Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Aspiring wrote: »
    That everything then?

Depends on the poem AFAIK like for spailpin you can get asked about the rhyme or historical background
    but the others should be just the basics! Meafar in colscaradh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Saxo wrote: »
    After these last 8 years I've concluded you are sick in the head after reading that. :pac:
    Might explain the severe case of falling sickness ... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Oh ok :p

I was soooooooo confused cause I think every grad in the country has happened by now :D

TK Maxx but dont be worrying about it until youve actually finished the LC

Oh yeah my grad was like two weeks ago :pac:

Yeah that's true.

Mine is on the 4th of July :( don't have much time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Guys I'm being super annoying but does anyone know how many points to make foreach question in prose and poetry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Might explain the severe case of falling sickness ... :pac:

I just have bad balance :mad: :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

peekachoo wrote: »
    Depends on the poem AFAIK like for spailpin you can get asked about the rhyme or historical background
    but the others should be just the basics! Meafar in colscaradh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Oh sorry :eek: :/

The struggle to find something to wear for the grad. :(

I'll tell you not to order anything for sure :pac:

My friend ordered this gorgeous dress last year for her debs, got it like a week before debs and it looked like a curtain :D #madeinchina

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    I'll tell you not to order anything for sure :pac:

My friend ordered this gorgeous dress last year for her debs, got it like a week before debs and it looked like a curtain :D #madeinchina

Oh gosh I'd freak out hahaha, I have a backup dress in case that happens though, I don't really want to wear it cause I already wore it to a wedding. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I am so looking forward to lying in bed until 12 and watching TV and movies all day during the summer :D It feels like its been forever since I did that..

How well can you do in biology not knowing any diagrams? :pac:

This last minute studying has me like :(
    I am so looking forward to lying in bed until 12 and watching TV and movies all day during the summer :D It feels like its been forever since I did that..

My mother has been telling me, I hope you enjoy the peace of the leaving cert cause you'll have the summer in the Bog and cleaning the house to make up for all the jobs you've missed because "study". :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eefah

Fúck the leaving cert but question 6 b of the leamhthuiscinti, in particular.

eefah wrote: »
    Fúck the leaving cert but question 6 b of the leamhthuiscinti, in particular.

I thought Irish was really nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LeavingCertee

FHB wrote: »
    Imagine doing geography, biology, french and history. That'd be horrible.

Substitute geography for chemistry and that is my leaving cert right there!

I thought Irish was really nice :)

Oh, it was :) (Just me, or was that the easiest listening comprehension ever? They spoke soooooo slowly)
    but ... .paper 2 ... :L

Oh, it was :) (Just me, or was that the easiest listening comprehension ever? They spoke soooooo slowly)
    but ... .paper 2 ... :L

It was the first listening comprehension I've done other than the mocks :pac:

I got like 20/60 in the mock cause I didn't realise it only played twice, unlike French that does it three times.

It was so easy to understand though!

Ugh paper 2, I'm preparing Dís and an Spailpín fanach, leaving everything else haha

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

I was disappointed we didn't get to hear from my pal Dónal from Donegal in Irish :( :pac:

Lads for OL Irish p2 - what should I look over (predictions haha)
    I just need a pass but I've been doing French all evening, suppose I may look over Irish..... I don't even know what poems/stories we've done.... HALP

BTW if any of you are doing French and not following @PetitTweetCork you're mad! So useful! (and no I don't work for them)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mmahony18

Big thanks to whoever decided to put biology and Irish paper 2 on the same day, really appreciate it.

LoveLamps wrote: »
    I was disappointed we didn't get to hear from my pal Dónal from Donegal in Irish :( :pac:

Lads for OL Irish p2 - what should I look over (predictions haha)
    I just need a pass but I've been doing French all evening, suppose I may look over Irish..... I don't even know what poems/stories we've done.... HALP

BTW if any of you are doing French and not following @PetitTweetCork you're mad! So useful! (and no I don't work for them)

Yeah agreed, @PetitTweetCork is great! My friend spammed my newsfeed with retweeting them today haha

Question 6(b) of the léamhuiscint, or as I like to call it, "blank space" :pac:

It was the first listening comprehension I've done other than the mocks :pac:

I got like 20/60 in the mock cause I didn't realise it only played twice, unlike French that does it three times.

It was so easy to understand though!

Ugh paper 2, I'm preparing Dís and an Spailpín fanach, leaving everything else haha

Idk I have a feeling about Gnathrud (mostly cause its the one I know least well, and sod's law.)
    Once you know Dís you essentially know Colscaradh anyway.
    Its the reading comp i'm more worried about.

• Advertisement

Yeah agreed, @PetitTweetCork is great! My friend spammed my newsfeed with retweeting them today haha

I screenshotted about 50 of their tweets and wrote them out! Haha they'll dm you with tips if you retweet them but effoooort

mmahony18 wrote: »
    Big thanks to whoever decided to put biology and Irish paper 2 on the same day, really appreciate it.

Shout-out to the genius who thought French should come directly after 2 days of Irish, as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I am wrecked tired! How is it the leaving cert is so tiring?

Shout-out to the genius who thought French should come directly after 2 days of Irish, as well.

Kept thinking of French today when I was trying to do my essay :rolleyes:

French is sooooo much easier than Irish!
    I do OL Irish and am a fairly average ordinary student (ie c/d)

But I pick up and remember French so much easier... I thought you were either bad at languages or good at them :confused:

French is a lot easier to pick up. Once you know a few verbs learning more becomes easier and easier.

Idk I have a feeling about Gnathrud (mostly cause its the one I know least well, and sod's law.)
    Once you know Dís you essentially know Colscaradh anyway.
    Its the reading comp i'm more worried about.

We didn't even do Gnathrud :(
    Aspiring wrote: »
    French is a lot easier to pick up. Once you know a few verbs learning more becomes easier and easier.

Verbs aren't taught well in Irish, at all.

Verbs aren't taught well in Irish, at all.
    In my experience, not much is taught well !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Saxo wrote: »
    Only? :eek: I got 195 :(
    Ah yeah but everyone's different.
    Oh sorry :eek: :/
    I don't feel people shoud have to apologise for this in reason, everyone's different. Like I've been annoyed about getting 'only 70%' in a Physics test, but there are people who'd be delighted with 70% in Ordinary Physics.

• Advertisement

We didn't even do Gnathrud :(

Well, essentially, seasann Jimmy do na gathdaoine neamhurchoideacha i mBeil Feirste le linn na dtriobloidi and he dies suddenly at the end indicating cruatan an shaoil aaaaaand then go on about how this is a universal theme even though it actually really very specific (???)

other than that its just treithe Jimmy - he's basically the bom-diggidy, fear clainne, duine tuisceannach, grámhar, cara dilis, etc etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement