Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

People who have finished school - hows your study going & what kinda routine you doing?
    Im thinking about following school structure.. Start at 9, break at 11, break at 1.30, finish about 4. Then maybe do more from 6 ish till whenever
    Great opportunity to desperately cram which i reaaally need to do. Not ideal but needs must i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

are we allowed to eat during the exams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

are we allowed to eat during the exams?

You're joking right?

Days 298 wrote: »
    You're joking right?

Not like a big chicken fillet roll, a packet of sweets or something just to keep your energy levels up during the exam

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I've heard of people eating sweets and stuff during the exam.

Not sure if we're really allowed to or not though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

Not like a big chicken fillet roll, a packet of sweets or something just to keep your energy levels up during the exam
    Ye thats no bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

While I'm not sure that it's strictly speaking "allowed", normally no-one will take any notice PROVIDED that it's not something which makes noise e.g. crinkly plastic bags, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

I am so fúcked! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hotale.com wrote: »
    I am so fúcked! :D

Glad I'm not the only one! It's taken me 4 days to briefly revise the geography course.. 4 hours spent each day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Yes you can eat but how would you have time to eat? In English we're all gonna be breaking our balls to get something half decent on the page if you've time to eat there's something wrong. What exam could you possibly have time to eat? Well I graduated today it was a good night, goodnight all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

I had my grad last night... Only got home an hour or two ago.. I'm extremely feckered and very thankful for the wonderful invention that is autocorrect :D:D

Aspiring wrote: »
    Yes you can eat but how would you have time to eat? In English we're all gonna be breaking our balls to get something half decent on the page if you've time to eat there's something wrong. What exam could you possibly have time to eat? Well I graduated today it was a good night, goodnight all.

Oh I'd Find time, I'm just that good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Ive completely burned myself out already, cant keep up with all this. Im fckin exhausted but dont have the time to take much time off of studying :-//

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

O ya we all had packets of starbursts and stuff last year but just have them all opened before the exam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Hmmmm....just memorised a kingship essay.Drastic measures needed to be taken? What macbeth essay are you expecting?

Hmmmm....just memorised a kingship essay.Drastic measures needed to be taken? What macbeth essay are you expecting?

How can you memorise an essay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

memorising an essay is the worst thing you can do! do NOT DO THAT. You will lose marks if they think the essay was learnt off and also it puts way too much stress on you, its way too hard to learn essays. Just learn some key points about certain topics ie macbeths character, kingship etc and learn some quotes. then itll all come to you on the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

bb1234567 wrote: »
    memorising an essay is the worst thing you can do! do NOT DO THAT. You will lose marks if they think the essay was learnt off and also it puts way too much stress on you, its way too hard to learn essays. Just learn some key points about certain topics ie macbeths character, kingship etc and learn some quotes. then itll all come to you on the day :)

Not word for word...general points,and quotes from a sample answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Anyone think the experiment to investigate le chatelier's principle is likely to come up?
    I know the colours of the chemicals but I just can't learn the equations for the life of me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Anyone think the experiment to investigate le chatelier's principle is likely to come up?
    I know the colours of the chemicals but I just can't learn the equations for the life of me :o

Yeah I'd say if equilibrium comes up it'll be on it. Hate those experiments though :L

• Advertisement

Hows the study goin lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say if equilibrium comes up it'll be on it. Hate those experiments though :L

Equilibrium is tipped as a half question this year. Produciton of O2 is predicted for question 3. When it last came up they gave us the equation and colours and just asked how to explain whats happening.

I'm assuming the lack of activity on the thread today is because we're all at the 1 Direction concert wooooo ;)

I'm assuming the lack of activity on the thread today is because we're all at the 1 Direction concert wooooo ;)

Or just hungover.

Wouldn't both feel similar enough? >_>

Wouldn't both feel similar enough? >_>

Nah, being at One Direction would be like having a triple hangover, a urinary tract infection and boils where you sit.

But guys, 1D makes us all feel special in our own way.

Should have thought that one through a bit Randy :pac:

Sorry if anyone looked up the bad thing. :)

But guys, 1D makes us all feel special in our own way.

They make me feel special because I realise when I hear them that my taste in music isn't sh*t. :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, stop encouraging people to look up stuff about Cork, we're trying to pretend that it doesn't exist! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement