Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Anyone else think Macbeth is simple to study? Definitely my favourite part of English!

I love it :D

Love is too strong a word for anything leaving cert related:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Love is too strong a word for anything leaving cert related:(

I actually think it's brilliant :pac: Sometimes I just read it in my spare time because it's so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Accounting lads this is what im doing
    Short: control, suspense, cadhflow, revaluation, farm, service
    Long: cashflow, suspense, service, q5, q8

Reckon im covered?

If I was you I would throw incomplete records in there and do at least 1 club, but I suppose if you plan doing Q5 you're covered.

Im sticking with Q1
    long Q's I'm covering everything but published and interpretation
    and all types of budget
    badly badly need the A1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Lara_15 wrote: »
    If I was you I would throw incomplete records in there and do at least 1 club, but I suppose if you plan doing Q5 you're covered.

Im sticking with Q1
    and all types of budget
    badly badly need the A1

so would that be q1, service, club, tabular, cash flow, incomplete, suspense and budgeting?

That's what I'm thinking of doing, but I really really want to leave incomplete out :confused: Hardly it would come up twice??

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I actually like Macbeth. It's the only part of English I can get an A in :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Im sticking with Q1
    and all types of budget
    badly badly need the A1

My teacher never did incomplete cos she doesnt think theyll come up...

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    so would that be q1, service, club, tabular, cash flow, incomplete, suspense and budgeting?

That's what I'm thinking of doing, but I really really want to leave incomplete out :confused: Hardly it would come up twice??

Yep, there's 2 different types of incomplete record, one came up last year (think it was cash book?) so I would leave that one out definitely, but I would do 1 or 2 balance sheet method questions just in case, so if it did come up you could make a reasonable attempt at answering the question.

With that and farm (I'm hearing a lot of people say its a possibility as a 100mk :/) I'm just familiarising myself with it just in case because I HATE q5 and I need to cover my ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I'm probably gonna bank on 60mrks: Control, cash flow, reval and 100mks: service, suspense.

Still gonna go over those and every possible q8/9, barring last years ones and clubs, farms maybe published (those notes are putting me off). Anyone else bothered with the theory? Most is just JC stuff anyways...I guess...

I'm probably gonna bank on 60mrks: Control, cash flow, reval and 100mks: service, suspense.

Still gonna go over those and every possible q8/9, barring last years ones and clubs, farms maybe published (those notes are putting me off). Anyone else bothered with the theory? Most is just JC stuff anyways...I guess...

Im just doing what i said above and not doing any theory (and i want a b1)
    I just fo the theory when answering exam q's, its easy enough

Haven't started on that, and its where I lost most of my marks in my mock, but some website (I cant remember which one) has all of the theory questions on one document so I think ill just go through those closer to the time

• Advertisement

Haven't started on that, and its where I lost most of my marks in my mock, but some website (I cant remember which one) has all of the theory questions on one document so I think ill just go through those closer to the time

Ahh, I've got about 6 sheets with every theory question that has ever come up in the LC! Might skim through it the night before.
    Im just doing what i said above and not doing any theory (and i want a b1)
    I just fo the theory when answering exam q's, its easy enough

Yeah, I was aiming for an A1 at the start of the year but realised its a bit far from me atm so aiming for the B1. But who knows? Questions might suit me on the day and they'll balance! (No better feeling than a balanced question)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Janeh9

Does anyone know what the basics are for pass physics? I got nine percent in the mock so ive dropped to pass but all my books are honours so I don't know what I should focus on and what I can skip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

One of the incomplete records is due up this year actually I think. Yano the way there's 2. Not sure which it is but I assume it's the one that didn't come up last year ;) I'm also studying published for accounting, can't see it coming up but sure look it's not worth the risk, we didn't do q5 so I have to.

What do you think for q8? They won't be really nice and give a full marginal q I'd say, let's just hope it's not a three part monster like has happened some years. Hoping for the A1 in accounting, what are you all hoping for?

Aspiring wrote: »
    One of the incomplete records is due up this year actually I think. Yano the way there's 2. Not sure which it is but I assume it's the one that didn't come up last year ;) I'm also studying published for accounting, can't see it coming up but sure look it's not worth the risk, we didn't do q5 so I have to.

What do you think for q8? They won't be really nice and give a full marginal q I'd say, let's just hope it's not a three part monster like has happened some years. Hoping for the A1 in accounting, what are you all hoping for?

We didnt cover published or farm, I can't see published coming up (touch wood) and I had a look at a few and I cant get my head around them.. I'm self teaching farm because I keep hearing things about the possibility of it coming up as a 100mk and I dont want to take the risk.
    Hoping for the A1 too, got it in my mock but the topics that came up were lovely, fingers crossed the paper in june will be similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

We didnt cover published or farm, I can't see published coming up (touch wood) and I had a look at a few and I cant get my head around them.. I'm self teaching farm because I keep hearing things about the possibility of it coming up as a 100mk and I dont want to take the risk.
    Hoping for the A1 too, got it in my mock but the topics that came up were lovely, fingers crossed the paper in june will be similar

How are you preparing for 100mk farm? There should be sample papers or something that have examples of one but unfortunately there isn't. I've only ever done one 100mk farm but it wasn't anything like the layout of the exam papers, it was from some accounting magazine that used to exist. Do you have any 100mk questions or are you just kind preparing what you'd put into the balance sheet if it was a 100mk.

How are you preparing for 100mk farm? There should be sample papers or something that have examples of one but unfortunately there isn't. I've only ever done one 100mk farm but it wasn't anything like the layout of the exam papers, it was from some accounting magazine that used to exist. Do you have any 100mk questions or are you just kind preparing what you'd put into the balance sheet if it was a 100mk.

I've covered it with my grinds teacher. She just took the 60s from the exam papers and done balance sheets for them, which she already had answers prepared. As long as incomplete and published doesn't come up, I'm a happy camper :)

Why is this thread always full of accounting? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Why is this thread always full of accounting? :p

Someone's up early! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

robman60 wrote: »
    What's everyone's study plan for the week? Can any of the repeats make recommendations about how to stay disciplined? I really did nothing today because I'm a politics nerd.

I know the exams are looming ominously but it just doesn't seem like a big deal any more for some reason!

Sometimes i read the results thread from last year where people are delighted/disappointed.... great motivation!
    Also last year, I studied all year but around now i got lazy because i was home alone and didn't have any structure.
    This year, I start at 7.30am, and study in 50 minute blocks all day... i get so much more done now that I'm getting up early.

Someone's up early! :)

I'm in school :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I'm in school :o

Then what are you doing on boards? :P ;)

Yeah, I'm doing 60 mark questions with balance sheets and I have 1 100 mark question from a mock a while ago.

Then what are you doing on boards? :P ;)

YAGpXPd.png

Good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

oncex wrote: »
    Sometimes i read the results thread from last year where people are delighted/disappointed.... great motivation!
    Also last year, I studied all year but around now i got lazy because i was home alone and didn't have any structure.
    This year, I start at 7.30am, and study in 50 minute blocks all day... i get so much more done now that I'm getting up early.

This. If anyone is struggling, go to bed early and get up early. You feel energised for the whole day. I was up at 6.30 am this morning and already have four subjects done and I'm normally the biggest night owl ever. I rarely am asleep before 2/3 am but for the next few weeks put absolutely everything aside and apply every waking minute to the Leaving. Trust me, if you are only getting up now, half the battle is already lost.

Also, don't go into your school for any reason unless you really need help with something. In that case, get in and get out as quickly as possible. This week last year, I ended up going in for a maths class at 9am every morning. Then, you end up talking to a few people and going downtown for a few minutes and before you know it, it's 2pm and the day is gone.

Anyway rant over. Back to study.

Also, anyone else feel like this

thelad95 wrote: »

Also, don't go into your school for any reason unless you really need help with something. In that case, get in and get out as quickly as possible. This week last year, I ended up going in for a maths class at 9am every morning. Then, you end up talking to a few people and going downtown for a few minutes and before you know it, it's 2pm and the day is gone.

Anyway rant over. Back to study.

This happened to me today!

How is everyone studying physics? What do i NEED to know to get a C? Im finding it so so so so difficult to learn experiments :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Isitthough?

My teacher never did incomplete cos she doesnt think theyll come up...

well its unlikely but type A came up in 2000 and then type B came up in 2001 so It has come up twice before so to be on safe side I would look over the B type But tbh it is very unlikely but just be aware of it

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

YALL GIVE ME SUM BIOLOGY TIPS?! IMA HOPING TO GET LEAST A C3 OR HIGHER IN DAT SHIZZ, MY BEST SUBJECT IS ENGLISH, I BE BRINGING HOME AS AND BS IN THAT **** ERRYDAY

But seriously though, Bio tips pls <3 I have all unit 1 and all the experiments off by heart, all of unit 2 EXCEPT FOR GENITICS off by heart, and I don't even know what to study for unit 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Badwulf wrote: »
    YALL GIVE ME SUM BIOLOGY TIPS?! IMA HOPING TO GET LEAST A C3 OR HIGHER IN DAT SHIZZ, MY BEST SUBJECT IS ENGLISH, I BE BRINGING HOME AS AND BS IN THAT **** ERRYDAY

But seriously though, Bio tips pls <3 I have all unit 1 and all the experiments off by heart, all of unit 2 EXCEPT FOR GENITICS off by heart, and I don't even know what to study for unit 3

Learn genetics :P I'd go with learning reproduction (human and plant) plant responses (that iaa experiment is well due) and the heart, the lymphatic system, meybe excretion (take a glance through the edco exam papers if you have them and see what human systems haven't been up in a few years) and maybe micro

• Advertisement

Badwulf wrote: »

Don't take my word for it but Nervous system, musculoskeletal system and the senses are all due to come up. If you learn all three, there is a lot of crossover.

Again, don't take my word for it but you could probably leave out the endocrine system as it came up last year as a full Q on its own. Could appear in SQ's though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement