Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Hotale.com wrote: »
    YES! Thank you soooooo much!! :D You've explained the chain rule better in one post than my teacher did in like the week we spent on it :pac:

Hahaha woohoo :pac:
    If you've any more questions I may be of help so :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

aleatorio wrote: »
    Hahaha woohoo :pac:
    If you've any more questions I may be of help so :P

I'm sure I'll have some other ones before next Friday :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭RedSeven7

I'm sure I'll have some other ones before next Friday :pac:

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

RedSeven7 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Friday WEEK!!! Shít :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Cork people, causing panic and consternation for centuries .... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Cork people, causing panic and consternation for centuries .... :rolleyes:

I'll have to watch myself more with you around :P

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

3raser10 wrote: »
    according to my teacher you should just know the loan plus int. & investments working in farm accounts since it can easily come up in a club or service (a bit different than the usual)

thats what ill do so, just enough to make a reasonable attempt in case it does come up (fingers crossed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Has anyone got a list of things that you MUST know off by heart for HL maths? Things like certain formulae, derivations etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Has anyone got a list of things that you MUST know off by heart for HL maths? Things like certain formulae, derivations etc

Look up the syllabus, it has a list of them. You need to know nothing for paper 1 and a shÍt-load for paper 2.

I don't think I'll even bother with trigonometric proofs, they're so mank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

thelad95 wrote: »
    Look up the syllabus, it has a list of them. You need to know nothing for paper 1 and a shÍt-load for paper 2.

Oh, blessed for paper 1 then. Have that and Geography on the same day :( any link for the syllabus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Love me some learnt off maths stuffs..

Not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Paper 1 know the average value of a function from integration chapter, no formula in tables!!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

I've hit a brick wall. The sooner it finishes the better. I'll take on the responsibilities of college in August.

I've hit a brick wall. The sooner it finishes the better. I'll take on the responsibilities of college in August.

Same. I've done no proper study in ages and I just feel EXHAUSTED with the whole thing:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Can anyone tell me for bio experiments, what do you use to test for alcohol? Is it sodium dichromate or potassium dichromate and sulfuric acid? My notes from teacher differ to the ones in the book..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me for bio experiments, what do you use to test for alcohol? Is it sodium dichromate or potassium dichromate and sulfuric acid? My notes from teacher differ to the ones in the book..

I do Chem, what matters is the dichromate ion, in an acidified (sulfuric acid) solution they should both oxidise ethanol to ethanal, turning orange (Cr+6) to green (Cr+3).

Saying add acidified sodium (or potassium) dichromate , heat gently, and stating the colour change is plenty to get your marks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

We say add potassium iodide and sodium hypochlorite (will turn brown/orange), heat gently and yellow crystals form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

The fact that I do chemistry and haven't the slightest notion of what you guys are talking about with only a few weeks left unnerves me slightly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

FRENCH READING COMPS CAN SUCK MY ... Lollipop.

I have no idea what theyre talking about and not the slightest notion as to what the questions mean/are asking

Ironically, it was the reading comps slone that got me through the mock but since then i havent a clue

Neeeeeeed to do well in them as theyre 30% i think and im shiote enough at french

Fml

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I find the first reading comprehensions easy enough, the articles. The second ones (I think they're extracts from books) are horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Yeah the comps are usually nice enough. I got like 80% in them in the mocks and like 40% in the written section so.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Dichromate is not a safe chemical for students to come in contact with now I think. Shouldnt be asked. From next year they cant do dichromate experiments

Days 298 wrote: »
    Dichromate is not a safe chemical for students to come in contact with now I think. Shouldnt be asked. From next year they cant do dichromate experiments

That's right, that's why the hypochlorite one is also an option but for the moment I think both are accepted as correct

I had to use the 2012 edco maths papers (HL) so I only have the sample papers A B C D E for paper 2.
    Is there anywhere I can get the questions to the paper 1 of the sample papers?

I had to use the 2012 edco maths papers (HL) so I only have the sample papers A B C D E for paper 2.
    Is there anywhere I can get the questions to the paper 1 of the sample papers?

"Someone" could take a picture and PM them to you but that would be illegal :rolleyes:

"Someone" could take a picture and PM them to you but that would be illegal :rolleyes:

Yeh I'll just get the papers off a friend. :)
    Thought they might have been online :/
    Thanks

Yeh I'll just get the papers off a friend. :)
    Thought they might have been online :/
    Thanks

That's still illegal.

The sad thing is that it probably is :pac:

Anyway, I doubt they're online, EDCO would prefer people to buy their papers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

All last week I learned all of Unit 1 and Unit 2 off by heart to a T in biology, considering the fact I only started studying around a week or two a go I plan on doing about 9 hours a day this week coming and hope to bring home a big 'ol bag of C's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement