Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭RedSeven7

Janeh9 wrote: »
    Technology actually :P what about you?

Omg, I did technology for my junior cert, and that project was the most stressful thing I've ever been through!! Not choosing it for LC was the best decision I ever made :pac: I do not envy you!! Haha good luck with the project btw :) Something to do with automation isn't it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Technology actually :P what about you?

Applied Maths :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

bb1234567 wrote: »
    You dont need quotes for comparative

Yes you do. Not as many as Macbeth or poetry but a scattering looks really good in your answer.

In fact I don't know how you could discuss a key moment without quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

thelad95 wrote: »
    Yes you do. Not as many as Macbeth or poetry but a scattering looks really good in your answer.

Would making references be as good as giving quotes? That's what I'm planning on doing anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Janeh9

RedSeven7 wrote: »
    Omg, I did technology for my junior cert, and that project was the most stressful thing I've ever been through!! Not choosing it for LC was the best decision I ever made :pac: I do not envy you!! Haha good luck with the project btw :) Something to do with automation isn't it?

The written exam is the easiest part of my leaving cert I'll have to do apart from my music practical but oh good lord that project nearly killed me, didn't even get it finished people say technology's really easy the project is absolute hell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

The written exam is the easiest part of my leaving cert I'll have to do apart from my music practical but oh good lord that project nearly killed me, didn't even get it finished people say technology's really easy the project is absolute hell

The project is the biggest load of sh*t ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

I'd say that'll be my work so on the Thursday morning before paper 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

word of advice for anyone doing engineering. Do flashcards on each question type your going to do for the actual exam, seriously, you only need like 3 or 4 flash cards on each question type and they will contain every last piece of knowledge you need to know

Badwulf wrote: »
    word of advice for anyone doing engineering. Do flashcards on each question type your going to do for the actual exam, seriously, you only need like 3 or 4 flash cards on each question type and they will contain every last piece of knowledge you need to know

Engineering? Is that even a subject? Excuse my ignorance I've never heard of engineering as an LC subject

Edit: Just saw it's on with English Paper 2. God help you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

They might look good, but all i mean is that theyre not essential like in macbeth and poetry!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Engineering? Is that even a subject? Excuse my ignorance I've never heard of engineering as an LC subject

Edit: Just saw it's on with English Paper 2. God help you!
    What kinda posh school do you go to?
    Engineering is massive in my school. My school is the only one in the locality that you can do DCG, Engineering and Construction for the LC, so great for the practical heads.

Hotale.com wrote: »
    The project is the biggest load of sh*t ever.

It was awful this year, too vague

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Do any of you guys ever just get a fúck this attitude to everything? I just don't know what I want out of life at times and I'm not even sure if I want to go to college next year! My top two courses are in Dublin and I'd just prefer to get a job or something at home but then other times I want to go do a course and just kind of get it over with or something! I'm not worried about the exams at all really, even worryingly laid back.

I barely even know what I'm talking about to be honest... Sorry for the rant or whatever this is!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 deedeebb

Anybody at all have any Home Ec Tips on what to study? I know it should be EVERYTHING but I'm really trying to make an educated guess and narrowing it down but it's proving to be quite difficult. please help me lol

LoveLamps wrote: »
    What kinda posh school do you go to?
    Engineering is massive in my school. My school is the only one in the locality that you can do DCG, Engineering and Construction for the LC, so great for the practical heads.

There are 5 secondaries where I'm from all over 400 students. Not one of them offers either Ag Science or Engineering :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 deedeebb

Also who has bets on Lady Macbeth coming up next week? I personally think it's too obvious....... Thoughts?

deedeebb wrote: »
    Also who has bets on Lady Macbeth coming up next week? I personally think it's too obvious....... Thoughts?

Cian Hogan thinks a Macbeth questions likely!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 courtney95

I'm freaking out about maths 😰 does anyone know, say if you've started the paper and find it way too hard can you give it back and ask for an Ordinary level paper?

courtney95 wrote: »
    I'm freaking out about maths 😰 does anyone know, say if you've started the paper and find it way too hard can you give it back and ask for an Ordinary level paper?

You cant switch on the day :( If youre worried drop now, so you have this week to revise a bit of the ordinary course

You cant switch on the day :( If youre worried drop now, so you have this week to revise a bit of the ordinary course

Oh my god really? Thanks for telling me!!

• Advertisement

Depends how kind your supervisor is really. They're probably not allowed to but some supervisors bend the rules slightly and others are like mini Hitlers.

Oh my god really? Thanks for telling me!!

Im like 90% sure, but please check dont take my word for it :p

Im like 90% sure, but please check dont take my word for it :p

I've just emailed the sec! Thanks for the answers :)

Not sure what you mean by this. You can take the ordinary level paper on the day but I'm not sure if you can switch once you take the honours.

You can drop before you take the exam but I don't think you can during

Not sure what you mean by this. You can take the ordinary level paper on the day but I'm not sure if you can switch once you take the honours.

Ah okay :) thank you

Oh i thought once you had entered the exam hall you had to take the paper youd planned on taking

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

deedeebb wrote: »
    Anybody at all have any Home Ec Tips on what to study? I know it should be EVERYTHING but I'm really trying to make an educated guess and narrowing it down but it's proving to be quite difficult. please help me lol

Yeah I'm stuck on this too, Elective and core sociology are guaranteed so I'm gonna do them, and nutrition for Q1... but that still leaves me 1 50mark question short :/
    Think Ill just learn what I said really well and bull**** the other question because I dont know where to start :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

robman60 wrote: »
    Do any of you guys ever just get a fúck this attitude to everything? I just don't know what I want out of life at times and I'm not even sure if I want to go to college next year! My top two courses are in Dublin and I'd just prefer to get a job or something at home but then other times I want to go do a course and just kind of get it over with or something! I'm not worried about the exams at all really, even worryingly laid back.

I barely even know what I'm talking about to be honest... Sorry for the rant or whatever this is!

You're not alone! Having major reservations about what I want to do next year, I know I want to go to college cause I love the whole academic enviornment of learning and I need to get out of this sh!thole of a town -_- everything just feels really bleak though and I feel like I'm starting on a path that's hopeless... that and trying to block out the people around me who tell me im doing the wrong thing and trying not to feel the weight of other people's expectations weighing down on me because whatever I choose won't be good enough. And the whole I'm not allowed to be stressed because "don't be a tool, you'll be grand"

Anyway, my rant is over now too, best advice someone gave me this year is to take a deep breath, bring yourself into the moment and let things settle. Then go with your gut instinct . It's rarely wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

robman60 wrote: »
    Wow, Oncex and thelad95, you guys seem motivated. I'm going to try to use the thought of repeating as a motivating factor because you guys seem to realise just how difficult the whole thing is.

I went to school today at 9am and did a good day's work. The vice principal was nice enough to allow us to have a room for the day so I did Business, Irish, and Maths. Going to tackle some Accounting sole trader Qs and some English Comparative for the evening.

I went to school too! It was horribly unproductive. The most useful thing I did was napping for an hour :o Today has been my least productive day since Thursday :(
    Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Applied Maths :P

GO TEAM :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement