Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Tbh the only computer name I remember is the HP Optiplex 400, because a primary school friend named their Runescape character after it.

Runescape <3

Those were the days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

My uncle found his iPad, ps3 and MacBook on donedeal. Its grand for farming stuff though!

As in they were stolen and he saw them?? if they were any smart they wouldn't put that sorta thing on donedeal.
    Fathers friend was goin up to buy a car with 5 grand cash but something didn't look right about the ad so he got his friend who's a guard to check the reg, apparently it was been used in robbery's and the like and they probably would of taken his money and beaten him up :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I dunno if yous have them where you live but those markets/car boot sales on a Saturday morning are rife with stolen stuff. If you ever have something stolen chances are you might find it if you head up to the market the weekends after.

Aspiring wrote: »
    I dunno if yous have them where you live but those markets/car boot sales on a Saturday morning are rife with stolen stuff. If you ever have something stolen chances are you might find it if you head up to the market the weekends after.

Used to always go to the car boot sale in Kilkenny. bought a few couches there too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

IRC anyone?

• Advertisement

Lara_15 wrote: »
    IRC anyone?

link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Saxo wrote: »
    As in they were stolen and he saw them?? if they were any smart they wouldn't put that sorta thing on donedeal.
    Fathers friend was goin up to buy a car with 5 grand cash but something didn't look right about the ad so he got his friend who's a guard to check the reg, apparently it was been used in robbery's and the like and they probably would of taken his money and beaten him up :eek:

They were stolen. Anyone who is thick enough to rob stuff from people would be thick enough to put it on donedeal. Phones, laptops and game consoles ate always being put on it. No one cares as long as they are getting a cheap price. This is the attitude that allows people to get away with it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

SUAREZ IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Thank **** Suarez scored England can go home now! :pac:
    They were stolen. Anyone who is thick enough to rob stuff from people would be thick enough to put it on donedeal. Phones, laptops and game consoles ate always being put on it. No one cares as long as they are getting a cheap price. This is the attitude that allows people to get away with it...

If I'm honest I'd buy it if it was cheap too, I think we all would if we didn't have to think about whether it was stolen or not..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Randy you best be avoiding this thread while me and Dan are posting around the same time ;)
    Lol, you may have a point! :pac:
    MacBizzle wrote: »
    You named yourself randylonghorn ffs :pac:
    Actually, a then gf of mine named me that in the middle of a tongue-in-cheek and admittedly slightly drunken rant at about 2 a.m. on a Saturday night / Sunday morning.

After the group present at the time picked themselves up off the floor and stopped laughing, it kinda stuck! :pac:
    My penis is 2 inches from the ground :)
    When you're lying on your stomach? ;)
    Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    :mad:

Touché :P
    Shouldn't you be studying? :P
    A good deal on a mac? Impossible.
    Macs are awesome. They're overpriced these days though, which is why they get so much hate.
    I'd usually be the first one to say that (ask randy) but I can understand why sound producers would want one. There are some Mac only software for that.
    Macs are especially awesome if you're dealing with something like sound production, photography, video editing, graphics, etc. etc. In fact, most professionals in those fields wouldn't touch anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Macs are especially awesome if you're dealing with something like sound production, photography, video editing, graphics, etc. etc. In fact, most professionals in those fields wouldn't touch anything else.

Kind of like Betamax. :P

When you're lying on your stomach? ;)

When I'm lying on my stomach it hits me below the chin! :pac:
    They're very dear but the possibilities are endless with them and they produce to a way higher quality! I think I may have to get a job this summer :p

They're very dear but the possibilities are endless with them and they produce to a way higher quality! I think I may have to get a job this summer :p

Apple and produced to a high quality don't fit in the same sentence :rolleyes:

Shouldn't you be studying? :P

Very funny :P

You must have a really long chin so.

Very funny :P

You must have a really long chin so.
    Apple and produced to a high quality don't fit in the same sentence :rolleyes:

I mean in terms of sound, picture, etc :p
    my chin is of no ones concern :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

spurious wrote: »
    Kind of like Betamax. :P
    Eh? Macs aren't museum exhibits! :pac:

(Unless you mean Betacam, which is a kind of a grandchild / variant, and I think is still used a lot in tv. I'm not sure why tbh, don't know enough about that side of things).

I have to say, while I think Macs are vastly over-priced these days and I wouldn't recommend them to students or indeed to anyone who doesn't have a real need for them and / or a good bank balance, the difference between Windows-based and Macs for the stuff I mentioned above at an advanced / pro level is pretty much the difference between a Ferrari and a Fiesta.

For ordinary, day-to-day stuff that most of us want a laptop for, there isn't anything like the same differential any more, and for most people they're just not worth the added money ... unless, as someone said, for the snob value.

(I'm using Windoze every day for years though, and it still fecking annoys me in comparison! :o)

There's a few of us in IRC if anyone wants to join:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

I knew someone called Daniel, my mother used to call him Danalicious.

Daniel had a twin brother called Robert, my mother called him Bobnutritious.

Yeah none of mine are that odd :pac:

Not going telling ye the half of them, but a month or two ago, a group of young wans from the wesht christened me "whiskey dan" :cool:
    haha, it was a question in the ag science exam, which was today! :P

Ah right, handy question to get! :p
    Wasn't it you who was on about your *cough* interactions *cough* with a whole herd of cattle last year? :p

I said I was excited about the fact that we were getting into cows, and a big herd at that. Ye interpreted it completely different :rolleyes:
    Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Randy you best be avoiding this thread while me and Dan are posting around the same time ;)

Shur didn't he merge our posts together before? Haha

I see Dan multiquoting, or mine eyes deceive me :eek:
    Daniel7740 wrote: »
    I was excited about the fact that we were getting into cows, and a big herd at that.
    Ye interpreted it completely different :rolleyes:
    Surely you can understand why :p
    Shur didn't he merge our posts together before? Haha

He did :pac:

You both have Danielxxx0 in your names and neither of you have an avatar. I mix up your posts too :P

Surely you can understand why :p

Yeah, its cos ye city folk aren't right in the head :P

I mix up your posts too :P

<\3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,775 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Wait, this forum has avatars?

Wait, this forum has avatars?

Yes.

Go to User Control Panel, click 'Edit Options' and check 'Display avatars' under 'Thread Display Options'.

And then click 'Edit Avatar' in User CP to change it.

Yes.

Go to User Control Panel, click 'Edit Options' and check 'Display avatars' under 'Thread Display Options'.

And then click 'Edit Avatar' in User CP to change it.

Well I can't figure out any of that, then again may be because I'm still on the old boards layout:pac:

Yes nim I'm multiquoting and im only using the mobile site aswell :o

Which is more than can be said for some people....
    Not the first time you've done that either, is it randy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Anyone watching Japan-Greece. Brian Kerr never shuts up.

Yes nim I'm multiquoting and im only using the mobile site aswell :o

Which is more than can be said for some people....
    Not the first time you've done that either, is it randy?

I caught him doing it a few days ago too.

_6deb8726f2a0bba9e382779a71f9c62c.png

It was such a momentous occasion that I had to screenshot it.
    Well I can't figure out any of that, then again may be because I'm still on the old boards layout:pac:
    It should be the same, to be honest.

thelad95 wrote: »

Watched the first half and got sick of it, any good now?

Kerr is a pain in the hole.

I caught him doing it a few days ago too.

_6deb8726f2a0bba9e382779a71f9c62c.png

It was such a momentous occasion that I had to screenshot it.

He should be stripped of his mod status....

thelad95 wrote: »

England fecked up my bet so I'd just be too upset watching japan win

• Advertisement

England fecked up my bet so I'd just be too upset watching japan win

What on earth were you doing betting on this England team? :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement