my brain to French, English, or History, which tend to exhaust me, especially the latter too. It's like my vice subject :pac: If you have a subject like that just do it, it's the best plan of action

Unfortunately it looks like Boards.ie is becoming my favourite subject :rolleyes:

Might actually stop coming on here for the next few weeks. :p

• Advertisement

Unfortunately it looks like Boards.ie is becoming my favourite subject :rolleyes:

Might actually stop coming on here for the next few weeks. :p

733 posts in a month? Not likely

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement