Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    welcome back, do share what you thought of the exams :pac:

English- P1 was a dream, my speech was inspirational despite having some Fascist undertones... P2 :(
    Maths- 2 really do-able papers. I don't know what they are doing with the Maths course but it's becoming a joke not just in Ireland but internationally.
    Biology- SQ's were a bit weird, why was food Q2....? Experiment Q's were ridiculously easy. No photosynthesis,respiration or human reproduction was a shock :eek:
    Geography- Easy in some places, weirdly specific in others. Not happy with my Geoecology, ran out of time #A1 down the drain :mad:
    Business- Dream paper, worried it will be marked hard though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

thelad95 wrote: »
    English- P1 was a dream, my speech was inspirational despite having some Fascist undertones... P2 :(
    Maths- 2 really do-able papers. I don't know what they are doing with the Maths course but it's becoming a joke not just in Ireland but internationally.
    Biology- SQ's were a bit weird, why was food Q2....? Experiment Q's were ridiculously easy. No photosynthesis,respiration or human reproduction was a shock :eek:
    Geography- Easy in some places, weirdly specific in others. Not happy with my Geoecology, ran out of time #A1 down the drain :mad:
    Business- Dream paper, worried it will be marked hard though

Paper 2 in English killed my chances of an A and even possibly a B. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Paper 2 in English killed my chances of an A and even possibly a B.

Same here, it was all my own fault though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

Anyone watch Supernatural? :pac:

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Same here, it was all my own fault though :p

Yeah same here, I studied for it for the mocks and got an A2 but then I was like sure I won't bother studying until the night before cause I'm good at it, be grand.

It wasn't grand :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

How did it kill yous guys chances :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Next exam is chemistry then economics the following day. I'm going to chill for the rest of the day. My back and my hand need to recover from business today :o

Yeah same here, I studied for it for the mocks and got an A2 but then I was like sure I won't bother studying until the night before cause I'm good at it, be grand.

It wasn't grand :pac:

My Dickinson answer was shít and my Macbeth wasn't much better. Don't even talk to me about the comparative... I'd say I might have scraped a B3 in paper 2 but I was hoping for an A.

Paper 1 was beautiful though :)

My Dickinson answer was shít and my Macbeth wasn't much better. Don't even talk to me about the comparative... I'd say I might have scraped a B3 in paper 2 but I was hoping for an A.

Maybe if you had stayed off Boards.ie for a little while, you might have been better prepared... :pac::p;):cool:

thelad95 wrote: »
    Maybe if you had stayed off Boards.ie for a little while, you might have been better prepared... :pac::p;):cool:

If there was one subject I did enough study for it was English :p :cool: Now chemistry is a completely different story... :(

Welcome back btw :)

• Advertisement

I spent the first hour thinking "I know nothing", then I realised I knew stuff and did a fairly good Macbeth question, Plath question was so bad, I don't think I mentioned 3 poems :pac: Yeah.. comparative..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,784 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Thought English P2 was lovely, made a mess of the composition for P1 and really feel like P2 could have gotten me back to an A

Thought English P2 was lovely, made a mess of the composition for P1 and really feel like P2 could have gotten me back to an A

Would've been lovely if I had prepared enough for it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I'm terrified about geography. I rushed the human section. Like less than a page for B and then less than a page for C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Would've been lovely if I had prepared enough for it :P

I was prepared for everything that came up, and then bucked under the time pressure and panicked and gave up :o

I'm terrified about geography. I rushed the human section. Like less than a page for B and then less than a page for C

They'll cancel your exam for that.

Be grand. :)

It actually worries me that the exams I thought were fine, everyone else hated. Starting to feel like I actually just did everything wrong:p

It's almost done :D

It actually worries me that the exams I thought were fine, everyone else hated. Starting to feel like I actually just did everything wrong:p

What exams did everyone hate? The only exam I heard people say they hated was history.. :p

• Advertisement

What exams did everyone hate? The only exam I heard people say they hated was history.. :p

Not many seem to be fans of Geography either

Not many seem to be fans of Geography either

Ah that was lovely :P think I might have misread two questions though :(

Ah that was lovely :P think I might have misread two questions though :(

Yeah I liked it, didn't have to draw any regions for once:pac:

May be nothing, but is it acceptable in the English exam to write Dickinson's quotes without using dashes or would that lose me marks?

And what about if I just added my own in random spots?:pac:

s28.postimg.org/57gcyl4q5/image.jpg

:pac:

May be nothing, but is it acceptable in the English exam to write Dickinson's quotes without using dashes or would that lose me marks?

And what about if I just added my own in random spots?:pac:

I only used sentence fragments to avoid that problem :pac:

You'll be fine I'd say...

s28.postimg.org/57gcyl4q5/image.jpg

:pac:

I'm disappointed in myself for that making me laugh. :pac:

I'm disappointed in myself for that making me laugh. :pac:

Me too :pac: :cool:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Sickener for anyone in til the 20th with this weather and the world cup :P

(PS Sorry for the OT post in the accounting thread)

I'm just laughing at the drawings, no idea what that means:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jellytots95

I planned on studying all day, I've only just woke up :pac: :cool:

I planned to get so much done today too but im having a bit of a melt down, i cant concentrate and im not getting anything done which is stressing me out :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement