Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

My bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Hotale.com wrote: »
    D'you know if we had our LC in 2002 Ireland would be playing Germany during English Paper 1? Wouldn't that be such torture? :pac:

The World Cup in 2002 was actually so good, I remember being 6 and absolutely falling in love with it :D

Same here. That world cup along with being bought to Old Trafford got me interested in the beautiful game. I remember being inconsolable for hours after Spain knocked us out.

On another note, you were only six? I was 8. Wow I feel old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Stalk people on twitter?

:D

Badwulf wrote: »
    I have photosythesis, respiration, ecology, ALL of unit 1, ALL of unit 2 cept for genitics learnt off to a TEE. what should I do now?

It depends what grade are you looking for?

thelad95 wrote: »
    Same here. That world cup along with being bought to Old Trafford got me interested in the beautiful game. I remember being inconsolable for hours after Spain knocked us out.

On another note, you were only six? I was 8. Wow I feel old.

Ah sh*t I was 7 :P

I've a load of random memories about it; calling Belgium "Bell-gee-um" and my parents laughing at me, Brazil beating Costa Rica 5-2, wondering why people were wearing bed linen during a Saudi Arabia match, the free World Cup PC game I got with a box of Frosties, laughing at Turkey because they were named after food, getting up at 8am to watch Ireland draw with Cameroon in a ridiculously dull match, hitting my brother with a blow-up tricolour hammer....

I miss being 7 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Nimrod, you can't prevent the relentless tide of accounting, we will take this thread over one post at a time.

About the coffee thing somebody mentioned, as long as you don't go over 40 cups in a day you won't die. Which is pretty much impossible. Anything more than 4 gives me the jitters though, still study like a mad yoke after it so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

There's an English essay waiting to happen in your reflections on World Cup 2002, Hotale!

I remember it quite well too. Even though they were our group rivals all along I really liked the German team. Oliver Kahn especially was a hero and remains the only goalkeeper to win player of the tournament. Good days.

Huge pity we're not in it this time. Imagine the feeling finishing up the LC and going down to the pub for 6+ pints and giving expert analysis on Roy Keane's influence etc.! We can but dream. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

thelad95 wrote: »
    It depends what grade are you looking for?

id be happy with a c2 tbh, maybe even c3

robman60 wrote: »
    Huge pity we're not in it this time. Imagine the feeling finishing up the LC and going down to the pub for 6+ pints and giving expert analysis on Roy Keane's influence etc.! We can but dream. :(

It really is such a shame, although after the nightmare that was Euro 2012 I'm somewhat indifferent towards our absence. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Hotale.com wrote: »
    It really is such a shame, although after the nightmare that was Euro 2012 I'm somewhat indifferent towards our absence. :P

I might write my english essay about writing my english essay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KellyR18

I'm leaving out all plant chapters except structure and transport, food and gas exchange, think I'll be safe?? :)

Badwulf wrote: »
    id be happy with a c2 tbh, maybe even c3

You should be fine so. The key questions that usually come up from unit 3 are human reproduction and the plant chapters. You should know most of unit 3 but you can probably risk leaving out the endocrine system and one or two other chapters if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

anyone here have revise wise for physics?

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

anyone here have revise wise for physics?

yep its ****e, exam edge is supposed to be the best revision book for physics

Lara_15 wrote: »
    yep its ****e, exam edge is supposed to be the best revision book for physics

Couldn't believe the amount of mistakes in it. So frustrating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

How to you all deal with the nerves?
    Sometimes my brain just decides to freak me out and I can't concentrate anymore :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I have Exam Edge for Physics. It's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

Sometimes my brain just decides to freak me out and I can't concentrate anymore :(

When I get panic attacks I just power through them keep working and distracting yourself from what you need to do with what you are doing. Afterwards you feel alot better knowing you got stuff done. I take rescue remedies too, theyre probably just a placebo but I dont care as long as I calm down

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Janeh9

can anyone help me with ol physics? XD I dunno what I should and shouldn't be studying I'm dropping on the day :P

Also I hate all of you that are finished before me I'm on till the last day :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I just tell myself repeating couldnt be THAT bad, then i calm down

• Advertisement

Oh also is there anywhere where I can get the important quotes for Macbeth, Sive, I'm not scared, How Many Miles to Babylon?

Janeh9 wrote: »
    Also I hate all of you that are finished before me I'm on till the last day :/

Same. What do you have on the last day? Applied Maths? Religion?

anyone know where I can get a list of mandatory experiments for physics?

Is it not in your book..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭RedSeven7

If you have a science hardback they're in the front!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Oh also is there anywhere where I can get the important quotes for Macbeth, Sive, I'm not scared, How Many Miles to Babylon?

You dont need quotes for comparative

I'd suggest getting your own Macbeth quotes, what you might classify as important quote might be completely unimportant to someone else.

If you're really stuck for quotes Macbeth's soliloquies and most of act 1, scene 7 are important.

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Same. What do you have on the last day? Applied Maths? Religion?

Technology actually :P what about you?

bb1234567 wrote: »
    You dont need quotes for comparative

My english teacher told me they're not as important in the comparative but they'll gain you extra points

• Advertisement

Technology actually :P what about you?

I love the technology exam, I could go in to it drunk and still come out with an A :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement