Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Keeks96 wrote: »
    One of the comprehensions from paper two should be on paper one!

Exactly! You could early even manage the two of them And an essay in 2 hours, ah well guess we'll just have to grin and bear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

Hotale.com wrote: »
    I don't think we did work in class for the Junior Cert more than twice... :rolleyes:

I worked my ass off for the Junior Cert because everyone had told me it was so important, but now the important one is here and I'm like "meh it will be grand". :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,784 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've pretty much written Irish off as my worst subject since Christmas, wasn't able to drop to OL until January and so spent the first few month of the year learning An Triail, which isn't on the OL course :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Keeks96

I'd love an A but I forgot the word for "pipes" and "ice" in my oral, so it's doubtful that it's going to happen. :(

There's still hope! I'll be doing Irish in arts in september and it's the only subject I could get an A in so I hope the paper is nice!

There's still hope! I'll be doing Irish in arts in september and it's the only subject I could get an A in so I hope the paper is nice!

If I get an A it will be a miracle because I honestly can't speak a word of it, I'm a lot better at writing it. That photographic memory tho :P

• Advertisement

If I get an A it will be a miracle because I honestly can't speak a word of it, I'm a lot better at writing it. That photographic memory tho :P

Lucky with the photographic memory!
    Is anyone dreading biology on tuesday... I know I am :( Worst mock grade and I haven't improved since then

Is anyone dreading biology on tuesday... I know I am :( Worst mock grade and I haven't improved since then

I plan on opening by biology notes tomorrow :D

I plan on opening by biology notes tomorrow :D

same here... tomorrow night will be a long night.
    Finished on Thursday though :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,784 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Not finished 'til next Wednesday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

Being fluent is ironically what's gonna cost me my A in Irish I think. Never study it cause I'm just like sure I'm fluent be grand! Not too confident about the A now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

I am.. I have only unit 1 learned and I got 34% in the mock :(
    hoping they're nice to us :p

Saxo wrote: »
    I am.. I have only unit 1 learned and I got 34% in the mock :(
    hoping they're nice to us :p

I hopefully will scrape a C in the real thing, if I'm lucky with the questions

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

I hopefully will scrape a C in the real thing, if I'm lucky with the questions

I'd be okay if not much is asked in the way of enzymes or respiration :) I just want to pass at this stage :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Firefox has crashed, Chrome has crashed, Internet Explorer is, well Internet Explorer, all that is left is Opera.
    I wonder if this is a sign to study?

Opera is great :p
    I'm not finished until the 18th :(
    Should have been the 20th but I decided yesterday that I'm not going in for Applied Maths. :pac:

Noooo! Stop this madness :( You're letting the team down :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Opera is sooooo 2008 :p

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Opera is sooooo 2008 :p

I use Opera on everything :P It's the only browser that lets me easily open 60 tabs on my laptop AND phone :pac:
    That photographic memory tho :P
    Ah that doesn't exist :p You're just good at remembering stuff. See? Perfect for Med :D

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

Opera reminds me of the non touch screen sony ericsson days, back in about 2007... Didnt even know it still existed
    Chrome is by far the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

I use Opera on everything :P It's the only browser that lets me easily open 60 tabs on my laptop AND phone :pac:

Not heard of Safari, no? :p

Not heard of Safari, no? :p

Eh I don't think they make Safari for Linux or Android :pac:

Eh I don't think they make Safari for Linux or Android :pac:

Ohhhhhhh fancy you, with your Linux. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I set up a dual boot with W8 and Ubuntu and I didn't use Ubuntu for a bit and now I can't get back into it. Not that it was easy booting into Ubuntu even when I could..

Damn you Windows 8 :mad:

500GB partition on my HDD gone. I'll have to erase it.

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I set up a dual boot with W8 and Ubuntu and I didn't use Ubuntu for a bit and now I can't get back into it.

Damn you Windows 8 :mad:

500GB partition on my HDD gone. I'll have to erase it.

You just wanted to use fancy computer words, didn't you? :p

Is Ubuntu any good? My friend recommended it but I just never got around to getting it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

One thing I'll give opera is that you can download torrents straight from it. Well you could in 2008 don't use it anymore but I assume that's still the case :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

P(Me sleeping tonight) = 0

P(Complete breakdown before tomorrow) = 1

Noooo! Stop this madness :( You're letting the team down :(

Opera is pretty great :)

Applied Maths, the effort is unbelievable :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LaughingOwl

P(Me sleeping tonight) = 0

My parents won't allow me to study anymore. P(me waking up before 7am)=.99

Ah that doesn't exist :p You're just good at remembering stuff. See? Perfect for Med :D

I might keep Medicine as my first choice, just in case I do manage to get it! :P
    My parents won't allow me to study anymore. P(me waking up before 7am)=.99

My parents won't allow me to stay in school between exams cause I spent 5 hours in school preparing for English paper 2 and then my head went blank and couldn't remember anything. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

The next two days are Leaving Cert bliss. Ordinary Irish and ordinary maths, both subjects where I don't need anything but a pass, but subjects I passed fairly comfortably in the mocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I might keep Medicine as my first choice, just in case I do manage to get it! :P
    Order your CAO by what you want, not your nerves about what you will get in points!!

• Advertisement

Is Ubuntu any good? My friend recommended it but I just never got around to getting it..
    Ah sure it's grand, just what I'm used to.

Applied Maths, the effort is unbelievable :pac:
    Oh stop :p You've two whole days to revise :) Besides, Aspiring, Nimrod and I are doing it as well!

Stop with the defeatist attitude, it's bit befitting!

If you want it you definitely should :) Just start working :p You'll still get a better HPAT result than me :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement