Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

I hate accounting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

jazz101 wrote: »
    Pfft.. accounting. Economics is the money melon. Tiny course, overlaps with business AND geography, can learn it all by yourself in two months.. it's a beautiful extra few points.

Does Economics have a project to it? That may be a silly question.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'd love to have done Economics. If I repeat, I might do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Accounting is either loved or loathed.

I'm the only one who likes it in my school, but there's only like 9 in my class! So the sample isn't big enough for accurate results!

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

Accounting is the most beautiful subject know to man, I always study it when I'm too tired or lazy to study anything else to avoid those guilty feelings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

Nope, no project :) It's lovely. It's basically expanded International Environment business - so Business without all the stupid guff like "what would a HR manager do here? What is a characteristic of a manager?". Cold logical stuff that's easy to remember.

I had to go through hell to do it Nimrod. Wasn't offered in my school and they tried to get me to not go through with doing it, but they wouldn't let me do Biology so I had to do it for points. Ended up getting an A1 in the mocks in it.

Accounting is either loved or loathed.

I'm the only one who likes it in my school, but there's only like 9 in my class! So the sample isn't big enough for accurate results!

Do a hypothesis test at the 5% confidence interval after the leaving cert and see if their opinions changed :rolleyes:

Stats is some load of shite.

Actually, how are you guys learning theory for accounting... I dont know where to start with it and it was the main place i lost marks in the pres

I had to go through hell to do it Nimrod. Wasn't offered in my school and they tried to get me to not go through with doing it, but they wouldn't let me do Biology so I had to do it for points. Ended up getting an A1 in the mocks in it.

Fair play :)

I had to do Applied Maths on my own(though they did get a teacher this year who taught us after and before school). They never tried to stop me, I was encourraged to go through with it :eek:

I'm surprised that your school did that.
    Hotale.com wrote: »
    Do a hypothesis test at the 5% confidence interval after the leaving cert and see if their opinions changed :rolleyes:

Stats is some load of shite.

That's an awfully low confidence interval :p

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

Hotale.com wrote: »
    I want to get ~90%+ in the paper so I'll be going mental if it's a though aural.. :( I got 94% in the pres with no study so if I can repeat that again I'll be delighted :p

94? :eek: My aural for the pre dropped me like a grade and more :P I found it really hard to hear the tape!

• Advertisement

Saxo wrote: »
    94? :eek: My aural for the pre dropped me like a grade and more :P I found it really hard to hear the tape!

I should be doing honours really, I'm better than most of my class but I just hate French :rolleyes:

Make sure you tell them tomorrow if you can't hear it! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Thanks god i'm finished with all this on Thursday. I cant hack this any more. I come home knackered and still have to study. If history wasn't in the afternoon tomorrow i don't know what i would do. I'm fit to sleep for a week. Finsished on Thursday after business OL. Biology was a killer today but overall they were fine... Need to finish get my hair cut, shave, top up my betting account on watch this world cup. None of my friends are finished until next week so i cant go out for a few cold ones... would love some cold beer right now...

I've been at this for a week now and I'm only finished 3 subjects :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Lara_15 wrote: »
    Actually, how are you guys learning theory for accounting... I dont know where to start with it and it was the main place i lost marks in the pres

Past exam papers. The most theory is really in published, there's feck all for anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,784 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

haha, I love accounting. Literally the only subject I consider "taking a break from studying". I really hate theory though! The sheer elation when you balance a budget makes it all worth it!

I'm not sure I've ever balanced anything on my own, relying on interpretation of accounts and production budgets to get my marks:o

What are people doing for accounting? Anyone do Q1 or 5? Im not a fan of 1 but do like 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I've been at this for a week now and I'm only finished 3 subjects :o

that would be the end for me!!!

I'm not sure I've ever balanced anything on my own, relying on interpretation of accounts and production budgets to get my marks:o

Yep, i rarely balance things. Usually make 1 or 2 mistakes that mess it up. I love production budgets! The one in the examcraft mock was so nice! Pity I did the deb mock, it was as boring as they come...

What are people doing for accounting? Anyone do Q1 or 5? Im not a fan of 1 but do like 5

Loooove question 1, but not a hope will I do Q5 its horrible...
    Im pretty much doing everything except published and costing cos I neeeed the A1, but the big ones this year are cash flow, club/service, suspense and tabular (for the 100 markers)

Yep, i rarely balance things. Usually make 1 or 2 mistakes that mess it up. I love production budgets! The one in the examcraft mock was so nice! Pity I did the deb mock, it was as boring as they come...

Failed my mock, did another like a month later and passed though. A nice club account would be delightful too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 pixiedustx

Accounting <3
    I probably won't be saying that on Monday morning when I'm sobbing with nerves... :L

Im pretty much doing everything except published and costing cos I neeeed the A1, but the big ones this year are cash flow, club/service, suspense and tabular (for the 100 markers)

Q5 is horrible but it's a guaranteed question. I spent about two hours one day just reading and repeating all the ratios, eventually they get into your head and then it's not that bad.

Same, im not doing published either. Yeah, suspense and cash flow seem very popular this year. Id love to see a 100 mark farm account, but I don't know. My teacher said if its not on this year it'll be up next year...
    Wouldn't mind a service or club either! Not really a fan of tabular statements
    pixiedustx wrote: »
    Accounting <3
    I probably won't be saying that on Monday morning when I'm sobbing with nerves... :L

theory will be the death of me

Q5 is horrible but it's a guaranteed question. I spent about two hours one day just reading and repeating all the ratios, eventually they get into your head and then it's not that bad.

Because accounting is my "dont want to study anything else" subject I have everything else prepared pretty well, just need to go over it this week with a topic or two each day. Steering well clear of q5 because its hard to get high marks in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Everyone in my class including myself said on the form we filled in for levels Higher for history and I want to do OL History tomorrow. Will the examiner person have an OL exam with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Isitthough?

Nope, no project :) It's lovely. It's basically expanded International Environment business - so Business without all the stupid guff like "what would a HR manager do here? What is a characteristic of a manager?". Cold logical stuff that's easy to remember.

did you take that up in September by yourself?

Same, im not doing published either. Yeah, suspense and cash flow seem very popular this year. Id love to see a 100 mark farm account, but I don't know. My teacher said if its not on this year it'll be up next year...
    Wouldn't mind a service or club either! Not really a fan of tabular statements

I would bet a tenner that it will be up next year... tbh I don't want one, I dont really mind what we get, but suspense is almost a definate and a service would be lovely

Because accounting is my "dont want to study anything else" subject I have everything else prepared pretty well, just need to go over it this week with a topic or two each day. Steering well clear of q5 because its hard to get high marks in.

Only question I know quite well actually:o

club/service and tabular aren't the worst. Sole traders are alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Isitthough?

Accountancy should be fine but those suspense are so annoying I just stopped trying to understand them and just learned of the format of all the notes but I'm told even if part a is wrong you get full marks for copying whatever you do from part a to part b so long as part b is right so should be fine :p

• Advertisement

I would bet a tenner that it will be up next year... tbh I don't want one, I dont really mind what we get, but suspense is almost a definate and a service would be lovely

suspense and service would be the perfect combination

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement