Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

peekachoo wrote: »
    Oh dreamcast... dat controller. :P

I reaaaallly want an Oculus! Like really badly. They look amazing :o
    although I think if I got one I'd probably just play Slenderman all day or something :pac:

Slenderman?! Awhhh heyyllll nawhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

Four subjects down, five to go. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Four subjects down, five to go. :(

GO. TO. SLEEP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

HugsiePie wrote: »
    GO. TO. SLEEP.

Ah jaysus, sure there's no better time to study Business

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LmnadZ

All the best for your exams guys whatever you have.You will do well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Every few mins im like hmm i know enough french ill be grand then 2 mins later im like OH GOD NO FAIL FAIL FAIL
    my grade today will largely depend on the paper i think....
    Itll either go quite well or fairly bad
    Either way though ill say it went 'grand' to anyone who asks, like always

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LaughingOwl

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Every few mins im like hmm i know enough french ill be grand then 2 mins later im like OH GOD NO FAIL FAIL FAIL

The comprehensions and listening will be grand (hopefully), but the written ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Saaame. Could go either of two ways. I haven't prepared anything to be honest. I'm thinking maybe I should have :/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I have 2 hours to learn a whole language.

I think I can do it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

One more this week :D

I hope nice french written productions come up :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Is french on today? I thought it was thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I'm so happy I don't do a language :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

Do you not have to? In our school we have to do either french german or spanish.... I wish we didnt, so pointless and stupid

Lara_15 wrote: »
    Do you not have to? In our school we have to do either french german or spanish.... I wish we didnt, so pointless and stupid

I did german last year but I repeated so I dropped it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

I did german last year but I repeated so I dropped it :pac:

I would too... theres so much I would do differently if I repeated, but I just dont think I would be mentally capable of going through the whole LC stress again. Fair play though, did you pick up any subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

With Biology, geography english irish and maths all behind me I feel like Ive already finished the leaving. Can hardly find the motivation to study for german or art history :mad:
    Lara_15 wrote: »
    I would too... theres so much I would do differently if I repeated, but I just dont think I would be mentally capable of going through the whole LC stress again. Fair play though, did you pick up any subjects

I was thinking about repeating just two weeks ago, but I never could have imagined how stressful this past week and a half has been I honestly dont know if I could psychologically take this stress ever again

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

*ahem* Irish? :p

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    *ahem* Irish? :p

:rolleyes:
    Shut up you know what I meant :P

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

Skyrim overrated? Blasphemy!
    anyways french was.. unexpected

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

:rolleyes:
    Shut up you know what I meant :P

Im so happy I don't even need irish, I probably failed it but meh, was worth it because I got to do extra bio study for the PAPER FROM HELL

• Advertisement

Badwulf wrote: »
    Im so happy I don't even need irish, I probably failed it but meh, was worth it because I got to do extra bio study for the PAPER FROM HELL

Bio was disgusting wasn't it? the polled cattle question threw me off :p

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Saxo wrote: »
    Bio was disgusting wasn't it? the polled cattle question threw me off :p

Also didn't help that the diagram was of the foot/elbow/arm/leg was impossible to read, there was two parts on the paper that were not even on the course at all, no photosynthesis, no respiration, spelling mistakes and no human reproduction. The SEC really messed up big time with this, I'd say the marking scheme will be so nice this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

That french paper (mainly the q1/opinions/diary) was soo lovely especially compared to other years!!!

Still, not sure how i did, hopefully a C anyway

So far, ALL my papers have been nice, hope this continues!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

WHY is the French listening on after the written and not before?

WHY is the listening 40 minutes long with astronomically long pauses in between, as compared to Irish where they race through?

WHY is the ordinary level paper the same length as the higher???

Must have spent at least 2 hours this morning bored out of my face in the exam centre when I could've been studying business, and now I'm still not studying business :p nice paper tho ngl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

WHY is the listening 40 minutes long with astronomically long pauses in between, as compared to Irish where they race through?

Must have spent at least 2 hours this morning bored out of my face in the exam centre when I could've been studying business, and now I'm still not studying business :p nice paper tho ngl

Can you not leave the exam centre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Hotale.com wrote: »
    People in my school did. I could hear the big football game going on outside while I was finishing my exam!

It still makes no sense that the listening is after. Can anyone think of a logical reason why this is the case? I tried to think of one but have failed. Best I could think of is most people are finished with time to spare so they'll have a break?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

Hotale.com wrote: »

Hadn't crossed my mind to bring any study material with me and I live too far away to go home and get some, there was literally nothing better for me to do but sit there and read my paper over and over :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

It's on after the exam so the JC's can use the CD players in the school for their listening which is before the exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Aspiring wrote: »
    It's on after the exam so the JC's can use the CD players in the school for their listening which is before the exam.

Haha is that actually the reason? They need to do this because CD players are so rare and expensive. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Badwulf wrote: »
    Also didn't help that the diagram was of the foot/elbow/arm/leg was impossible to read, there was two parts on the paper that were not even on the course at all, no photosynthesis, no respiration, spelling mistakes and no human reproduction. The SEC really messed up big time with this, I'd say the marking scheme will be so nice this year.

It looked like an ankle to me so I said ball and socket :p I was glad there was no photosynthesis or respiration! I didn't know them at all :O question 15 was amazing :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement