Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Randy plz, get your hippie **** outta my face
    That quote has been around for 3,000 years, kinda predates the hippy movement! :p

And it's not like you to be complaining of me sticking something in your face! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

And you?

Galway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Sucette!

"To every thing there is a season,
    A time for every purpose under heaven."

Ecclesiastes Randy? :pac: Got that printed on laminates from our religion teacher. Invictus (the poem) is another one we were given, that's my fav xD

Has anybody ever heard of the mayonnaise jar and coffee inspirational thing? Thats another that we saw done on the last day :) Inspirational stuff xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

We never have a 'last day' in my school due to a number of fůcktards antics a few years ago. I won't go into details but it made national newspapers and someone ended up in hospital and five studentd were made sit exams in anothet school.

Principal uses the same trick every year. Tells sixth years that they'll be let off on a specific Wednesday, then comes in on the Tuesday afternoon and tells us we are done. That way there is no goodbye's :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

THIS GIRL KNOWS WHATS GOING ON

To study what?

And Randy dont tell me Jebus wasnt a big ol hippie preching love and healing.

And you have no proof either way of that statement. I'll have you for defamation.

• Advertisement

THIS GIRL KNOWS WHATS GOING ON

To study what?

Medicine was my first choice, but changed to mathematical science :P

thelad95 wrote: »
    We never have a 'last day' in my school due to a number of fůcktards antics a few years ago. I won't go into details but it made national newspapers and someone ended up in hospital and five studentd were made sit exams in anothet school.

Principal uses the same trick every year. Tells sixth years that they'll be let off on a specific Wednesday, then comes in on the Tuesday afternoon and tells us we are done. That way there is no goodbye's :(
    Yeah, it's a pity when that happens, we got up to plenty of mischief, but it was all harmless stuff.

Hell, a few of the younger teachers pretty much got into a prank war with us! :pac:

Mind you, we had a fairly young staff generally and we got on pretty well with them for the most part, which obviously helps.

You'll love it in Galway.

The summers are untold levels of mental torture.

You may have guess that I go there. Feel free to ask any question you may have since the NUIG forums are dead apart for the one time I told them to make fun of first years :pac:

And Randy dont tell me Jebus wasnt a big ol hippie preching love and healing.
    It predates him by about 1,000 years too! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

You may have guess that I go there. Feel free to ask any question you may have since the NUIG forums are dead apart for the one time I told them to make fun of first years :pac:

Are there many jobs in Galway during the college year? Desperately need one so I can buy my tent :P

• Advertisement

I'm excited to go tbh :D

Eh one guy who I know got work was basically absent. Deferred his exams til August cause he never came in. People will be understanding of your situation but if you plan on going home at the weekends id recommend getting a weekend job at home.

Any on campus jobs are gold dust. If you can land one your golden. Try getting into the bar from day 1. Like no messing about.

What are you planning on doing?

And you should be. Its so much fun, the place is beautiful and alive, the people are friendly. I miss it so much. Since so many people move there you get so much closer to everyone.

Sadly that mans all my friends are in Laois, Limerick, Tipperary, Sligo, Leitrim and Galway while im in Cavan.

Is there any less well known accommodations in galway that are like REALLY cheap :)

Sadly not particularly. Not known to me anyway. You could try looking for cheaper houses on things like daft.ie and on the NUIG forum people will start looking for housemates after results and such.

What are your expectations and I can probably tell you if they're realistic or not.

I need to start thinking about accommodation and applying for SUSI :pac:

I'm not even sure what I can afford :confused: Is there any of them that can be paid weekly and will let me clean as payment :P

I need to start thinking about accommodation and applying for SUSI :pac:
    Galway has a notorious shortage of accomidation so you really would. I was ballsy and booked before I got my results.

Start SUSI now too. Its a massive pain in the ass for you and your parents
    I'm not even sure what I can afford :confused: Is there any of them that can be paid weekly?

Highly unlikely. Landlords dont roll that way. Student accom is generally two moieties or a lump sum while private accom is between you and the landlord but is likely monthly.

I'm terrified to book accommodation in case I don't get into college :(

What are you hoping to do? How many points do you need?

I'm just afraid that I've ****ed up Maths and got like a D1, then I'd have to repeat :pac:

• Advertisement

I done pass and still done maths in college. Fuk da system.

I need a C3 in honours Maths for all the courses I want :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Ah jesus. I got a D1 in HL last year and anyone can vouch for me that I'm not good at maths :P
    I was only 2% off the C3 too, you'll be graaaaaaaandddd

Pft I got an A2 in pass maths. Bad ass.

Kayleigh you seem smart and will probably get a C3.

But so many people work their ass off in a certain subject to scrape a minimun requirement but when they start the course, their lack of flair is found out. For example, a guy I know worked his ass off to get an OL B3 in Maths to do an Accounting and Finance course. He was good at Accounting and got a B2 in the Leaving but he packed the course in before Christmas as he couldn't stand the Maths. There is a reason why these miminum requirements exist.

I love Maths, just being all paranoid with the change of mind finishing up, I guess. :P

when are the exams usually corrected by? I keep thinking someone could be deciding my future right now and I don't even know about it :)

when are the exams usually corrected by? I keep thinking someone could be deciding my future right now and I don't even know about it :)

Probably as we speak. Not literally this minute but speaking to my Maths grinds teacher, he says they start today and go on over the next few weeks. He could be talking shíte as well though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Don't forget to finalise ye're CAO applications before 17:15 tomorrow lads and lassies! I know there's a thread about it, but nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Nim thats creepy I was going to call it witchcraft

Great minds think alike :p
    Is anyone else surprised at how few days they skipped at the end of the year? I had planned on taking ages off and then when the time came I didn't because I was so nostalgic about our days in school and how close they are to being over.

I usually miss 20-30 days every year but I only missed one morning of 6th year. I had an awful headache but I went in at 12 :p I'm so proud.
    Sucette! wrote: »
    Is it bad that we sat in silence, half the class in tears and the teacher herself reduced to tears our last ever class? It was so emotional in that room xD

I wasn't really there for the last class. I was preparing for the graduation ceremony. So I don't know what happened in class but knowing my year, it definitely wasn't anything emotional like that. Probably bashed each others heads in like they did for the rest of the year.

I get real upset when I think about never seeing some students and all of my teachers again :o

Yeah, I need a C3 for a lot of them and a B3 for one :eek: And I think I may have gotten a C1 in Paper 1 and a B1 or B2 in Paper 2. That makes me nervous..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement