Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

cferry3 wrote: »
    When does the man put up his predictions on YouTube, Eoin I think he's called, desperate times call for desperate measures!

He put up english last night, heaney and dickinson. I could have told ye that like :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

peekachoo wrote: »
    He put up english last night, heaney and dickinson. I could have told ye that like :pac:

I think hes very obvious and unaware. Like i remember for biology he said ecology photosynth respiration and genetics would come up.... duh.

Edit: Just watched his predictions video for english... pointless. It's as if only one poet comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

oncex wrote: »
    I think hes very obvious and unaware. Like i remember for biology he said ecology photosynth respiration and genetics would come up.... duh.

lol those chapters have never not come up, whats the youtube guy called? I might check him out anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Eoin Jackson!

Ah he's grand to be fair to prioritise for last minute cramming. Actually he was good for the aul geography predictions last year!
    but obviously just dont study what he says cos it's impossible to actually know what's on the papers!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭cferry3

Anyone got a link to the English one, can't find it anywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

cferry3 wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to the English one, can't find it anywhere!

Literally all he says is "Seamus Heaney, or failing that, Emily Dickinson", then some creepy LSD music comes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Would 21 'comparisons' in a GVV essay be enough..? :o

aleatorio wrote: »
    Would 21 'comparisons' in a GVV essay be enough..? :o

Obviously haha probably about 15 would be good enough

*and speaking of this, are you all learning 3 out of the 4 possible question types? Like we were only taught cultural context, GVV and theme of conflict. Are any of you doing that 4th type of Q that comes up sometimes in comparatve?

bb1234567 wrote: »

*and speaking of this, are you all learning 3 out of the 4 possible question types? Like we were only taught cultural context, GVV and theme of conflict. Are any of you doing that 4th type of Q that comes up sometimes in comparatve?

I don't think literary genre is on our course this year... Or else we're only doing 3 in school, I dunno :P

Ok, I had literally no clue how many was expected XD that said some of them are very weak observations :pac:

There's 4 'modes of comparison' in the English curriculum, but only 3 are prescribed for study each year, as in, literary genre will NOT come up, same as how say, Shakespeare won't come up in our poetry even though he was on last year :pac:

I'm only studying GVV and Cultural Context, one of them is guaranteed to come up :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Hotale.com wrote: »
    I don't think literary genre is on our course this year... Or else we're only doing 3 in school, I dunno :P

nope LG is not on our course this year. Learn 2 , and 1 will be guaranteed to come up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Literary Genre isn't on the course this year. It was on last year. It was kinda hard to write about. If you did a play you had to talk about how it was done on stage. Horrific.

The quality of the links is more important. You could have 20 superficial, waffly links and get a D or you could have ten good links and get an A.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Literary Genre isn't on the course this year. It was on last year. It was kinda hard to write about. If you did a play you had to talk about how it was done on stage. Horrific.

The quality of the links is more important. You could have 20 superficial, waffly links and get a D or you could have ten good links and get an A.

Well see I'm finding it hard to know what a good link is :o
    Can I get some clarification:
    'despite these poisonous relationships, both Sive and HMMTB contain more poignant, gentle relationships' good link/bad link?
    'However this opening is significantly less dramatic than the other two texts, as we the audience are less likely to take this instance of childhood bullying as seriously when juxtaposed against the image of a man awaiting death (HMMTB) or the vile words of a dysfunctional family interaction (Sive)' good link/bad link?

Would simply pointing out similarities and differences be enough or would stuff like that second one be better? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

'despite these poisonous relationships, both Sive and HMMTB contain more poignant, gentle relationships' good link/bad link?
    'However this opening is significantly less dramatic than the other two texts, as we the audience are less likely to take this instance of childhood bullying as seriously when juxtaposed against the image of a man awaiting death (HMMTB) or the vile words of a dysfunctional family interaction (Sive)' good link/bad link?

Would simply pointing out similarities and differences be enough or would stuff like that second one be better? :o

The second sentence, despite it making sense, is waay too long. Torture when my teacher was trying to get me to break up my sentences. Is it coherence it comes under?

Those are good imo but some people might say something like 'in both HMMB and Sive there is a husband and wife who argue regularly' which is just waffle.

LoveLamps wrote: »
    The second sentence, despite it making sense, is waay too long. Torture when my teacher was trying to get me to break up my sentences. Is it coherence it comes under?

Well obviously not all my sentences are that long, one or two surely can't be the end of the world, I generally get good coherence marks so I don't think it's an issue :pac:

Those are good imo but some people might say something like 'in both HMMB and Sive there is a husband and wife who argue regularly' which is just waffle.

Ahhh ok, I think I'm safe so :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

In geography If you only learned biomes or soils not both would you be ok?
    Because both always come up

Whats wrong with that? LIke I wouldnt say it in those words it doesnt sound that good but Im going to talk about the dysfunctional marriages and their fighting:P

In geography If you only learned biomes or soils not both would you be ok?
    Because both always come up

Nahh you need both. Im learning 3. Biomes and soils always come up yes but in different ways. You could learn the biomes characteristics essay but that wouldnt cover you for the biomes human interaction essay yanno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Theme or cultural context?

What's the biomes and soils option like? I've a friend doing it and he says it's piss easy compared to atmosphere & ocean (he does biomes and soils in grinds, A&O in school).

The only reason we do A&O in school is because our teacher says it's easier to get full marks in if you study it properly because so few schools do it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Nahh you need both. Im learning 3. Biomes and soils always come up yes but in different ways. You could learn the biomes characteristics essay but that wouldnt cover you for the biomes human interaction essay yanno

Sooo...would I be fine with human interaction with a biome,and characteristics of biome(climate,soil,flora,fauna)...like just them two?

What's the biomes and soils option like? I've a friend doing it and he says it's piss easy compared to atmosphere & ocean (he does biomes and soils in grinds, A&O in school).

The only reason we do A&O in school is because our teacher says it's easier to get full marks in if you study it properly because so few schools do it :P

Hard af. You have to learn like 2 A4 pages worth of notes 3x times over its impossible gahhh

Sooo...would I be fine with human interaction with a biome,and characteristics of biome(climate,soil,flora,fauna)...like just them two?

I think you would be ,yes. My teacher advised us to do the two soils questions and biome characteristics question so idk

What essays are people doing for Geoecology? The one's I have are:
    Characteristics of a Biome
    Characteristics of a soil type(latosols)
    Human interaction with soil

Whats human interaction with Biome like? I'm thinking of learning off a sample answer for it.

What essays are people doing for Geoecology? The one's I have are:
    Characteristics of a Biome
    Characteristics of a soil type(latosols)
    Human interaction with soil

Whats human interaction with Biome like? I'm thinking of learning off a sample answer for it.

IM doing the exact same three, except brown soil characteristics not latasols

Hard af. You have to learn like 2 A4 pages worth of notes 3x times over its impossible gahhh

A&O has about 15 four page essays to learn off...

WTF?!?!?!?

• Advertisement

:confused: How does your teacher expect you to learn that tho

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement