Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Hotale.com wrote: »
    That's still illegal.

The sad thing is that it probably is :pac:

Anyway, I doubt they're online, EDCO would prefer people to buy their papers...

Not my fault they're sold out everywhere.
    Also some schools give them to students for free with solutions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Also some schools give them to students for free with solutions.

Really? :confused:

We can't even get stuff photocopied in school. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

"Sure youll be grand you study loads"

WHERE IS EVERYONE GETTING THIS FROM?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

LoveLamps wrote: »

''sure youll be grand you did well in the mocks'' :confused:

I am actually freaked that exams are so close now :eek:

Everyone says the same about me! :pac: it's actually such a pain! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Anybody else here need really high points for their course? Im sick of listening to people telling me that Ill be fine, and that anything over 500 is great and I should be greatful for what I get, but thats such bull****!! Ill be happy if I get my first choice, and I dont care if, say, 470 is brilliant to them, if I got that Id be heartbroken because its 100 points less than what I need!
    Does anybody else have to deal with this sort of ignorance? Its doing my head in being told 'ah sure you'll do brilliant anyway, stop giving out that you didn't get an A in such and such subject' ><

French peepz,
    Would i survive knowing only;
    -Diary entry (not being allowed go somewhere/party/holiday/birthday)
    -fashion
    -role of men & women/equality
    -immigration & racism
    -smoking
    -sport
    -alcohol
    -jobs & the economy???

I suppose if i talk about alcohol/smoking/sport i could do one on health too

aleatorio wrote: »
    Anybody else here need really high points for their course? Im sick of listening to people telling me that Ill be fine, and that anything over 500 is great and I should be greatful for what I get, but thats such bull****!! Ill be happy if I get my first choice, and I dont care if, say, 470 is brilliant to them, if I got that Id be heartbroken because its 100 points less than what I need!
    Does anybody else have to deal with this sort of ignorance? Its doing my head in being told 'ah sure you'll do brilliant anyway, stop giving out that you didn't get an A in such and such subject' ><

Some people seem to think it helps you feel better... Which it really doesn't :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Ah shur, you'll be grand :)

I jest. I know what you mean..except the 570 bit.
    French peepz,
    -fashion
    -immigration & racism
    -smoking
    -alcohol
    -jobs & the economy???

Define 'survive'.

Some people seem to think it helps you feel better... Which it really doesn't :P

God no, it makes my blood boil :pac:

• Advertisement

God no, it makes my blood boil :pac:

My mam keeps telling me to not get stressed about it, which makes me more stressed about it :pac:

Nimrod 7 wrote: »

Define 'survive'.

Be able to answer q1, the diary and an opinion piece.
    Or q1 and two opinion pieces depending

Define 'survive'.

Hahaha what points you need? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

French peepz,
    -fashion
    -immigration & racism
    -smoking
    -sport
    -alcohol
    -jobs & the economy???

I suppose if i talk about alcohol/smoking/sport i could do one on health too

That's what I have plus importance of money and bullying/cyber bullying. I am also thinking something on importance/influence of technology would be handy to know:p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Hahaha what points you need? :P

For first choice, around 510. TCD Science.

But I've done fuck all all year so I might have to settle for DCU Science which is around 460. Or maybe Theoretical Physics in Trinity for 490..but I'm not sure about that.

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    That's what I have plus importance of money and bullying/cyber bullying. I am also thinking something on importance/influence of technology would be handy to know:p

I think ill stick with these so, i barely know these as it is haha
    I knew nothing for the mocks and got a d1 so we'll see how it gos but i thought my mock was veeeeerryyy easy compared to exam papers

For first choice, around 510. TCD Science.

But I've done fuck all all year so I might have to settle for DCU Science which is around 460. Or maybe Theoretical Physics in Trinity for 490..but I'm not sure about that.

Ive that as my 5th choice :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Aleatario, I'm in the same boat. My course was 575 last year (Law and Business in TCD) to be guaranteed a place, some got in with 570 too though, but not all. Failing that I could still do it in UCD which is 510 or something but that's a joint honours whereas I'd prefer a law major really.

I also screwed up in applying for UCD accommodation by not realising how quick you'd have to be so I'm hoping I'll get my first choice as I'd still have the possibility of getting student accommodation.

I don't really feel worried about points, perhaps because others give me a false sense of security saying "sure no bother to ya!" but sometimes the gravity of deciding where I'll probably spend the next four years worries me loads!

You're not alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I need 500 or so but want 540 as my second choice was 530 last year and could go up, and I may change my CAO so I just wanna be safe :)

robman60 wrote: »
    Aleatario, I'm in the same boat. My course was 575 last year (Law and Business in TCD) to be guaranteed a place, some got in with 570 too though, but not all. Failing that I could still do it in UCD which is 510 or something but that's a joint honours whereas I'd prefer a law major really.

I also screwed up in applying for UCD accommodation by not realising how quick you'd have to be so I'm hoping I'll get my first choice as I'd still have the possibility of getting student accommodation.

I don't really feel worried about points, perhaps because others give me a false sense of security saying "sure no bother to ya!" but sometimes the gravity of deciding where I'll probably spend the next four years worries me loads!

You're not alone!

My course was 560 last year (Biomed in UCD), but demand for it has gone up a lot this year so Im expecting it to be 570 minimum :(
    My second choice (Human Health in TCD) is 530 and rising, but I don't really want to go to TCD, I prefer the UCD course and have had my heart set on it for so long :o

From being around for a few years, it seems the people who post regularly on boards represent the small section of the country that get crazy high points and get their 1st choice so hopefully we'll all continue that trend this year ;) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Im so bloody greatful that my course is only like 200-300 points :O still think I'm boned tho cos i've started study so damn late

My course was 560 last year (Biomed in UCD), but demand for it has gone up a lot this year so Im expecting it to be 570 minimum :(
    My second choice (Human Health in TCD) is 530 and rising, but I don't really want to go to TCD, I prefer the UCD course and have had my heart set on it for so long :o

From being around for a few years, it seems the people who post regularly on boards represent the small section of the country that get crazy high points and get their 1st choice so hopefully we'll all continue that trend this year ;) :pac:

I guess im the exception to the rule then.. Id be amazed with about 420

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Poor you....best of luck though,you'll do brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Just so you all know, only about 9% of students get 500+ points in the leaving cert. Only 0.1% get 600-625. So just to put things into perspective :) Average score across the country is 330. About 30% of students get between 400-500.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Just so you all know, only about 9% of students get 500+ points in the leaving cert. Only 0.1% get over 590. So just to put things into perspective :) Average score across the country is 330. About 30% of students get between 400-500.

Shut up shut up shut up!!

Shut up shut up shut up!!

lol i thought i was being helpful

Being in the insitiute sometimes it feels like 500 points is the average, but i was shocked when i heard only 9% get over 500. So more than 500 is really a huge achievement

lol i thought i was being helpful

Being in the insitiute sometimes it feels like 500 points is the average, but i was shocked when i heard only 9% get over 500. So more than 500 is really a huge achievement

9% is still a lot though!

Aspiring wrote: »
    9% is still a lot though!

9% also get below 100 points :)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

When in the name of Thor's testicles do we get a confirmation letter to tell us if we have the HEAR or not?

• Advertisement

9% also get below 100 points :)

Wow, puts it into perspective moreso!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement