Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

And as you've probably noticed I am extremely technologically challenged! I'll have to do some sort of computer course before college starts because I only know the very very basics :/

That's probably all you'll need :)
    Probably more than me too :pac:

Isn't maths science like 500 points everywhere? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Ka_yl_ei_gh

I need 485 :( and that's hoping it doesn't jump like 30 points again, like it did two years ago :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Efafitz1994

5 points less than me so :rolleyes: :p Which college are you hoping to go to?

Mary I hopefully apparently they're the best recognised college for teachers in Ireland

I need 485 :(

That's not too bad :p
    Mary I hopefully apparently they're the best recognised college for teachers in Ireland

Yeah I heard that about them as well :p I've a friend who has that down as number one and doesn't realise that he literally can't so it because he's doing too many pass subjects :pac:

Yeah I heard that about them as well :p I've a friend who has that down as number one and doesn't realise that he literally can't so it because he's doing too many pass subjects :pac:

Oh Jesus nothing worse than that feeling! I'm a repeat....had no motivation at all last year so I knew I would have to repeat but still returning in September was the worst feeling ever...

• Advertisement

It's not too bad, but like with my school it's hard to get tbh :pac: like if you don't have any motivation to work yourself, meaning actually teaching yourself most the course, you're screwed. Which is probably why most people end up doing PLCs. I regret not moving schools after TY :P

I put an Arts degree in Maths and Education down on my CAO form, I have no idea why I did though. I really wouldn't have the patience to teach maths to someone, especially those who struggle with it :pac:

Oh Jesus nothing worse than that feeling! I'm a repeat....had no motivation at all last year so I knew I would have to repeat but still returning in September was the worst feeling ever...

God I'll never repeat!! It'd be such a nightmare! :(
    It's not too bad, but like with my school it's hard to get tbh :pac: like if you don't have any motivation to work yourself, meaning actually teaching yourself most the course, you're screwed. Which is probably why most people end up doing PLCs. I regret not moving schools after TY :P

Yeah my school's a bit like that with some teachers.. I basically didn't do maths in class until 5th year because the teachers were so useless and wouldn't teach us :p

Oh stop! It was the same in my school last year! But I actually did the work myself this year and I was barely ever in and I got way more done at home myself once I had all the notes

I put an Arts degree in Maths and Education down on my CAO form, I have no idea why I did though. I really wouldn't have the patience to teach maths to someone, especially those who struggle with it :pac:

I'm avoiding rechecking my CAO just in case I made a mistake that I can't change.. I REALLY don't need a panic atm :pac:

Yeah my school's a bit like that with some teachers.. I basically didn't do maths in class until 5th year because the teachers were so useless and wouldn't teach us :p

My French teacher didn't start written productions with us until after he orals, and my Irish teacher revised everything on 2013's paper with us, cause she's stupid and didn't cop that it's really unlikely to come up.

Biology teacher left us with 8 chapters to do in two weeks before he exams, and chapters hat usually appeared every year.

I loved my English teacher though, and my maths teacher (though we did have to cram a lot towards the end), pretty much the same with Applied Maths .

Physics, Chemistry, DCG teachers were alright, courses finished before the mocks, revision the rest of the time.

Just ranting about my teachers at ≈4:30 in the morning :pac:

• Advertisement

My French teacher didn't start written productions with us until after he orals, and my Irish teacher revised everything on 2013's paper with us, cause she's stupid and didn't cop that it's really unlikely to come up.

Biology teacher left us with 8 chapters to do in two weeks before he exams, and chapters hat usually appeared every year.

I loved my English teacher though, and my maths teacher (though we did have to cram a lot towards the end), pretty much the same with Applied Maths .

Physics, Chemistry, DCG teachers were alright, courses finished before the mocks, revision the rest of the time.

:pac:

We finished the chemistry course before Christmas 2012..

We finished the chemistry course before Christmas 2012..

Really? :o

Really? :o

Yep :pac: our chemistry teacher was really really good though, and our class was really small :p

I'm avoiding rechecking my CAO just in case I made a mistake that I can't change.. I REALLY don't need a panic atm :pac:

Did you not get one of them letters saying what's on your CAO form? :P

Did you not get one of them letters saying what's on your CAO form? :P

When? I got one ages ago :p Just paranoid like :pac:

Yep :pac: our chemistry teacher was really really good though, and our class was really small :p

Mine was pretty big, considering our year size, almost half did Chemistry. My teacher got chicken pox half way through 5th year and disappeared for like a month. He's finished in my school now, got a job in Cork cause it's closer to home. :P

I think my smallest class had 2 in it, and one of the other small ones had 4 :pac:

Mine was pretty big, considering our year size, almost half did Chemistry. My teacher got chicken pox half way through 5th year and disappeared for like a month. He's finished in my school now, got a job in Cork cause it's closer to home. :P

I think my smallest class had 2 in it, and one of the other small ones had 4 :pac:

2 in a class? :pac: what subject?

When? I got one ages ago :p Just paranoid like :pac:

Like the 2nd of July. I always get really paranoid that I've written the wrong exam numbers on my exam booklets :P
    2 in a class? :pac: what subject?

Applied Maths, one honours, one pass :P

Applied Maths, one honours, one pass :P

Who does pass applied maths? :confused:

People who can't do honours? :P

• Advertisement

People who can't do honours? :P

But isn't it designed for people who are already really good at maths? :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Didn't expect to find people posting here this late :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I guess I'm not the only insomniac then. Lovely and bright outside isn't it :pac:

Aspiring wrote: »
    I guess I'm not the only insomniac then. Lovely and bright outside isn't it :pac:

Those fúcking birds never shut up though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I know. It's as though they think it's time to get up when really it's bed time. Might just pull an all nighter to reset the ol body clock.

I can't hear any birds yet, but there's a cat driving me mad.

Ah Jesus it's gonna be really bright in like an hour... :( Can I not just live in darkness?

I need to sleep normally tbh

I need to sleep normally tbh

Would ya be bothered going to sleep at twenty past five? :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'm nineteen now :eek::eek:

Happy birthday :D
    thelad95 wrote: »
    Am I the only one here who has no money, no job, no plans and no social life? :(

Nope :(
    She's also known to engage in sexual acts with up to eight members

Can confirm

:pac:
    I really wouldn't have the patience to teach maths to someone, especially those who struggle with it :pac:

I wouldn't have the patience to teach anyone anything. Plus it can be a really hard job, if you want to be a good one that is.

I know one person who did it. It's like half of the honours paper in the same amount of time. I probably could've got an A1in it but I could've got a B in the higher paper..except it screwed me over and now I'm not even sure if I'll get a C :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement