Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Hey MacBizzle I hear you're a fan of Silence of the Lambs? ;) :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    What have I told you about being up at farmer o clock? :pac:

10:40? :p

Expect a multi quote from me every morning at around 6am until August :pac:
    Last night I dreamt that my Leaving Cert results were lost and they convinced me that I actually didn't do it, just thought I had so I had to repeat, but I wasn't repeating because I hadn't actually done it :pac: :(

I had some LC dream last night too. I don't remember it anymore though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

I was handed a job yesterday, wasn't even asked just told I'm starting next Monday :pac: least I'll have my phone payed back in a week and all my driving lessons paid for the week after and then I can save for a car :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Hey MacBizzle I hear you're a fan of Silence of the Lambs? ;) :pac:

;):p :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

Nimr wrote: »
    I had some LC dream last night too. I don't remember it anymore though :(

LC dreams are horrible :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

LC dreams are horrible :(

I remember it now!

This is so silly. It was the Saturday after Applied Maths and everyone was so upset over the test that SEC let everyone take a different one that day but I was skeptical. I started the test and it was too easy so I called BS and left the hall after 5 mins.

Then when we got our results in August, everyone who did that test got an A and I got an NG because I walked out after 5 mins :o

Edit: I should stress that this was just an irrational post-LC nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Saxo wrote: »
    I was handed a job yesterday, wasn't even asked just told I'm starting next Monday :pac: least I'll have my phone payed back in a week and all my driving lessons paid for the week after and then I can save for a car :)

Where? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LaughingOwl

Others are having post LC dreams too, I had none before or during the exams but I've had three this week, two about studying and one about the CAO.

My favourite was the CAO one, they sent me a letter to say I wasn't eligible for my 7th choice because I had got a B in ordinary level business instead of an A. I don't even do business and the course was education, which I don't have down at all.

I expected to have dreams before, maybe during, but not after the LC, let me be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

So loads of teachers say that examiners try and give you as many marks possible for maths and shizzs, explain this to me? Like for example could they give me an extra mark for somthing that wasn't on the marking scheme? if I can pass everything by the skin of my teeth ill be happy

Badwulf wrote: »
    So loads of teachers say that examiners try and give you as many marks possible for maths and shizzs, explain this to me? Like for example could they give me an extra mark for somthing that wasn't on the marking scheme? if I can pass everything by the skin of my teeth ill be happy

I think in maths the marking scheme can be a bit subjective as opposed to definite, so the correctors can make up their own mind on what constitutes a "reasonable attempt", or whatever the marking scheme calls it. That's what I think, I'm not 100% sure or anything. :p

• Advertisement

Have you looked at the Maths marking schemes?

They're really nice with marks, it's broken down say like a 15 mark question, you can get like 5, 7, 12, 15 (I'm not 100% sure of the breakdown), but sometimes you can get up to 7 marks for just writing the formula down.

And then, if you make a mistake early on in the question (like a small calculation error) you'll get the marks for the correct method being used, and if you need to used that answer later on, it will give you the wrong answer, obviously, but you can only be deducted once for that, as long as you've got the method right and just that first error put you wrong, I think. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

thelad95 wrote: »
    What if I said I'd never read a Harry Potter book and haven't seen any of the films................... :cool:

WHAT

HOW HAVE YOU AVOIDED THEM ALL THIS TIME?!

WHAT

what about if I put that an answer that was right but for some reason it wasnt on the marking scheme? or in simpler terms, Only bio teachers will correct bio exams and engineering teachers will correct engineering exams etc. etc.? like I wont have a english teacher correctting my maths exam?

what about if I put that an answer that was right but for some reason it wasnt on the marking scheme? or in simpler terms, Only bio teachers will correct bio exams and engineering teachers will correct engineering exams etc. etc.? like I wont have a english teacher correctting my maths exam?

Method is more important than the right answer, like a right answer with no method will get lower marks than a wrong answer with a correct method.

Yeah, an English teacher won't be correcting your Maths :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Na they make sure that Irish teachers correct Physics exams and Home Ec teachers correct French..... :cool: Also, as far as I know only Construction teachers are allowed to correct Geography.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

In the airport about to leave for Abu Dhabi then Bangkok

Excited isn't the word

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Cakes. wrote: »

Excited isn't the word

We hate you.

:)

Nah, not really - have a great time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Cakes. wrote: »

Excited isn't the word
    I'm sure you'll enjoy working over there Cakes ;)

I feel like I've been on summer holidays for like 6 months but it's only been a week :pac:

I feel like I've been on summer holidays for like 6 months but it's only been a week :pac:

Same - this summer is shít :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

How do you go about getting a job in Thailand? Might as well try it seeing as there's none here :p

MacBizzle wrote: »

I'm not joking, last summer was the worst summer of my life which was not needed after I knew I'd fúcked up the exams :(

This summer has been alright so far, nothing special just alright. :)

thelad95 wrote: »
    I'm not joking, last summer was the worst summer of my life which was not needed after I knew I'd fúcked up the exams :(

This summer has been alright so far, nothing special just alright. :)

Howd you do last year brah?

MacBizzle wrote: »

I'm so bored :( I need a hobby :pac:

I'm not even joking I cycled 75km today out of boredom! Made it to a different county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

I'm so bored :( I need a hobby :pac:
    I'm not even joking I cycled 75km today out of boredom! Made it to a different county.

ive 9 acres of stones still to pick if yere bored...

i could be in a different county in less than a 5 min cycle... take me less than half an hour to cycle to another different county :P

242.gif

Wow :o

I wish I had a bike :P
    Daniel7740 wrote: »
    ive 9 acres of stones still to pick if yere bored...

I wouldn't pick stones for my own father tbh, so thanks but no thanks :pac: :P

Destoning machine :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

Is it sad that i want to start college yet? I just want to keep pushing my mind

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement