Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Well yeah, there's them, they're definitely bandwagoners :p There's some absolute gobshítes on the GAA forum though that act as if you're the most audacious fúcker ever for looking for 2 AI final tickets even though you've only went to 3 league games and attended all games from the provincial semi-final onwards... :rolleyes:

Bandwagoners are what makes the games as good as they are though, without them there'd be feck all at the finals. There were only like 25000 at the All-Ireland QF last year for example when there were 4 teams involved, about 2000 of which were from Clare, and they still got allocated 30000-ish tickets for the final.. :rolleyes:

D'you know what I hate as well? 3 year olds at AI finals. What a bloody waste of a ticket. There were at least 30 in close proximity to us when we went up last year.. :mad:

What's even worse than this is clueless tourists who seem to somehow find a ticket. Germans, French, even Australian people can often be found at All-Ireland finals. F*ck knows how they get tickets.

The GAA and soccer forums are hostile places at the best of times in fairness.

They changed it for the replays :p

On a side note: The replay on the Saturday evening last year was at a better time than the first game, I think they should put more matches on that late in Croke Park :p

I'd say twas some night out in.. Clare as well :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

They changed it for the replays :p

On a side note: The replay on the Saturday evening last year was at a better time than the first game, I think they should put more matches on that late in Croke Park :p

Did they? My memory from that day is fairly patchy to say the least haha
    I thought they were the same price for the 2012 replay tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

thelad95 wrote: »
    I'd say twas some night out in.. Clare as well :P

We'll keep quiet about the result now... :p
    What's even worse than this is clueless tourists who seem to somehow find a ticket. Germans, French, even Australian people can often be found at All-Ireland finals. F*ck knows how they get tickets.

The GAA and soccer forums are hostile places at the best of times in fairness.

The foreigners are probably business partners of some company associated with the GAA. I actually can't stand it as an organisation, too much political bullshít.

Don't like the GAA forum that much tbh, some amount of shíte talk goes on in there... mainly from your countymen if you don't mind me saying :p :pac:

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    Did they? My memory from that day is fairly patchy to say the least haha
    I thought they were the same price for the 2012 replay tho

Nah, they definitely dropped the prices a bit for both replays. I'm fairly sure anyway.. :pac:

• Advertisement

The foreigners are probably business partners of some company associated with the GAA. I actually can't stand it as an organisation, too much political bullshít.

Don't like the GAA forum that much tbh, some amount of shíte talk goes on in there... mainly from your countymen if you don't mind me saying :p :pac:

Says a corkman? :P

Says a corkman? :P

Lies! :p There's feck all gobshítes from Cork on there because the majority of our hurling following are far too retarded to use a computer, and the footballers are playing shít so that crowd keep quiet :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Nah, they definitely dropped the prices a bit for both replays. I'm fairly sure anyway.. :pac:

All I know is I handed over money in the middle of the pub for a ticket and never even checked if it was a ticket :rolleyes:

Any way ye won't be worrying about the price of a ticket for the final these year anyway :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I feel so sick.

Ah lads, that thread where people are suggesting flaying prisoners alive is gas! :D Just the sort of comedy I need on a Tuesday afternoon.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Ah lads, that thread where people are suggesting flaying prisoners alive is gas! :D Just the sort of comedy I need on a Tuesday afternoon.. :pac:

link?

Macavity. wrote: »
    I'm in my Mum's car.

I'm in your Mum's car too :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Anyone had any luck looking for houses around UCD? I know most of you are probably down for student accommodation but I definitely won't get that. I've had a look on daft but I don't even know what exactly I'll be looking for!

If any of you hear of a room going in a house with other first years please let me know. I'm fairly sound and a good man for a few pints. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

robman60 wrote: »
    Anyone had any luck looking for houses around UCD? I know most of you are probably down for student accommodation but I definitely won't get that. I've had a look on daft but I don't even know what exactly I'll be looking for!

If any of you hear of a room going in a house with other first years please let me know. I'm fairly sound and a good man for a few pints. :p

What number are you on the list for UCD?

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    link?

No point, the thing never kicked off tbh. Worst it got was a guy suggesting flaying repeat offenders alive, he even offered to do it himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Aspiring wrote: »
    What number are you on the list for UCD?

3500 or thereabouts. Not a hope really. I still think it's silly that it wouldn't accept my application because I didn't have a UCD course on my CAO at the time the accommodation went up. I had just filled it in January to meet the deadline and had intended to change it as necessary after the change of mind opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

I'm in my Mum's car.

Broom broom

That "My Mum's Car" thing actually hurts my brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Get out of my car.

No.

I thought this thread was heading in a totally different direction!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057259402

:D

It still sounds somewhat like the start of a dodgy erotica novel..

• Advertisement

Two weeks :eek:

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    Two weeks :eek:

Thought you weren't nervous? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭HauntedGhost

I'm excited for the results, I LOVE IT!

Maybe love is a too strong word though :P

Thought you weren't nervous? :p

I'm not I'm excited :D

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    I'm not I'm excited :D

I'm getting kinda nervous now tbh.. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Who is going to the national college of Ireland ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭HauntedGhost

HugsiePie wrote: »
    So who's all going to be attending NUIG next year if all goes well :D

I will be hopefully :D

Who is going to the national college of Ireland ?

I'm not but I have a friend who went there last year who really liked it. It's kinda small so it's easy enough to meet new people and the location (on the quays) is excellent. Your near enough Grafton Street and O'Connell Street not to mention the o2 arena for concerts. :)

HugsiePie wrote: »
    So who's all going to be attending NUIG next year if all goes well :D

Hopefully :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

I hope every ones been praying that they will give you attempt marks for anything in maths because I have every night

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement