Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

thelad95 wrote: »
    Prove it. :p

I don't have the time :pac:

He seemed just as affected by the witches' prophecies as Macbeth did when he first heard of it, only Banquo didn't have a psycho wife to egg him in. :P
    You could say he was a paedophile...it's all the same as long as you can back it up.

I'm just going to do an experiment after the Leaving and see if I can write an essay on pedophilia in Macbeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Hotale.com wrote: »
    I'm just going to do an experiment after the Leaving and see if I can write an essay on pedophilia in Macbeth.

do share it when you finish :pac:

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    do share it when you finish :pac:

Will do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

A character question's come up every year Macbeth's been on the course, surely we won't be so unlucky to get Banquo or Macdonwald or something? :pac:

Ah wouldn't it be hilarious if one question was on Young Siward, the other on Macdownwald? :pac:
    Actually no, please dont do that SEC, please.

Ah wouldn't it be hilarious if the one question was on Young Siward, the other on Macdownwald? :pac:
    Actually no, please dont do that SEC, please.

"The intimate relationship between Caithness and Angus has a major effect on the porter's drunkenness", discuss this statement with reference to the text.

That would be fun. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Yere gonna jynx it. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I disagree with nearly everything people say about Macbeth... I don't think he was a good man at all :confused:

I meant Banquo was a good man. Macbeth was a cnut in my opinion. On a separate topic: I can't see why people are always blaming Lady Macbeth, yeah she was a bit mad with the whole dashing her child's brains out but other than the manipulative stuff it was all Macbeth. From the meeting with the witches (before Lady M is even introduced) he's thinking about murdering Duncan - "why do I yield to that suggestion whose horrid image doth unfix my hair". Annoys me when people say he did it all because of Lady M, he's a scumbag!

Kinda felt like an English class there for a sec, sorry guys.

Aspiring wrote: »
    I meant Banquo was a good man. Macbeth was a cnut in my opinion. On a separate topic: I can't see why people are always blaming Lady Macbeth, yeah she was a bit mad with the whole dashing her child's brains out but other than the manipulative stuff it was all Macbeth. From the meeting with the witches (before Lady M is even introduced) he's thinking about murdering Duncan - "why do I yield to that suggestion whose horrid image doth unfix my hair". Annoys me when people say he did it all because of Lady M, he's a scumbag!

Kinda felt like an English class there for a sec, sorry guys.

I think they're both as bad as each other. If it wasn't for Lady Macbeth Macbeth would have talked himself out of the murder. At that stage of the play I actually sympathise with him, by the end of it he's a complete bollocks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I think they're both as bad as each other. If it wasn't for Lady Macbeth Macbeth would have talked himself out of the murder. At that stage of the play I actually sympathise with him, by the end of it he's a complete bollocks though.

The thing is we'll never know if perhaps eventually he would have succumbed to the idea of murdering Duncan anyway on his own without her manipulating him. I suppose it's safer to assume they were both at fault as you said. Gives you more quotes to play with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

I should really start doing some english.
    I've kind of been ignoring it for the last week or so.

Was just watching Britain's got talent. Just me? okay.. :o

• Advertisement

I should really start doing some english.
    I've kind of been ignoring it for the last week or so.

Was just watching Britain's got talent. Just me? okay.. :o

My opinion of Ed Sheeran changed drastically.

His guitar was beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

My opinion of Ed Sheeran changed drastically.

His guitar was beautiful.

Same! As soon as they announced him I was like 'ugh I don't like him why does everyone like him?' Now I'm pretty much addicted to the song :D

Same! As soon as they announced him I was like 'ugh I don't like him why does everyone like him?' Now I'm pretty much addicted to the song :D

I'm the same tbh :) he's usually not my thing at all but that was actually so good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I think if they were to throw a complete curveball question in Macbeth, like Young Siyward or w/ever I'd just bullsh*t my way through it/take the complete p*ss when writing it :pac: ain't nobody got time for dem games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Up bright and early. 7 days guys, work your hardest you ever have. Freaking out, but hope everything comes together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

The worst they could stretch to is the witches for the character Q I think. You can't rule out Banquo or Macduff, if you look a bit deeper, you see they both have a very significant role in the play.

Banquo was on in 2009 on the leaked paper so ya know......

There could be a combo of Macbeth and Lady Macbeth eg Macbeth is complex, LM is simple which would be a dream in my opinion.

On an unrelated note, has anyone done any work for paper 1? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Im starting at 9.30 and youve already done 2.5 hours!!

Lads for macbeth, with a question like "in macbeth, shakespeare presents us with a poweral vision of evil"
    How do you say he presented it? I talked about supernatural evil(evil for evil's sake-the witches), humanity's capacity for evil(M&LM), consequences of evil(M&LM's guilt/hallucinations) and finally triumph of good vs evil(malcolm&macduff)
    But, i didnt show HOW shakespeare presents us with it or HOW it's powerful and bombed it as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Im starting at 9.30 and youve already done 2.5
    I really can't stress the importance of getting up early enough. Bed at 10pm up at 6.45 breakfast, start at 7... It will also get you used to the early mornings next week when your inevitably going to get up to cram. Start tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

On an unrelated note, has anyone done any work for paper 1? :rolleyes:

Not Yet, I plan on doing Some Comprehending At the weekend and then a short story monday or tuesday mainly just for practicing my timing
    oncex wrote: »
    I really can't stress the importance of getting up early enough. Bed at 10pm up at 6.45 breakfast, start at 7... It will also get you used to the early mornings next week when your inevitably going to get up to cram. Start tomorrow :)

What time do you finish at?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 smtp95

You know how for Irish in the poetry section you can be asked to write about the life of the poet, do you think it's likely they could ask about the life of the author of the prós?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭cferry3

A few Biology questions in the IAA expt.
    How did you prepare the plant tissue?
    How long did u keep the plant tissue during the investigation?
    Under what conditions did you keep the plant tissue during the investigation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

oncex wrote: »

If u get up at 6:45 I couldn't study till 7:30/45 I need to shower eat clean room and watch a little bit skysports news check FB, before I could study

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

If u get up at 6:45 I couldn't study till 7:30/45 I need to shower eat clean room and watch a little bit skysports news check FB, before I could study

7:45 is still a really good time, most people I know get up at 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

How often do yas take breaks?
    Today im doing/have done 9.30-12.30 with about a 20 min break at 11. Then 12.30-4.30 with a 20 min break at 3. Then 5.30-8.30 with a 20 min break at 7.
    What do yas think?

Today im doing/have done 9.30-12.30 with about a 20 min break at 11. Then 12.30-4.30 with a 20 min break at 3. Then 5.30-8.30 with a 20 min break at 7.
    What do yas think?

I take tea breaks on an hourly basis, otherwise I'd have withdrawal symptoms...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

What do yas think?

Two hours, one hour break, later, rinse and repeat till about 10 o clock

So has this Eoin jackson guy ever had good predictions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I take tea breaks on an hourly basis, otherwise I'd have withdrawal symptoms...

Does anyone else here hate tea.....?

*runs and hides*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Did three hours of OL maths there and about 2:30 of it was productive :)

On an hour break now until I revise more Heaney!..

There is still SOOO much stuff I do not know :'(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Does anyone else here hate tea.....?

*runs and hides*

Yes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Yes!

Me too!

This discussion has been closed.