Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Takes practice :P and someone distracting the bag owner :pac:

andthatswitchcraft.gif?w=547
    I meant put the books back into the bags :( :P

Yeah, we figured :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Its cooler the other way. Probably holds definitive proof of black holes or anti matter or some ****.

Nim thats creepy I was going to call it witchcraft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Lol, I remember that! :D

Your bag-handling skills were infamous, Dan, even Jay commented on it! ;)

oh feck off, it was never jay after me, it was always you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

thelad95 wrote: »
    The old penis on the board never gets old either, especially with permanent marker.
    The odd eejit still does that in college. When they're particularly small or misshapen I usually invite the group to join me in a vote of sympathy to the unfortunate artist who has such a poor model to work from! :pac:
    We also used to steal the projector remote control and start switching slides. It drove our biology teacher insane.
    I was convinced someone was doing that to me one day this year, and as it was one of the adult / evening groups I was with it was very out of character.

Then I realised I had thrown it on the chair and was sitting on it! :o:o
    Annoying our careers teacher was always a weekly highlight as well. We'd think of a new question to ask every week that would always drive him insane. For example, ''Can you apply for a restricted course in the change of mind?'' ''Can you apply for a PLC through the CAO?'' ''Do you place your courses in order of points?'' ''Can you use your mock results instead of your real results?''
    The really sad bit is that you will see all those questions and worse asked seriously on this forum from time to time (not counting the obvious trolls!).

And my personal favourite, the guy who every year has the points for (say) his first four choices, and has decided to do number 3, and has a meltdown when we tell him he can't.
    Daniel7740 wrote: »
    oh feck off, it was never jay after me, it was always you!
    In fairness, it was sometimes him.

Your reactions were just so funny it was irresistible! :D

Whats the worst youve heard? That Mock results on has to be up there.

• Advertisement

In my school they would slice open the bottom of your bag with a Stanley blade and all your stuff would fall out.

yeah there was a phase of cutting the straps off of peoples bags in our school for a while, didnt find it one bit funny tbh
    We also used to steal the projector remote control and start switching slides. It drove our biology teacher insane.

me and another lad had a remote for one of the projectors for weeks, managed to change the language to Hungarian or some shíte, and just kept arsing around with it, turning on the projector every few mins even when we werent using it. teachers used go apeshít over it :D
    they never figured out how it was happening either :P
    Ah we used to turn the bags inside out and then put the books back into the bag, we'd turn the pencil cases inside out too. :P

it works best with people who dont use their lockers so all their books are in their bag.

Whats the worst youve heard? That Mock results on has to be up there.
    Oh, in fairness, meant to say that's the only one I haven't seen IRL.

I honestly think the people who even in August still think you get to pick and choose from any you have the points for, or that you can just add in a totally new one at that stage, are among the worst.

Especially when they have a knicker-fit and start abusing the posters who are telling them they can't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Is anyone else surprised at how few days they skipped at the end of the year? I had planned on taking ages off and then when the time came I didn't because I was so nostalgic about our days in school and how close they are to being over.

In fairness, it was sometimes him.

Your reactions were just so funny it was irresistible!

cant even remember what way i used react :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Is anyone else surprised at how few days they skipped at the end of the year? I had planned on taking ages off and then when the time came I didn't because I was so nostalgic about our days in school and how close they are to being over.

Those couple of weeks can be the best banter of your school-life. If you've been working all year, you don't need to stay at home to cram. Stay in school, a lot of the guys in your year you will never see again, even if you're close to them :(

• Advertisement

Yeah its weird to think I'll never see some of them again.. Should see a fair few on results day though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

what time does cao close tommorow? Or is it at the stroke of midnight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Badwulf wrote: »

Not sure if a troll or not....

Closes at 5.15 pm usually becomes unusable at around 4pm due to last minute changes.

See the bloody sticky at the top of the forum!!! :pac:

Or the CAO site for that matter!

Or indeed what lad95 just told you! :p

Coz there won't be any Tardis around to fix it! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

We had a giant watertight, soaked the teachers and all, the last day of school, missed 80 minutes of Maths but it was kinda worth it, and to think I wasn't going to bother going in :P it was great craic though, like you'd be lying on the ground relaxing/ drying off and you'd be almost dry and a group of them would come and throw another 6 bottles of water on you. :pac:

We had a giant watertight, soaked the teachers and all, the last day of school, missed 80 minutes of Maths but it was kinda worth it, and to think I wasn't going to bother going in :P it was great craic though, like you'd be lying on the ground relaxing/ drying off and you'd be almost dry and a group of them would come and throw another 6 bottles of water on you. :pac:

In our last ever class people went MAD! Principal came up 3 different times! As if he thought we were going to be nice and quiet in our last ever class.. We had a sub for it as well :pac:

Lol, he'd have been better off planting himself down and chatting to ye for the hour rather than be at that craic, especially with a sub in! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Sucette!

In our last ever class people went MAD! Principal came up 3 different times! As if he thought we were going to be nice and quiet in our last ever class.. We had a sub for it as well :pac:

Is it bad that we sat in silence, half the class in tears and the teacher herself reduced to tears our last ever class? It was so emotional in that room xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Sucette! wrote: »
    Is it bad that we sat in silence, half the class in tears and the teacher herself reduced to tears our last ever class? It was so emotional in that room xD

Same with mine!
    Our teacher brought in a cake and food for us and we had a tea party (something we regularly did in this class cos she was such a ledge <3) and everyone started crying :pac:

Ye went to class? We signed shirts, played soccer and annoyed teachers in class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Only missed one day of school this year because my car broke down on the way to school :rolleyes: (The joys of feck all cops being on your island and you can drive anywhere at age 18 with only a learner liscence <3) However, I missed 68 (So close to 69 <3) days on the dot in 5th year because I had to have a spinal operation which ment I had to miss more than two months of school in 5th year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Sucette!

Ye went to class? We signed shirts, played soccer and annoyed teachers in class

For the most part, they let us have a pizza and dress up party around lunch time, but we did go to most classes and got fat on chocolate cake and endless packets of those natural collection jellies :L
    aleatorio wrote: »
    Same with mine!
    Our teacher brought in a cake and food for us and we had a tea party (something we regularly did in this class cos she was such a ledge <3) and everyone started crying :pac:

Tea party? Nawwwh! <3 We felt like a pack of emotional idiots that last day, we cried, all the teachers cried, when the 4 o clock bell went we just sat in class in silence, with the teacher insisting we all hug her before we left :pac:

Last year I distintivly remember walking through the Leaving Cert area and being 1. Deafened by screams, 2. Nearly knocked over by mad, running Leaving Certs.... We were the opposite we left in silence xD

We'd just drop into any ol class and ask the teachers to sign our shirts. If they wernt having a class we chatted for a while

Sucette! wrote: »
    Is it bad ...
    aleatorio wrote: »
    Same with mine!
    Not bad, just girlie! :pac:

Mind you, our last couple of hours the Principal and DP landed in, and it turned into a big chat and remembering all the daft / funny things, and other teachers dropping in and out when they could.

A hell of a lot more laughter than tears though, and a lot of owning up several years later to certain pranks, and a fair bit of shouting "I knew it!!" from the Principal as she laughed at us! :D

Worse ways to finish up actually! :D
    Only missed one day of school this year because my car broke down on the way to school :rolleyes: (The joys of feck all cops being on your island and you can drive anywhere at age 18 with only a learner liscence <3) However, I missed 68 (So close to 69 <3) days on the dot in 5th year because I had to have a spinal operation which ment I had to miss more than two months of school in 5th year :(
    Where the hell are you anyway, Aran? :p

Ah guys yer making me all nostalgic. The end of school was a grand oul time.

That said Id pull all my teeth by myself rather than start it over again.

Thinking about school being over and not seeing some people again makes me sad :( but at the same time, I couldn't stick another year :P

That said Id pull all my teeth by myself rather than start it over again.
    but at the same time, I couldn't stick another year :P
    "To every thing there is a season,
    A time for every purpose under heaven."

I didnt really get that. I had three mate I actually cared about keeping up with.

I live with one in college
    I gym regularly with one in Cavan
    I meet up with the last one on nights out in Cavan.

The truest torture is being seperated from all my college mates. Its worse than you could possibly imagine it this stage.

Randy plz, get your hippie **** outta my face

Most people I'd live to have kept contact with are going to Dublin.

• Advertisement

Most people I'd live to have kept contact with are going to Dublin.

And you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement