Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=721524&sort=newest

Looks like Board.ie had a good half an hour :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Who will be the top 4 in the Premier league next year? I reckon 1)City 2)Chelski 3/4/5)Between Pool, Arsenal and the Mancs, couldn't make a call yet tbh.

Macavity. wrote: »
    Who will be the top 4 in the Premier league next year? I reckon 1)City 2)Chelski 3/4/5)Between Pool, Arsenal and the Mancs, couldn't make a call yet tbh.

1. Chelsea
    2. Arsenal
    3. City
    4. Liverpool

United to finish 6th/7th unless they buy a few big players in the next few weeks, they're still shíte at the moment imo.

I don't think anyone is close to Chelsea or City atm. United will sign a few more players I'd imagine, I don't rate Herrera highly at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=721524&sort=newest

Looks like Board.ie had a good half an hour :pac:

Not really banned yet.

• Advertisement

Did you guys hear about Nuri Sahin (former soccer mod and long time poster) being exiled from boards forever?

There's a stickied thread about it in the soccer forum.

I don't think anyone is close to Chelsea or City atm. United will sign a few more players I'd imagine, I don't rate Herrera highly at all.

I dunno, I like the look of Arsenal. I think they'll do well next year unless they've their usual injury crisis, or if March happens again :rolleyes: Have City even bought someone yet?

I don't like Herrera either tbh, and I think Shaw is too young to make a difference at this stage.
    Nimr wrote: »
    Not really banned yet.

Why is that? I saw it in the banlist, seems strange.

Did you guys hear about Nuri Sahin (former soccer mod and long time poster) being exiled from boards forever?

There's a stickied thread about it in the soccer forum.

What was that actually about? :confused: Did he badmouth people on Twitter or what?

What was that actually about? :confused: Did he badmouth people on Twitter or what?

Not sure tbh, have no involvment in the twitter page myself. I always liked him as a poster though.

Not sure tbh, have no involvment in the twitter page myself. I always liked him as a poster though.

Yeah, I liked him too, he seemed to know his stuff.

Wait now for a soccer mod to turn up and ban us :pac:

• Advertisement

Why is that? I saw it in the banlist, seems strange.

Oh, they're temp banned but not banned banned. I'd say some mod 9 point banned the user to shut them up, an admin has to perma ban them. Look at the current ban duration and the 'Righteous Admin', it's the site itself.

Will I amnt and Rayne Wooney have to be the most biased posters I have ever seen. Impossible to have a discussion with.

Rayne Wooney is obviously a troll, can't believe he's still allowed access.
    Oh, they're temp banned but not banned banned. I'd say some mod 9 point banned the user to shut them up, an admin has to perma ban them. Look at the current ban duration and the 'Righteous Admin', it's the site itself.

Didn't even know that user account could do anything.. :p it's the first time it's banned anyone as well, maybe it's an automated ban or something?

Didn't even know that user account could do anything.. :p it's the first time it's banned anyone as well, maybe it's an automated ban or something?

Exactly, it's a temporary ban for recieving 9 infractions. The 'Boards.ie' account should disappear from the 'League of Bastards' again soon when an admin deals with it.

Exactly, it's a temporary ban for recieving 9 infractions. The 'Boards.ie' account should disappear from the 'League of Bastards' again soon when an admin deals with it.

You're such a Boards nerd Nim... :):p

No Rayne genuinely isn't a troll, he is 100% delusional however. ⚠

I can't wait to get my access back to take part in all that nonsense....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,774 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Can't believe I missed the football chat:(

Can't believe I missed the football chat:(

There's always time for a football chat :D give us your top 4 for next season :p

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

Did you not see Herrera in the pre season friendly the other night? looked tasty, that being said it is pre season. Supposedly we're back in the race for Di Maria, hopefully we get him and a decent defender. I don't rate Shaw at all..

Saxo wrote: »
    Did you not see Herrera in the pre season friendly the other night? looked tasty, that being said it is pre season. Supposedly we're back in the race for Di Maria, hopefully we get him and a decent defender. I don't rate Shaw at all..

Haven't seen any preseason matches yet tbh, wouldn't judge any players on them though. Are united playing on Sky tonight? Or was it last night?

The money ye spent on Shaw is ridiculous for a left back who's only, what, 19? (I know I can't say much about overspending seeing as I'm a Liverpool fan though... :rolleyes:) Di Maria would be a good buy for anyone to be fair, I'd prefer Shaqiri at Liverpool over him though, looks like he would suit the team better.

Who's this Strootman fella ye're after? I've only heard of him, don't think I've seen him play unless he was playing for holland at the WC and I never noticed him.. :p

Haven't seen any preseason matches yet tbh, wouldn't judge any players on them though. Are united playing on Sky tonight? Or was it last night?

The money ye spent on Shaw is ridiculous for a left back who's only, what, 19? (I know I can't say much about overspending seeing as I'm a Liverpool fan though... :rolleyes:) Di Maria would be a good buy for anyone to be fair, I'd prefer Shaqiri at Liverpool over him though, looks like he would suit the team better.

Who's this Strootman fella ye're after? I've only heard of him, don't think I've seen him play unless he was playing for holland at the WC and I never noticed him.. :p
    They're playing tonight ya against Roma, LVG made Cleverely captain for tonight there's uproar over it.
    I think it was stupid to buy him at that age, he should have stayed and developed at Southampton instead. we could have bought Rodriguez from Wolfzburg for half the money and he is far better, easily top 5 LB in the world atm and he is being completely overlooked. Di Maria has moved to central midfield as Bale took his position so he has had to adapt his play style a bit, would be good at liverpool in a false 9 postion maybe with sturridge and sterling on the wings.
    Strootman is a central midfielder/playmaker and for his age he's an incredible talent, he moved to Roma this year but he tore his ACL so he hasn't played most of the year, Roma won't sell him Totti is mentoring him I think..

• Advertisement

They're playing tonight ya against Roma, LVG made Cleverely captain for tonight there's uproar over it.
    I think it was stupid to buy him at that age, he should have stayed and developed at Southampton instead. we could have bought Rodriguez from Wolfzburg for half the money and he is far better, easily top 5 LB in the world atm and he is being completely overlooked. Di Maria has moved to central midfield as Bale took his position so he has had to adapt his play style a bit, would be good at liverpool in a false 9 postion maybe with sturridge and sterling on the wings.
    Strootman is a central midfielder/playmaker and for his age he's an incredible talent, he moved to Roma this year but he tore his ACL so he hasn't played most of the year, Roma won't sell him Totti is mentoring him I think..

Cleverly as captain!?!? :pac: That's like us making Kolo captain :rolleyes:

The most ridiculous part about buying Shaw is that if ye waited 2 years chances are that he'd be the same price, or less maybe, and he'd have two extra years experience so ye'd have a better idea of what quality player he is. He could still end up being absolutely useless seeing that he's so young, the comparisons to Bale are a joke.

Di Maria's a waste in midfield imo, his crosses are unbelievable, definitely better as a winger, don't get me wrong though, I'd be happy if we signed him :p How do you think Liverpool are set for the new season? It looks like we'll have a class team in 2 or 3 years imo, I think most of the players are too young atm to be challenging for the title though. We still need a big name signing as well I think.

You wouldn't blame them for not selling him if they think he can replace Totti in fairness.

Cleverly as captain!?!? :pac: That's like us making Kolo captain :rolleyes:

The most ridiculous part about buying Shaw is that if ye waited 2 years chances are that he'd be the same price, or less maybe, and he'd have two extra years experience so ye'd have a better idea of what quality player he is. He could still end up being absolutely useless seeing that he's so young, the comparisons to Bale are a joke.

Di Maria's a waste in midfield imo, his crosses are unbelievable, definitely better as a winger, don't get me wrong though, I'd be happy if we signed him :p How do you think Liverpool are set for the new season? It looks like we'll have a class team in 2 or 3 years imo, I think most of the players are too young atm to be challenging for the title though. We still need a big name signing as well I think.

You wouldn't blame them for not selling him if they think he can replace Totti in fairness.
    I think Van Gaal is just showing everyone he has a sense of humor. :p
    With all the hype about him now and at his age he will either become very good or flop, there won't be an in between I don't think. If I had that much attention and hype about me I think I'd lose the head a bit! hopefully he is mature enough to handle it.
    Di Maria's passing game is not too shabby at all and his pace is unbelievable on the counter, there's something about him he just seems to be miles faster than anyone else when running even beside the likes of Bale or Ronaldo!

Ye won't be the same without Suarez I'd say ye'll be a bit quiet for the next few months unless Sturridge comes out with some good form straight away, Coutinho and Lallana will keep ye sharp on the passing and Sterling's a rocket too. Agger could be leaving ye that'll be a rough blow to ye!

Strootman isn't as attacking as Totti but he has the shooting capabilities, he'll be a big player in a few years.

Anyone else watching Tomorrowland Live? looks absolutely mental :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

kanye gets such a hard time, he is a musical genius

I haven't seen him in pre season but I saw him a few times when he played in La Liga. I just think United hugely overpaid for him. He's nearly 25 and has not only failed to establish himself internationally, but hasn't even been capped at senior level for Spain which speaks for itself really. Di Maria would be a great signing.

United and Arsenal have been linked with him pretty much every transfer window. Unbelievable hype over him a few years ago, I think he's decent but nothing special. 24 years old now and I don't think he'll be improving hugely. United apparently won't be signing him from what I've read recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,774 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

There's always time for a football chat :D give us your top 4 for next season :p

Same as yours actually :p

You'd really have to feel bad for Wexford... :(

Best Judge Judy moment.

So, some random girl added me on Facebook. She looks like she is of the Asian origin (possibly China) and is living in the USA. I have no idea who she is and have no mutual friends with her. Why do people do this? :confused:

• Advertisement

Also Remy deal has fallen through, failed a medical. Very odd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement