Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

thelad95 wrote: »
    733 posts in a month? Not likely

Trolling AH is too much fun. :P

I don't piss in the sink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Can someone who is good at irish give me a hand?

Is it
    "rudaí dearfach" or "rudaí dearfacha" thought it was the 2nd, but my teacher corrected me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

oncex wrote: »
    Can someone who is good at irish give me a hand?

Is it
    "rudaí dearfach" or "rudaí dearfacha" thought it was the 2nd, but my teacher corrected me?
    It's rudaí dearfacha, I'm almost sure. It has to agree with the plural noun. She may be thinking that singular nouns ending in "(e)ach" normally go to "aigh" but this is not the case for adjectives, so you're correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

robman60 wrote: »
    It's rudaí dearfacha, I'm almost sure. It has to agree with the plural noun. She may be thinking that singular nouns ending in "(e)ach" normally go to "aigh" but this is not the case for adjectives, so you're correct.

okay it was at the end of an aiste so she was probably just sick of correcting :rolleyes: Thank you :)

I don't like to generalise but everyone who doesn't drink/goes home at half 10 on their grad night is a dry ****e.

There's a guy in my year who thinks he's a legend because he's not drinking, you'd swear the rest of us give a f*ck. It will "impair his cognitive functions" he says. #totescringe

• Advertisement

Haha true. There's a guy in my year who skipped TY and only just turned 17 who ordered a pioneer badge so he'll get into the pubs for grad!

robman60 wrote: »
    Haha true. There's a guy in my year who skipped TY and only just turned 17 who ordered a pioneer badge so he'll get into the pubs for grad!

Did it work? :pac:

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Did it work? :pac:

I can't predict the future! Grad isn't until Friday! :pac:

Ah Jesus all my friends are going home at half 10! I'll have to mingle with some gaa pr*cks D:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Ah Jesus all my friends are going home at half 10! I'll have to mingle with some gaa pr*cks D:

Ah a few of them managed to get in a fight last night at ours :pac:

Fortunately there were plenty of nice lads anyway. I tried to convince a few people to vote for Cormac Manning :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah a few of them managed to get in a fight last night at ours :pac:

Fortunately there were plenty of nice lads anyway. I tried to convince a few people to vote for Cormac Manning :pac:

I'm related to that psycho Catholic Democrat candidate! She thinks the contraceptive pill is poisoning our water supply!!!

The shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I didn't even get into my grad night venue. My passport was delayed so I made my way in and was refused entry from a PUB. I didn't care about the Drink either I just wanted to get in.
    Freaked isn't the word.

I'm related to that psycho Catholic Democrat candidate! She thinks the contraceptive pill is poisoning our water supply!!!

The shame!

Haha oh god you poor man :o I'll probably give some Labour candidate preferences anyway as I think they'll get too hard done by, and our "superconstiuency" is liable to elect at least one SF and one of those dodgy types :rolleyes:

Haha oh god you poor man :o I'll probably give some Labour candidate preferences anyway as I think they'll get too hard done by, and our "superconstiuency" is liable to elect at least one SF and one of those dodgy types :rolleyes:

I never got in the electorate this time round.

I like Seán Kelly, he knows what he's on about and I'd probably have Brian Crowley as number two. I've not a clue after that really because I'm not voting.

I actually think FG and FF have good European candidates, they've a load of fools in the Dáil though. This anti-Europe gang really really annoy me, we'd be nothing without the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Plan for tonight:
    -attempt to destroy my liver
    -help some females make decisions theyll most likely regret
    Update: yes and yes ;) hehehe

I never got in the electorate this time round.

I like Seán Kelly, he knows what he's on about and I'd probably have Brian Crowley as number two. I've not a clue after that really because I'm not voting.

I actually think FG and FF have good European candidates, they've a load of fools in the Dáil though. This anti-Europe gang really really annoy me, we'd be nothing without the EU.

Ah right, in the European elections I'll be voting based on the candidates for Commission President and party policy. The social democrat candidate is Martin Schulz, so I'll probably give Labour first preference. I prefer the ALDE (which Brian Crowley is part of) candidate to EPP's (Fine Gael), so I'll vote for him before Clune/Kelly.

I find the Greens aren't really pro-federalist enough and are a bit anti-science sometimes so I'll give them a lower preference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Am I the only one who couldn't give two f*ck's about these elections? There's this Polish guy who came to my house in a pink suit. His English was really bad. I think he wanted to build a playground or de-nationalise banks or something. Anyway I'll probably vote for him for his sheer audacity more than anything.
    Update: yes and yes ;) hehehe

Pics or GTFO :p

Am I the only one who couldn't give two f*ck's about these elections?

You know you're not the only one :P

The important thing to do if you're only making a joke of a vote is to not vote for my psycho Aunt, she'll delegalise any sign of affection past a handshake. She's like stupidity personified.

I feel so mature and grown up talking about politics :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Forgot to get myself on the register of electors thanks to this bloody leaving cert stress so I can't even vote :pac: :O

Besides my grad night is tonight so tomorrow is hangover day:L finished school yesterday and finding it very difficult to study, I'm to excited/emotional about tonight :( :pac:

Will pubs be open late after grads night?? Our whole school is gonna be in the town like, and my friend's convinced that last pint is half 11 :confused: surely they'll stay open late??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Can't vote yet cos I'm 17. I'll be voting in the 2015 referenda though and hopefully everything after that.

Will pubs be open late after grads night?? Our whole school is gonna be in the town like, and my friend's convinced that last pint is half 11 :confused: surely they'll stay open late??

How are we supposed to know..? :confused:

Forgot to get myself on the register of electors thanks to this bloody leaving cert stress so I can't even vote :pac: :O

Besides my grad night is tonight so tomorrow is hangover day:L finished school yesterday and finding it very difficult to study, I'm to excited/emotional about tonight :( :pac:

Mine was last night, one of the best nights ever! Last call was *supposed* to be half 11 but we didnt start clearin out til 1

Mine was last night, one of the best nights ever! Last call was *supposed* to be half 11 but we didnt start clearin out til 1

1 o clock? Wow.

We have a club that will stay open till 3. It's kinda shít though because a load of 5th years and TY's come out as well :(

How are we supposed to know..? :confused:

Maybe people here had their grads night already? :P in general pubs would do the same thing everywhere, no?

Maybe people here had their grads night already? :P in general pubs would do the same thing everywhere, no?

Nope, a lot of pubs (especially in towns) are far more strict on last call and closing times

Nope, a lot of pubs (especially in towns) are far more strict on last call and closing times

F*ck sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Anybody know what the story is with the Naughton foundation scholarship, how do you actually get it, get A1's in a science subject and maths?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

My graduation was last night also, damage done to my poor liver :P Got kicked out of the place at around 2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Anyone else go dandalion for grad last night?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement