Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I'm still in the honeymoon phase with the English papers after Plath coming up. Still not sure if it was all a dream ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Bit of a delayed reaction there? :pac:

"Still gutted" :P
    Aspiring wrote: »
    I'm still in the honeymoon phase with the English papers after Plath coming up. Still not sure if it was all a dream ;)

I forgot all my poetry, went blank :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Aspiring wrote: »

Same. Sometimes out of nowhere, I think about it and won't stop smiling. I start reciting lines from Elm or Poppies in July.

Then I think of how Paper 1 went and that wipes the smile right off my face :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

Why the fúck didn't i do Plath!?! I had a choice between Larkin, Dickinson and Plath in the paper, had six poems learned off by each. I panic and pick fúcking Dickinson just because that's what I did in the pre, even though Larkin and Plath had better questions.

I'm such a dope.

Enough of this shíte anyway, it's summer and that's supposed to make me happy for some reason :p

I like summer cause don't really have to do anything but I don't like summer cause the weather. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

God lads I don't feel happy at all :( Where's the eurphoria?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

At the end of a pint :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Well if you felt happy studying you could always take out some notes and reminisce on the 'good old days' :)

peekachoo wrote: »

I had a really nice shot last night, it had goldschalger, red aftershock, blue aftershock and sambuca :pac: after it was pretty euphoric. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Ah but there's no prinking so I'm going to be broke and feeling guilty :(
    Well if you felt happy studying you could always take out some notes and reminisce on the 'good old days' :)

:pac:

It's not that I felt happy then, I just feel, well, purposeless... and empty :(

• Advertisement

I don't know if you're joking but that is basically how I feel :p :pac:

I had a really nice shot last night, it had goldschalger, red aftershock, blue aftershock and sambuca :pac: after it was pretty euphoric. :P

That sounds unreaaaal :pac:
    Ah but there's no prinking so I'm going to be broke and feeling guilty :(

ah that does suck :(

There was such a build up to the leaving cert and now it's just over..

You're a bright girl Kayleigh :rolleyes: :p :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

*raises hand* I too have these feels :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Italian was impossible.

Nagin or 7 now

MacBizzle wrote: »
    You're a bright girl Kayleigh :rolleyes: :p :pac:

The elevator doesn't really go to the top floor..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Someone give me homework or something :(

It's like that episode of The Simpsons where the teachers go on strike and Lisa goes crazy.
    33seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

End of the pint is the worst part actually, very bitter :pac:
    Listenining to summery songs and now I want to go out.

All Ive done today is watch the entire first series of Orange is the New Black.. #noregrets
    Going out tomorrow night though.. Have a date with some West Coast Cooler and Vodka :D

• Advertisement

Saxo wrote: »
    End of the pint is the worst part actually, very bitter :pac:
    Listenining to summery songs and now I want to go out.

I dont drink pints I'm sorry :P
    are you going out? Im skipping tonight and heading BBQ tomorrow!

I dont drink pints I'm sorry :P
    are you going out? Im skipping tonight and heading BBQ tomorrow!

Nah I'm not bothered! up since 6 so I'm shattered :P
    Can't go out tomorrow night either! I have no obligation to be social anymore now that schools done :P

Saxo wrote: »
    Nah I'm not bothered! up since 6 so I'm shattered :P
    Can't go out tomorrow night either! I have no obligation to be social anymore now that schools done :P

You were never social :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

MacBizzle wrote: »
    I don't know if you're joking but that is basically how I feel :p :pac:
    aleatorio wrote: »
    *raises hand* I too have these feels :(
    Lads, this is what I was trying to warn ye about over the last week or so! :p[*cough*]

Ye have spent the last two years and especially the last few months totally focussed on the LC coz it was the be all and end all of life (it's not, but that kinda is what it feels like at the time).

Then ye had two weeks of exams and being stressed out and basically living on an adrenalin high.

Now it's over: the "goal" is done, the adrenalin has drained out of the system and both emotionally and physiologically you're feeling "mehhhh!"

Here's the thing: it's normal. I see it every year after LC, I see it with students doing university exams, esp. final year; I see it with students handing in theses at postgrad level; it's perfectly normal.

The best advice I can give you is to get plenty of air and exercise (seriously, the actual physical exercise will help work the after-effects out of your system both on an emotional and a physiological level); arrange to do little enjoyable / sociable things, even if it's just meeting up with friends for a walk / lie out in the sun; do little physical jobs around the house / garden / farm; catch up on your sleep; make a plan to do something later in the summer that you can look forward to; things like that. Allow your lives to return to normal.

Lads, this is what I was trying to warn ye about over the last week or so! :p

Ye have spent the last two years and especially the last few months totally focussed on the LC coz it was the be all and end all of life (it's not, but that kinda is what it feels like at the time).

Then ye had two weeks of exams and being stressed out and basically living on an adrenalin high.

Now it's over: the "goal" is done, the adrenalin has drained out of the system and both emotionally and physiologically you're feeling "mehhhh!"

Here's the thing: it's normal. I see it every year after LC, I see it with students doing university exams, esp. final year; I see it with students handing in theses at postgrad level; it's perfectly normal.

The best advice I can give you is to get plenty of air and exercise (seriously, the actual physical exercise will help work the after-effects out of your system both on an emotional and a physiological level); arrange to do little enjoyable / sociable things, even if it's just meeting up with friends for a walk / lie out in the sun; do little physical jobs around the house / garden / farm; catch up on your sleep; make a plan to do something later in the summer that you can look forward to; things like that.

See, thing is, my friends such and wont make plans with me. Which has led to my usual summertime '**** this, I have nothing to do and no one wants to do anything with me' feelings, combined with the fact that for the last two summers I've had a boyfriend to make plans with who I don't have any more, combined with the Post-LC slump, combined with over-bearing parents who wont let me do any of the things that I actually want to do..

WOOOOO SUMMER.

You were never social :pac:

I was last year! I went to errrthang, I think I only missed like two things :p

See, thing is, my friends such and wont make plans with me. Which has led to my usual summertime '**** this, I have nothing to do and no one wants to do anything with me' feelings, combined with the fact that for the last two summers I've had a boyfriend to make plans with who I don't have any more, combined with the Post-LC slump, combined with over-bearing parents who wont let me do any of the things that I actually want to do..

WOOOOO SUMMER.
    Can you drive a tractor, Dan's probably hiring?

Pay is non-existent, you'll get shouted at a lot, and spend most of the time trying to figure out what he's talking about, but his mother will feed you well, and you'll be busy and out in the fresh air 15 hours a day! :pac:

Can you drive a tractor, Dan's probably hiring?

Pay is non-existent, you'll get shouted at a lot, and spend most of the time trying to figure out what he's talking about, but his mother will feed you well, and you'll be busy and out in the fresh air 15 hours a day! :pac:

Well I actually have two jobs so probably wouldnt have time for that ;) I can drive a tractor though :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

How are you guys saying this??!?! I'm loving the summer, but I suppose my friends are good for organising things! Went out until about 4am last night and going to a bonfire tonight (a few days early, I know!)

Vive les vacances!

• Advertisement

I can drive a tractor though :pac::pac::pac:
    That's definitely the first priority.

The language requirement is probably the next most important; can you translate the following into English?
    "Well lawd, any craic?"
    "Feck all lawd, yourself?"
    "Not much now, a lad wouldnt be well when he'd be sick"
    "Jaysus he wouldnt!"
    "Got the silage in before the rain there"
    "A lad would be goin well!"
    "A lad would be goin wicked well"
    "Are ya on the beer tonight?"
    "Ahh shur, we might head for wan anyway..."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement