Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Ehm... what? :pac:

I really try to stay away from the technicalities of poetry when possible, I just don't like writing about it :P

Yeah I hate it, it's just my teacher loves all that when it comes to lets say Dickinson :rolleyes: I think I'll leave all that out though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Is everyone else focusing on all their subjects these days? I am literally only studying for English, Geography and Maths :/

I have completely ignored French and Maths since the mocks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

A character question's come up every year Macbeth's been on the course, surely we won't be so unlucky to get Banquo or Macdonwald or something? :pac:

Macdonwald is much too small a character. Banquo could come up though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Is everyone else focusing on all their subjects these days? I am literally only studying for English, Geography and Maths :/

I'm doing geography and English, nothing else.

• Advertisement

Cant remember the last time I studied german:P Dont know what to study really other than pracistising comperehensions...and its last exam..I know Ill get atleast like a low B oral went great

But Yeah im only studying Biology,Geography English and Maths( because IM stupid and neglected it)

I keep thinking what if i fail maths.

That literally feels like the worst thing that could happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

How is people study for geography essays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    Imagine their shocked faces when they open the paper and Heaney isn't there :cool:

To be honest I'll be annoyed if Heaney comes up and it's not a crazy hard question, would hate for people who study only one poet to get away with it :rolleyes:
    Tbh, my gut feeling is that if he comes up at all, it will probably be a difficult enough question. Could be wrong ofc.

Mind you, if it is a straight-forward question, most of the country will do it, and examiners will be sick to death of him, and greet with glee an answer on someone else. No matter how you strive to be fair, it's difficult to summon up the will to live when confronted by hundreds of the same ol' same ol', let alone feel inspired to be generous!

How is people study for geography essays

I did notes earlier in the year, and now I just write them out until I've learned them.

I do 2 a day, but I might have to up that in the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 deedeebb

I love studying Larkin. But i've heard nothing about his chances for coming up this year? Is anybody else banking on Larkin and Dickinson??

deedeebb wrote: »
    I love studying Larkin. But i've heard nothing about his chances for coming up this year? Is anybody else banking on Larkin and Dickinson??

Yes, those two are definitely what I hope comes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I got a tip off that Fleance is coming up

I am just too stressed to study, I genuinely feel like just going to bed and not getting up for a week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Dickinson and Yeats please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I know most of you won't believe me but I actually KNOW what the Macbeth question will be.

"Young Siward plays a small but important role in the play Macbeth"
    Discuss the importance of his role and how it shapes the ending of the play.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

FatRat wrote: »
    I know most of you won't believe me but I actually KNOW what the Macbeth question will be.

Am I the only one who has no clue who Young Siward is? Or is this a joke that only smart people will get?

Am I the only one who has no clue who Young Siward is? Or is this a joke that only smart people will get?

Macbeth kills him towards the end of the play.. act 5, scene 7 maybe?

Nah think they'll ask about the significance of the Porters speech in act 2 scene 3 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 deedeebb

I really doubt they'll put both Heaney and Dickinson on the paper the whole country is studying them and they wouldn't be that nice! It'll definitely be either of them though

• Advertisement

FatRat wrote: »

If that came up I would rip up my exam paper there and then and leave and cry

I hope banquo comes up just so everyone will cry in the exam centre. Except those who prepared of course Mwahaha ;)

When people say they are studying Banquo what do they mean? Like what sort of stuff are they learning about Banquo?

When people say they are studying Banquo what do they mean? Like what sort of stuff are they learning about Banquo?

His quotes. It's clear he was suspicious of Macbeth, a good man, etc. from the quotes.

Aspiring wrote: »
    I hope banquo comes up just so everyone will cry in the exam centre. Except those who prepared of course Mwahaha ;)

We studied banquo and how he was a good man but his morals were deeply compromised over the course of the play

bb1234567 wrote: »
    We studied banquo and how he was a good man but his morals were deeply compromised over the course of the play

Sounds like a good teacher. Most would only do Macbeth/ Lady M. Maybe not even Lady M.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Construction Studies interview right after the written exam... struggles of an LCA student

Aspiring wrote: »
    His quotes. It's clear he was suspicious of Macbeth, a good man, etc. from the quotes.

I disagree with nearly everything people say about Macbeth... I don't think he was a good man at all :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

I disagree with nearly everything people say about Macbeth... I don't think he was a good man at all :confused:

You could say he was a paedophile...it's all the same as long as you can back it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Prove it. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement