Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Aspiring wrote: »
    Anybody who's doing applied maths, when you're doing projections or whatever they're called, do you write r (position) in the i and j plane at the start of the question. As in (ucosA*t)i + (usinA*t-0.5gt^2)j if it was a projection from horizontal plane.

I saw it on the old marking schemes so picked it up as a habit but I've just realised we never did it over the two years, and I'm not sure if it's on the newer marking schemes. I'd ask on the applied maths thread but there's more activity here ;)

Nah, I keep the old i and j (although I use x and y tbh for Projectiles) separate.

Also all these Applied Maths questions are getting boring :( I wish the newer papers were as easy as the old ones, there were full questions in the 80s you'd get done in 10 minutes :(
    MacBizzle wrote: »
    On my own with the locals :rolleyes:

All the more reason to come to Cork :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

One more exam :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

All the more reason to come to Cork :pac:

I will sometime :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

I'm so fed up of this leaving cert....

47 hours until im finished....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

I'm so fed up of this leaving cert....

47 hours until im finished....

42 hours 14 minutes for me :P

• Advertisement

Is there a town in the Netherlands for scumbags to live in?
    Hootanany wrote: »
    Wish we could that here.
    We do, it's why they made Ballymun.

Randy, Peeks, Nim; I'm so not impressed with HotMale now.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,775 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Finally done, dcg was lovely:D

Think I'm in the same boat as the rest, nothing to do:P

It's not even that much of a lie! All the tower blocks were made in the 60s because the council or whoever it was just decided there were too many derelict buildings and a fúck ton of crime in the inner city so they fúcked them out and sent them to Ballymun! :p

It's not even that much of a lie! All the tower blocks were made in the 60s because the council or whoever it was just decided there were too many derelict buildings and a fúck ton of crime in the inner city so they fúcked them out and sent them to Ballymun! :p

And now 50 years later, I'm here :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I hope you don't do History.:)

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    I hope you don't do History.:)

It's from my geography book. Which I'll admit is a pile of shit. :p

And now 50 years later, I'm here :P

<3

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

What are you meant to do when the exams are over? :confused: I've walked the dog, watched the telly, read a bit, played some FIFA, texted some friends, go on here (obviously :rolleyes:) and drank about 3 cups of tea, and I'm bored at twenty to four. What on earth am I meant to do for 3 months!? :eek:

What do you mean? Eat, read, watch TV and sleep. That's the life!
    Anybody who's doing applied maths, when you're doing projections or whatever they're called, do you write r (position) in the i and j plane at the start of the question. As in (ucosA*t)i + (usinA*t-0.5gt^2)j if it was a projection from horizontal plane.

I saw it on the old marking schemes so picked it up as a habit but I've just realised we never did it over the two years, and I'm not sure if it's on the newer marking schemes. I'd ask on the applied maths thread but there's more activity here ;)

Nah. And I use xy for projectiles.

I just saw it now. I'm not impressed either, MacBitch.

I was in Ballymun as you wrote that, ODH. Lovely little place :p

I may have only gone to the library.

Most people would disagree with that..

Besides, the flats are gone(except one, I think?) and the times have changed.

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Most people would disagree with that..

Besides, the flats are gone(except one, I think?) and the times have changed.

It was all sarcastic Nimmy, besides my geography book's apparent inaccuracies :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Aaah macbitch is on the blacklist now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Sucette! wrote: »
    I also have found myself with nothing to do... :L its 4.20 on the first day if Summer and I''ve run out of things to do, i''ll have get into town and buy myself more books! It's gonna be a long 3 months xD

There's only one thing to do if you're bored at 4.20....

I was in Ballymun as you wrote that, ODH. Lovely little place :p

I may have only gone to the library.

That library got me through the LC <3
    It was all sarcastic Nimmy, besides my geography book's apparent inaccuracies :rolleyes:

I think we had the same Geography book... Is that the one that says Ballymun has 140 "Irish speaking houses" because we're establishing our own Gaeltacht? :pac: :pac:

I think we had the same Geography book... Is that the one that says Ballymun has 140 "Irish speaking houses" because we're establishing our own Gaeltacht? :pac: :pac:

I think it might have been, we just got a load of sheets off our teacher for that section so I don't know the name :p

Ballymun has a Gaeltacht? :pac:

Apparently so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Yeah actually it does there was a whole prepared aiste on it in our Irish book :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

That library got me through the LC <3

I like that library but it's too far away for me.

I was looking for a book in the Finglas one, they told me Ballymun had it so I trekked across the whole length of Glasnevin Avenue in the sun, fianlly got there and..someone checked it out this morning :(

So I got 1984 again, just to piss off hotmale :D

So I got 1984 again, just to piss off hotmale :D

I hate it so so so much.

Yeah actually it does there was a whole prepared aiste on it in our Irish book :o

Sorry, that's where I read it! My Irish book said it has a Gaeltacht.... Sorry to disappoint but...............................................

We don't :P

Sorry, that's where I read it! My Irish book said it has a Gaeltacht.... Sorry to disappoint but...............................................

Bunch of Gaeltacht frauds the lot of ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Ag science shall be a disaster....

Marking schemes will get you no matter what.

Why do people think this is an easy subject?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bunch of Gaeltacht frauds the lot of ye.

I think the writers of the books think Gaelscoil = nest of Gaeilgeoirs = Gaeltacht

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

And here was me about to move to ballymun to become a gaelgoir.

Said nobody ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Ag science shall be a disaster....

Marking schemes will get you no matter what.

Why do people think this is an easy subject?

Ah, "easy" subjects aren't easy to get an A1 in, they're relatively easy to get a C3 in.

I'd probably find it harder to get an A in Geography than Physics with the sane work like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

My maths is fairly shocking so excuse my ignorance.

I am trying to work out how many marks I need to pass Ag Science. The project is worth 25% which equates to 100 marks and the written paper is 75% which equates to 300 marks. I want to play it safe so presuming I got 10% out of 25% in my project (hopefully i got a lot more than this in the project) how many marks would I need to get in the written paper to pass overall?

• Advertisement

My maths is fairly shocking so excuse my ignorance.

I am trying to work out how many marks I need to pass Ag Science. The project is worth 25% which equates to 100 marks and the written paper is 75% which equates to 300 marks. I want to play it safe so presuming I got 10% out of 25% in my project (hopefully i got a lot more than this in the project) how many marks would I need to get in the written paper to pass overall?

120 marks :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement