Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I've no level 6's or level 7's :pac:

Same.

I have the codes of 4 level 7s that my CG teacher told me to look into. I think I'll just put them down. I don't even know what they are..

Edit: Just looked them up. Yeah, I might like them.
    Better than nothing, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Badwulf wrote: »
    Am I the only one who has no level 8's down on there cao? :pac:
    I've no level 6's or level 7's :pac:
    There's nothing that says you have to have something on both lists, but it's never a bad idea to use both just in case you suddenly realise in between then and now that the degree in Sanskrit which you always dreamed of doing just isn't for you after all! ;) :pac:

(Quite seriously, come August and there's always a few people who have had a complete change of heart over the summer, get the course they originally wanted and now don't want, and freak out.)

just in case you suddenly realise in between then and now that the degree in Sanskrit which you always dreamed of doing just isn't for you after all! ;) :pac:

Hey, don't make fun of Sanskrit :pac: I can still read that ****. I can't understand a word of it though..

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Oh so wait if I have a level 8 course and level 7 course I get two offers then? I thought Id only get one offer no matter what?

But Nim, I didn't choose that example deliberately because you were around at all!!

>_>

(And I'm not really making fun, tbh; it's just an example of a fairly unusual choice! ;) )
    Badwulf wrote: »
    Oh so wait if I have a level 8 course and level 7 course I get two offers then? I thought Id only get one offer no matter what?
    No, one offer from each list!

Does ANYONE ever even skim the damn handbook?!!

/cries

Edit: That bit is even made clear in the damn CAO sticky at the top of the forum, and that's only roughly a page long!!!

• Advertisement

Does ANYONE ever even skim the damn handbook?!!

Yet another possible title for your autobiography :p

Nimr wrote: »
    Yet another possible title for your autobiography :p
    :D

Seriously, though, it's

tumblr_mr3eydxxep1qj6xu1o1_500.gif

so much of the time!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

I read the handbook whilst bored in careers class once and then reread it when avoiding study :pac:

At least you read it! :p

Always puzzles me how people will graft for two years to get the best points possible, but won't spare an hour to figure out how the system that uses those points actually works.

And a lot of them give themselves a lot of unnecessary stress as a result (or worse, make silly mistakes).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

So, just to clarify, 10 is your highest preference on the CAO form and 1 is your lowest preference?

:pac:

• Advertisement

8/10 of my level 8s are physics degrees :pac: And the 9th is Engineering.

The last one is just in a completely different category altogether.
    tumblr_mr3eydxxep1qj6xu1o1_500.gif

Dat resilience tho' :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Why? :o

Its not what you know its who you blow... ;)

Ah no, im not a standard application, shur technically I'm still in college :P

thelad95 wrote: »
    So, just to clarify, 10 is your highest preference on the CAO form and 1 is your lowest preference?

The last one is just in a completely different category altogether.
    Sanskrit, right? ;)
    Dat resilience tho' :p
    :D
    Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Ah no, im not a standard application, shur technically I'm still in college :P
    On a less technical level, I'm not convinced you were ever really in it! :p

Sanskrit, right? ;)
    Ah no, YouTube will probably do the job if I wanted to learn Sanskrit :pac:

It's a course in DCU called Politics, Law and one other word I liked but forgot :o

Edit: Economics, Poltics and Law in DCU!

Typical Darwinist.

In Theology, it's not about being in college, it's believing that you're in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Im reminded of this thread last year.

Particularly this part :pac:
    I'm just glad to know I can move down my list to the course I really want rather than my first choice that I put on to please my parents.
    I put my choice in order of points, that way if I get my number one but don't want it I can choose one of my lower choices instead.
    I don't mind them saying it, people will have second thoughts, it's when they think they can make it happen!! >.<
    Infinitely! :(

Shut up shut up shut up shut up!!!! :mad:

Shut up shut up shut up shut up!!!! :mad: :(:(

/runs away screaming
    A little birdie told me that if I call CAO between 6:04 and 6:07 using a phonebooth and a thick russian accent they will change my first choice to something else if a transfer 50 euro to an off shore account in the Carribean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Until December, i only missed the odd Friday morning due to, ah, adventures the night before :P

Basically havnt been since, could nearly count on my hand the amount of hours I attended in the second semester :o
    I had a decent flick through it in irish, then started turning someones bag inside out :rolleyes:

Ah man, this is the sort of craic I miss since finishing school!

I was an awful bollocks for turning peoples bags inside out haha

Particularly this part :pac:
    Lol, I remember that! :D
    Your bag-handling skills were infamous, Dan, even Jay commented on it! ;)

Ah we used to turn bags inside out in TY :P

Bag turning was an art all throughout my school. Th eentire class working in unison to get the bag to the expert turners and then spreading the books across the room without the teacher noticing and having the person rage when they came in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Your bag-handling skills were infamous, Dan, even Jay commented on it! ;)

• Advertisement

peekachoo wrote: »

Way too make it sexual Stace ffs

Seriously, it gets my goat that people will spend 2 years swotting for LC and not at least skim the CAO handbook for half an hour (you don't need to learn it off, like! :P)

They give themselves so much extra stress for nothing so often, not to mention that some do the stupidest things because they don't understand the basics of the system.
    Always puzzles me how people will graft for two years to get the best points possible, but won't spare an hour to figure out how the system that uses those points actually works.

And a lot of them give themselves a lot of unnecessary stress as a result (or worse, make silly mistakes).

Wow Randy. A year on and you almost said the exact same thing word for word :P
    Ah we used to turn bags inside out in TY :P

In my school they would slice open the bottom of your bag with a Stanley blade and all your stuff would fall out. (Take the sexual meaning with that sentence and you'll be wincing for days!)

Way too make it sexual Stace ffs
    Yeah, the durty mind on that young wan! :eek:
    Wow Randy. A year on and you almost said the exact same thing word for word :P
    And I probably said it the year before and every year before that too, lad! *sigh*

Edit: Mind you, now that I read them again, they are kind of eerily similar all right!

Rote learning at its finest.

You just repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it, and repeat it,and repeat it, and repeat it.

Im not sure the LC was an entirely wholesome experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

We used to do all sorts of mad stuff. The lockers in our school were really old, so you could easily kick them open. We would kick two lockers open, swap all the books and watch as chaos ensues.

The old penis on the board never gets old either, especially with permanent marker.

We also used to steal the projector remote control and start switching slides. It drove our biology teacher insane.

Stupid questions in class was always great as well. For example, we would have an English christmas test and this one gobsh*te would always put his hand up and ask if we needed a calculator for this test :rolleyes:

Annoying our careers teacher was always a weekly highlight as well. We'd think of a new question to ask every week that would always drive him insane. For example, ''Can you apply for a restricted course in the change of mind?'' ''Can you apply for a PLC through the CAO?'' ''Do you place your courses in order of points?'' ''Can you use your mock results instead of your real results?''

We were a bunch of saddos :P

Bag turning was an art all throughout my school. Th eentire class working in unison to get the bag to the expert turners and then spreading the books across the room without the teacher noticing and having the person rage when they came in

Ah we used to turn the bags inside out and then put the books back into the bag, we'd turn the pencil cases inside out too. :P

thelad95 wrote: »
    ''Can you use your mock results instead of your real results?''

10/10 would giggle agin m8

Ah we used to turn the bags inside out and then put the bags back into the bag
    Fúck thats some advanced theoretical physics shít

Ah we used to turn the bags inside out and then put the bags back into the bag

How does that work?

What kind of physics is this? :confused:

How many dimensions did your school have?

Fùck thats some advanced theoretical physics shít
    How does that work?

What kind of physics is this? :confused:

Takes practice :P and someone distracting the bag owner :pac:

• Advertisement

I meant put the books back into the bags :( :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement