Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'm extremely paranoid that I didn't close my geography booklet properly! Will the examiner have checked them?

You need to relax :p
    So who's up for Wednesday night IRC later? :D

Noooooo

You said Thursday :( So many paintings and Georgian buildings to be studied tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JD244

Aspiring wrote: »
    Haha well I'm sure you'll do well then, sounds like an effective system :pac: yeah 1,2 and 3 are lovely. As long as they don't throw in a report or letter or something like that :rolleyes:

That's what we've been told to look over, report is almost guaranteed apparently, she knows a few people who send in ABQ suggestions and a good few put reports in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Did you change the language to Spanish to help you in the exam? :pac:

Desperate times call for desperate measures :pac: I've learned that the verb for 'to tweet' is just 'twitter' :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

JD244 wrote: »
    That's what we've been told to look over, report is almost guaranteed apparently, she knows a few people who send in ABQ suggestions and a good few put reports in.

Ahhhh right well sure look there'll be loads of marks for the layout and there probably won't be much to put in it so should be grand. Loads of people will probably blank and have no clue what to do if it comes up tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

business tomorrow then finished !!!!!
    Buzzing hair cut shave world cup beer

• Advertisement

business tomorrow then finished !!!!!
    Buzzing hair cut shave world cup beer

How many lads don't actually shave during the LC most guys myself included in my year, haven't shaved a week or that before it started?

Beer is going to play such a big factor this summer, need to drown the depression of failing pass maths.... with a depressant!!! Yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

I wish I could drive, get my license is the first thing I'm going to after the leaving cert. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

How many lads don't actually shave during the LC most guys myself included in my year, haven't shaved a week or that before it started?

Beer is going to play such a big factor this summer, need to drown the depression of failing pass maths.... with a depressant!!! Yeah!

Shaved just before it started. I Dont grow to much but its annoying. I need a bit of a tidy up i feel rotton.
    I need beer so much just want to get out of it and with some girls :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

aleatorio wrote: »
    Desperate times call for desperate measures :pac: I've learned that the verb for 'to tweet' is just 'twitter' :o

It's actually not a half bad idea :p

I watched half a Simpsons episode in French before my 1st year tests, got a mighty C. :cool: :pac:

Ahhhh right well sure look there'll be loads of marks for the layout and there probably won't be much to put in it so should be grand. Loads of people will probably blank and have no clue what to do if it comes up tho.

Marks go most for the layout but our evil teacher is a corrector for the exams, would hate if she were correcting my exam :o and she says you'll get penalised for mixing up the position like if you do: title, to, from, re, date. Instead of title, to, from, date, re. She'll dock you marks.... :o

• Advertisement

Marks go most for the layout but our evil teacher is a corrector for the exams, would hate if she were correcting my exam :o and she says you'll get penalised for mixing up the position like if you do: title, to, from, re, date. Instead of title, to, from, date, re. She'll dock you marks.... :o

Ehhhh is that not memo do you not need terms of reference, recommendations and all that jazz for a report? :)

Ehhhh is that not memo do you not need terms of reference, recommendations and all that jazz for a report? :)

Hmm it's terms of reference, I keep saying RE :( you need intro, body, conclusions/recommendations, and signature. I'm just lazzzy..... history has me killed :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Most lads in my year, myself included, haven't shaved in 2 weeks. Can't even think about that now :p Maybe after Physics when I have time..

Hmm it's terms of reference, I keep saying RE :( you need intro, body, conclusions/recommendations, and signature. I'm just lazzzy..... history has me killed :p

There's a lot of ambiguity over the layout of report, my book (fairly shíte) has a completely different layout to the marking schemes :confused:

Nim, time after physics?? Applied maths study no?? ;)

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Most lads in my year, myself included, haven't shaved in 2 weeks. Can't even think about that now :p Maybe after Physics when I have time..

We look like a pile of mountain men :o showing solidarity to the one lad in the school who has a beard. It's a sign of our struggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Is anyone else's summer going to mainly consist of working or is that just me? :( I've two jobs and 80% of my summer will be spent working 9-7/8 every day :( I know, money, but still like :o
    Also NEED to get my licence and buy a car hopefully :D

aleatorio wrote: »
    Is anyone else's summer going to mainly consist of working or is that just me? :( I've two jobs and 80% of my summer will be spent working 9-7/8 every day :( I know, money, but still like :o
    Also NEED to get my licence and buy a car hopefully :D

My summer will start off with a week of sleep and drink :) then start work the week after, 5 days a week 8-3 2 days and 3-10 the other 3 days, if it's anything like last summer. The on the weekend drink again probably.

Also I've to get the license and use one of the auld lads car or my brothers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

My summer will not start for another week and a half :(

It'll be comprised of hay, barley, winter wheat, spring barely, and ploughing. Oh and second cut silage, slurry and numerous days chasing cattle around the field! Not one euro will be paid however :(
    And of course large amounts of alcoholic beverages and the odd Sunday over at the touring cars in mondello!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Hello friends,
    With my exams finishing tomorrow, There is a very good chance you will never hear from me again.
    However,if we somehow cross paths in a in a dreaded plc course in the arse hole of nowhere,I'll make sure to establish my presence with a paedophile joke.
    As of now,best of luck...but randy...I hope someone ****s in your mouth and you choke.
    Good bye all x

Hello friends,
    With my exams finishing tomorrow, There is a very good chance you will never hear from me again.
    However,if we somehow cross paths in a in a dreaded plc course in the arse hole of nowhere,I'll make sure to establish my presence with a paedophile joke.
    As of now,best of luck...but randy...I hope someone ****s in your mouth and you choke.
    Good bye all x

I thought you got banned...? :pac:

• Advertisement

I thought you got banned...? :pac:

Don't question my child...enjoy the moment... Good bye x

Don't question my child...enjoy the moment... Good bye x

Good bye x :*<3

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

****ed up my leaving and does nooot feel good

wallace2 wrote: »
    ****ed up my leaving and does nooot feel good

Everything so far went well for me but I'm certain I failed OL maths, was going doing business but now that ain't gonna happen. Probably take the year out and work collecting money I've Arts down No. 2 but I haven't a clue what I'm going doing. Might go working in Germany after Christmas improve the auld German might do some good.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

Gonna get my license and see are any contractors lookin for a driver, in bad need of some money :p

Saxo wrote: »
    Gonna get my license and see are any contractors lookin for a driver, in bad need of some money :p

I'm gonna get my licence so I can take advantage of fat girls in the back seat.

I'm gonna get my licence so I can take advantage of fat girls in the back seat.

You and the rest of us....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Ok, everyone join IRC... now :pac:

Ok, everyone join IRC... now :pac:

Link? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Link? :p

It's quite literally in my signature :p

the LC2014 IRC channel