Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

bb1234567 wrote: »
    :confused: How does your teacher expect you to learn that tho

Don't ask me :P I've about 3 learned off by heart, another 5 half learned and some waft, the rest are yuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I'm doing soil characteristics and composition
    human interaction with soil
    effects of lithification podzolisation and weathering&erosion on soils
    and there's another one I can't remember. :o

might learn off a biome characteristics essay just in case.

peekachoo wrote: »
    I'm doing soil characteristics and composition
    human interaction with soil
    effects of lithification podzolisation and weathering&erosion on soils
    and there's another one I can't remember. :o

might learn off a biome characteristics essay just in case.

The exam's in ten days and you can't remember the title of an essay :rolleyes:

I SHOULD BE STUDYING BUT IT'S SO NICE AND SUNNY :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

went to sleep about 1ish last night and up about 9, not too bad. BUT IM DRAINED!!
    Wasted the day (10-2) in school doing NOTHING. Home now and haven't done anything cos Im so so so tired.

Thinking about just writing off today and going to bed now-ish (with the hope of being asleep before 10)

ugh ugh ugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

anyone here doing global interdependence for geography? what are you learning?

the weather is killing me, I closed my blinds :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

LoveLamps wrote: »
    went to sleep about 1ish last night and up about 9, not too bad. BUT IM DRAINED!!
    Wasted the day (10-2) in school doing NOTHING. Home now and haven't done anything cos Im so so so tired.

Thinking about just writing off today and going to bed now-ish (with the hope of being asleep before 10) ugh ugh ugh

Staying up until one will make you tired no matter what. You need to go to bed early. I'm going to bed at 9 every day. It's painful but will be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

thelad95 wrote: »
    Staying up until one will make you tired no matter what. You need to go to bed early. I'm going to bed at 9 every day. It's painful but will be worth it.

that's the plan from now onwards!
    What time would you be asleep by then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

I can't just 'go to bed' at whatever time.
    Yeh sure I can physically 'go to bed' at 9 but won't fall asleep 'til 12 :/

LoveLamps wrote: »
    that's the plan from now onwards!
    What time would you be asleep by then?

About half 9 nowadays
    I can't just 'go to bed' at whatever time.
    Yeh sure I can physically 'go to bed' at 9 but won't fall asleep 'til 12 :/

Even then your mind is relaxed and not being stimulated by TV/laptop/phones etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Macbeth essays!!! Kingship,l.m evokes sympathy and revulsion,and l.m is not a tragic hero like macbeth learned....
    What else would u advise studying?

• Advertisement

Macbeth essays!!! Kingship,l.m evokes sympathy and revulsion,and l.m is not a tragic hero like macbeth learned....

The main man himself? I don't know how anyone can leave MacBeth out tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

thelad95 wrote: »
    The main man himself? I don't know how anyone can leave MacBeth out tbh.

What macbeth would you study? I'm snookered for time I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

50125827.jpg

I'm guilty of it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Imagery question

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Imagery question

That came up last year I think, it would hardly come up twice in a row?

kingship, power, macbeth, lady macbeth, appearances, good vs evil, hopefully something along those comes up, if not, well.. :pac:

A character question's come up every year Macbeth's been on the course, surely we won't be so unlucky to get Banquo or Macdonwald or something? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭cferry3

Hotale.com wrote: »
    A character question's come up every year Macbeth's been on the course, surely we won't be so unlucky to get Banquo or Macdonwald or something? :pac:

Praying for Lady Macbeth!!

I don't think Banquo or Madcuff question would be well answered, there just isn't enough to them.. Well I don't think anyway

If Dickinson/Larkin, Lady Macbeth and General vision come up, I'll come out of that exam with a big smile on my face :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Aspiring wrote: »
    50125827.jpg

I'm guilty of it too.

a79941a56549bde4029a268e7ebce857859df9c66f09c99e69f61539936e6ec7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    If Dickinson/Larkin, Lady Macbeth and General vision come up, I'll come out of that exam with a big smile on my face :pac:

I'm with ya on that! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Is anyone else beginning to get those irrational fears that this years papers are all going to be harder than every other year :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Can someone please reassure me that I am not the only person here who has lots of stuff that they don't know yet. I only know 3 poets so far :(

aleatorio wrote: »
    Is anyone else beginning to get those irrational fears that this years papers are all going to be harder than every other year :o

Yeah I imagine some crazy scary things sometimes :pac:

Can someone please reassure me that I am not the only person here who has lots of stuff that they don't know yet. I only know 3 poets so far :(

I've Dickinson and Larkin learned and half of Plath.

3 isn't even that bad really, obviously you'd want 5 but most people I know only have Heaney (idiots :P).

For poetry would you refer to things like iambic trimeter or tetrameter? I've put them into my essays before, but effort of actually learning these :pac:
    Hotale.com wrote: »
    most people I know only have Heaney (idiots :P).

Imagine their shocked faces when they open the paper and Heaney isn't there :cool:

To be honest I'lll be annoyed if Heaney comes up and it's not a crazy hard question, would hate for people who study only one poet to get away with it:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Imagine their shocked faces when they open the paper and Heaney isn't there :cool:

To be honest I'lll be annoyed if Heaney comes up and it's not a crazy hard question, would hate for people who study only one poet to get away with it:rolleyes:

Same.. I have put so much effort into the other poets. It would be so disheartening for someone who only learned Heaney to do better than me.

For poetry would you refer to things like iambic trimeter or tetrameter? I've put them into my essays before, but effort of actually learning these :pac:

Ehm... what? :pac:

I really try to stay away from the technicalities of poetry when possible, I just don't like writing about it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

I know Yeats, Heaney and dickinson and my backup is Bishop. IMAGINE IF NONE OF THEM COME UP :eek:

The only reason I'm contemplating looking over a fifth is just be to less nervous on the day but other than that there's really no reason. I don't think I'll bother tbh :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement