Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

aleatorio wrote: »
    18 days...

Don't be thinking you're allowed to do that! STAHHHP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I'm looking forward to the results, it'll be interesting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Aspiring wrote: »

I am too, not the CAO offers though. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Aspiring wrote: »

Im looking forward to finally having the suspense over with... Not looking forward to the disappointment :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭HauntedGhost

Are yous all going to open them in the school or alone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

What makes you think I'm going to open it at all? :p

I plan on staring at the envelope while puling until the school kicks me out.

I'll do it in the school toilets, whilst weeping.

Now there's a sentence I wouldn't want people to hear out of context :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'll do it in the school toilets, whilst weeping.

Too. Many. Possibilities...Must. Resist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

In school, the minute I get them Im ripping it open, cant delay the inevitable :pac:

Have a feeling Ill cry, just from the relief of finally having it all over with.. :o

aleatorio wrote: »
    In school, the minute I get them Im ripping it open, cant delay the inevitable :pac:

Have a feeling Ill cry, just from the relief of finally having it all over with.. :o

I'll probably do it on the car incase I am disappointed, but if I am not I'll go back in to be nosey :D

I like the idea of doing it on the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I think ill open mine in front of everyone while belting out "All I do is win" at the top of my lungs. Confidence is key.

Macavity. wrote: »
    On the car?

man-on-taxi-roof.png

Maybe in the car would be better! :pac: Praise the lord for the points calculator app. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

I want to do it alone, then bust open the door of the room blaring black skinhead and act like Jordan belfort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Feck sake yere all forgetting the most important part of the day ye get yere results!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Feck sake yere all forgetting the most important part of the day ye get yere results!
    Hiding from the mother? :p

There'll be no hiding from my mother if she thinks I didn't get what I need! :pac:

Pull the curtains and lock the doors and windows so the relatives can't get to me.

Yeah at half 5 the following morning as ya stumble in the door :P

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Sucette!

You know on the day? Do the class teachers know what we got before we open the envelopes ourselves?

I remember in my school for the JC results, the teachers knew what we all got before we did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

Everyone goes in one by one and opens them in front of the principal in my school, same as we did for the Junior Cert. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    Everyone goes in one by one and opens them in front of the principal in my school, same as we did for the Junior Cert. :rolleyes:

That is such a shít idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Sucette! wrote: »
    You know on the day? Do the class teachers know what we got before we open the envelopes ourselves?

I remember in my school for the JC results, the teachers knew what we all got before we did!

Not for the LC as most teachers don't even bother coming in. They will know eventually but probably won't until they come back in late August/September.

AIRC, when we got our JC results, it was at the end of the day. Results are delivered on the results day I believe and for LC results day, anybody can come in at 9am to get their results before the teachers would know.

I would imagine your year head, principal and vice principal would know about your results before you do as they would be there early

That is such a shít idea.

It's annoying, like for the Junior Cert he was like and how do you feel about the results and what do you think you could have improved on? :pac:

10502318_886685854685760_632449996019744668_n.jpg

When I get my results. :rolleyes:

HugsiePie wrote: »
    .......what county are you from >.>

Mayo :cool:

It's annoying, like for the Junior Cert he was like and how do you feel about the results and what do you think you could have improved on? :pac:

well at least this time, if your happy with your results, you can tell him to go fúck a duck and walk off :p

What? That's ridiculous, I'd be more scared about the meeting than the actual results! It must take ages aswell.

In the way I look at it, the principal has no involvement in your results. Yes, it probably looks good for the school etc. But my own principal doesn't know the majority of the years names given there's ~100 in the year, he'd know who about 40 are by name, nothing else. It'd be the class teachers who I'd be more comfortable talking about results with, who were daily involved with us in areas even outside their subject area.

Sucette! wrote: »
    What? That's ridiculous, I'd be more scared about the meeting than the actual results! It must take ages aswell.

In the way I look at it, the principal has no involvement in your results. Yes, it probably looks good for the school etc. But my own principal doesn't know the majority of the years names given there's ~100 in the year, he'd know who about 40 are by name, nothing else. It'd be the class teachers who I'd be more comfortable talking about results with, who were daily involved with us in areas even outside their subject area.

25 in my year :pac:

25 in my year :pac:

Ahhh... That explains it in context xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

lads any good films to watch?

• Advertisement

HugsiePie wrote: »
    There was 120 in mine :P

:eek: Did your school cater for all of.... Carlow? :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement