Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Wouldn't they under stand if you got a once off payment and still pay you the money, pretty mean of them not to.

Thankfully not in that situation :)

It'll be grand after next year, won't have to include it on the 2014 accounts.

You have to include inheritance in the income, and one of my parents (along with 6 siblings) inherited an "asset" (is that even the word? :pac: it's a thing anyway, I value my privacy so I'm not saying what it is... :rolleyes:) which is worth way more than the threshold level so I can't get the grant. :( And they can't even sell the f*cking thing so it's not even real income :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

It'll be grand after next year, won't have to include it on the 2014 accounts.

You have to include inheritance in the income, and one of my parents (along with 6 siblings) inherited an "asset" (is that even the word? :pac: it's a thing anyway, I value my privacy so I'm not saying what it is... :rolleyes:) which is worth way more than the threshold level so I can't get the grant. :( And they can't even sell the f*cking thing so it's not even real income :rolleyes:

So for example say if I'm finished college working full time and still leaving with my parents in 5 years when my youngest brother is applying for a grant, my income would be included for the assessment ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Oh woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Maths!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Theres a guy in the Grads whos studying mathematical science in NUIG....so stick around and yee can have mad bants about matrices and the inverse of logs and what not when yee finally get access. I meet a girl actually who wnted med but didnt get the points so she decided to do a maths degree instead-through Arts :D

I was looking at Maths and education, through Arts but then I realised I wouldn't have the patience to teach people Maths :P

So for example say if I'm finished college working full time and still leaving with my parents in 5 years when my youngest brother is applying for a grant, my income would be included for the assessment ?

Don't think so, your parents can probably just say you're not paying rent...

If they put what you'd be giving them down in their accounts then they'd have to count it I think.

Don't think so, your parents can probably just say you're not paying rent...

If they put what you'd be giving them down in their accounts then they'd have to count it I think.

Grand - that would be a bit unfair.
    It would be great if you could get full maintenance and the dole. We'd be loaded.
    Not gonna happen :(

• Advertisement

I think summer is my least favourite season. :rolleyes:

Kayleigh.. wrote: »

"The season to be jolly" is way worse.

I can't wait for winter. Tea,jumpers and fires. And no need to feel guilty for not
    Going out.

I just want Halloween over. I hate it.
    As soon as it's over Christmas begins :):) love it.

I dont blame you.......like what exactly can a maths teacher do tohel you learn....all they can do is take you through a few sample problems and hope to hell it clicks with you. Awful job imo (my uncle is a maths teacher......his hairline quickly receded :P) and when I moved from hl to ol youll find some ones in your class that cant even do quadratic equations-youve only been doing them for the past 6 years....how the heck is a teacher supposed to deal with that? :eek:

I couldn't stand it, I'd need a really good class full of people who could pick it up easy, I've no patience when it comes to Maths.

I was supposed to help my younger sister catch up in Maths during the summer, she struggled with area, gave up after two torturous hours.

"The season to be jolly" is way worse.

I think summer is so much worse, the weather, how it just drags on after the first month, I live so far from everyone that I see no one other than my family for like three months. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

I just want someone to stroke my hair and tell me "Everything will be fine, you will get your points AND pass maths" while they feed me biscuits and we watch sex in the city.

Badwulf wrote: »
    I just want someone to stroke my hair and tell me "Everything will be fine, you will get your points AND pass maths" while they feed me biscuits and we watch sex in the city.

It's "Sex AND The City".

No I don't watch it...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

It's "Sex AND The City".
    No.

I want to watch Sex IN the City

These culchies arent as adventurous as the town folk :pac:

I have news for you

Galway has awful wind and rain......the weather gets worse the more westerly you go

Youll beside Salthill at NUIG :pac:

People I know who ae in college in Dublin hate coming home cause the weather is far worse in "Carlow" the weather is better in "Carlow" than Galway :P

Ah I'm used to it, I live like a 5-10 minute walk from 520ft cliffs, it's always windy here.

Once when I was younger my trampoline blew away and broke into like multiple pieces. :(

My mother hates it because she can never put up hanging baskets cause they'd last maybe three days. :rolleyes:

Youll be a natural then

I think there was actually a day I decided not to go to college cause it was too windy nd I was like Im not riding my bike through that :p

College made me very lazy.....and frugal :p

I wanna go to Galway, the shít weather sounds fantastic :(

Youll be a natural then

I think there was actually a day I decided not to go to college cause it was too windy nd I was like Im not riding my bike through that :p

College made me very lazy.....and frugal :p

I'm so excited to start :D

I should buy a map cause I'll probably get lost a lot :pac:

Where are ya staying for the year?

Not a clue :pac:
    I'm not very organised :p

So thats a no to student accomadation :rolleyes:

I was the exact same last year.....

Apply for Gort and Cuirt anyways (as well as Corrib-you never know)-they say theyre booked out but I applied last year after CAO offers (they were booked out then also apparently) and got in (I was willing to share a room with a stranger thats how I got in) you could try Dunaras either......alot of first years stay out there I believe. Its bit of a trek but theres a bus service.

I already applied for a few yeah but they were all full, I'll sort something out sure :P

Do.......or else youll end up living in...........DIGGS :eek::eek::eek:

:pac:

I'd rather take a year out tbh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭HauntedGhost

I'll be in Corrib :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Student accomodation sounds more stressful than the LC and CAO..
    Two weeks :eek:

Don't be that person, Kayleigh :p
    So who's all going to be attending NUIG next year if all goes well :D

Boooooo
    Theres a guy in the Grads whos studying mathematical science in NUIG

Who? :eek:

ChemHickey (I wont say his real name here)

I thought he was studying Chemistry :o

Speaking of nerds (:pac:) what do you plan on doing next year?

8 out 10 of my CAO choices has something to do with Physics. Another one is Engineering and the last one is Economics, Politics and Law in DCU.

So, something to do with Physics, I guess. More than likely General Entry to Science in DCU, Theoretical Physics in Trinity if the points drop again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Nimr wrote: »
    8 out 10 of my CAO choices has something to do with Physics. Another one is Engineering and the last one is Economics, Politics and Law in DCU.

So, something to do with Physics, I guess. More than likely General Entry to Science in DCU, Theoretical Physics in Trinity if the points drop again.

Thats a mostly maths based course btw (I know someone in it)

Parrently its also bit of a sausage fest :pac:

I know its not the same buuuuuuuuuuuuuut

multiple-choice.jpg

HugsiePie wrote:
    Thats a mostly maths based course btw (I know someone in it)
    I know, Finny :p Doesn't really bother me.

How long do you reckon before I drop out? :pac:

Macavity. wrote: »
    The people are REAL. The cases are REAL. The rulings are final.

5a362298cf61c2f24b710024d363c099ef19e2a48780f18b8da93ebfe6bc2b22.jpg

I'm hilarious tbh :P

2w5pqw1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Huell wrote: »
    Are culchies allowed in trinity?
    More culchies in Trinity than non-culchies ...
    Do I just have to pay the student contribution next year, or do you have to pay tuition fees as well if you don't get SUSI? If I have to pay tuition fees as well I'll have to put off college for a year...
    You would only have to pay tuition fees if you were repeating the year.
    Badwulf wrote: »
    I thought you were male!
    It's "Sex AND The City".
    You, on the other hand ... no surprise! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Does anyone know what happens if you don't know if you've got the grant or not by the time college starts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,774 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Does anyone know what happens if you don't know if you've got the grant or not by the time college starts?

You fail :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement