Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Is it too late to be getting out of bed? :pac: Made the terrible decision to start playing The Last of Us at 2 last night, played it till half 6 :o

Playing the Last of Us is never a bad decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

I love the little festivals that towns have :rolleyes:
    My mothers set for her fifth night out in a row, I'm giving up after two :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    I love the little festivals that towns have :rolleyes:
    My mothers set for her fifth night out in a row, I'm giving up after two :pac:

Ye must be loaded.

Ye must be loaded.

Ah not really :rolleyes:

Dem fireworks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Watching HIMYM too. These classic episodes almost make me forget about the sh1tty (IMO) ending :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I loved it <3

Why the hate man?

They didn't have to
    kill the mother
    just so he could
    get with Robin
    (which was just to please the fans ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I don't get why do people hate the series finale of HIMYM. I thought it was good. Closed up any questions and tells us what happened in the future.

Although with that ending, it definitely tells us that there wouldn't be any sort of spin-off or another season remade in 5-10 years time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I don't get why do people hate the series finale of HIMYM. I thought it was good. Closed up any questions and tells us what happened in the future.

Although with that ending, it definitely tells us that there wouldn't be any sort of spin-off or another season remade in 5-10 years time

They dedicated a whole series to 1 weekend

The show had run its course

Also one word..........Joey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I don't need to sell my soul.
    He's already in me.

I want to be adored.

• Advertisement

Macavity. wrote: »
    I don't need to sell my soul.
    He's already in me.

I want to be adored.

Some song. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Its a generally collective opinion that the HIMYM ending was a steaming sack of shít.
    (And I agree :P)
    It got such backlash that the producers released an alternative ending sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Here lads, sorry to hijack your thread, but I've a question for ye, since this stuff is still fresh in your heads and not mine!

p8fZqzC.jpg
    Just doing a quadratic equation for chemistry equilibriums and for the life of me I can't figure out how they got 5.25x*2 -43.75x +76.5625=0

I'm getting x*2/x*2 -7x +x*2=0.

Been a fair few years since I've done these so the "/v" is throwing me off a bit.

I'd post in the chem forum, but that place is dead and I don't have the time to wait around for a reply.

Cheers

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    but I've a question for ye, since this stuff is still fresh in your heads

Ha! Good one.

Here lads, sorry to hijack your thread, but I've a question for ye, since this stuff is still fresh in your heads and not mine!

p8fZqzC.jpg
    Just doing a quadratic equation for chemistry equilibriums and for the life of me I can't figure out how they got 5.25x*2 -43.75x +76.5625=0

I'm getting x*2/x*2 -7x +x*2=0.

Been a fair few years since I've done these so the "/v" is throwing me off a bit.

I'd post in the chem forum, but that place is dead and I don't have the time to wait around for a reply.

Cheers

Oh Jesus the one thing I never got on the chemistry course! Give me maybe 10 minutes and I'll try my best to get my head around it, not making any promises though!

What page is that in ReviseWise?

Oh Jesus the one thing I never got on the chemistry course! Give me maybe 10 minutes and I'll try my best to get my head around it, not making any promises though!

What page is that in ReviseWise?

It's already far too basic for what's on my exam, but I need a strong set of basics to build on.

I'd be grand if it weren't for the /v, can't remember the rules for dealing with stuff like that anymore.

It's already far too basic for what's on my exam, but I need a strong set of basics to build on.

I'd be grand if it weren't for the /v, can't remember the rules for dealing with stuff like that anymore.

I'm nearly at that stage already! I'm fairly sure it's because the number of moles of a substance over its volume will give you the concentration in moles per litre.. You've probably already figured that out though so I'm probably no help to you.. :rolleyes: Equilibrium is the one thing I despised on the course. :( I don't think there's anyone else here who does chemistry either so I'm sorry if I was no help.. :p

EDIT: Rainbowtrout is online if you want to ask him/her, he/she is a chemistry teacher and was quite helpful on here around the time of the chemistry exam. He/she could probably help you out.

I'm nearly at that stage already! I'm fairly sure it's because the number of moles of a substance over its volume will give you the concentration in moles per litre.. You've probably already figured that out though so I'm probably no help to you.. :rolleyes: Equilibrium is the one thing I despised on the course. :( I don't think there's anyone else here who does chemistry either so I'm sorry if I was no help.. :p

I know how to do it, the chemistry side of it, it's just that I forget what to do with /v to make it feck off and give me the answer they got.

I suppose this is a maths question regarding quadratic equations than anything else.

If only my college equilibrium problems were this simple. I'm dreading how to figure them out!

I know how to do it, the chemistry side of it, it's just that I forget what to do with /v to make it feck off and give me the answer they got.

I suppose this is a maths question regarding quadratic equations than anything else.

If only my college equilibrium problems were this simple. I'm dreading how to figure them out!

In the example above, I'm nearly sure all the "/v" would cancel since everything is divided by "/v"
    It is only there so that you're working in concentration and not simply moles. If it was 4 moles in an 8 L vessel then you would be using a 0.5 figure since it's 4/8.
    That's how I would understand it but it's been over a year since my LC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

The v's all cancel out so you're just left with a relatively simple quadratic.

10588992_10204217961510771_1030676421_n.jpg?oh=da4b3216d33cf6e25436e3e409a6039a&oe=53E2900E&__gda__=1407360031_fcddaf65b5812d887e40419d5c714c94

• Advertisement

Slow Show wrote: »
    The v's all cancel out so you're just left with a relatively simple quadratic.

10588992_10204217961510771_1030676421_n.jpg?oh=da4b3216d33cf6e25436e3e409a6039a&oe=53E2900E&__gda__=1407360031_fcddaf65b5812d887e40419d5c714c94

Sound. Something so simple I'd completely forgotten how to do

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Sucette!

Sound. Something so simple I'd completely forgotten how to do

Doesn't V just stand for the volume of the vessel? Like if the question said 10L vessel you'd put 10 in (divide everything by 10) because you need the answer in m/l not m/10L. If there's no capacity of the vessel given in the question then that means the volume is normal and will just cancel out eachother, or you could simply just put 1 in I.e assume 1 litre vessel?

That was what our Chem teacher used to say, from what I remember anyway it was always
    At equilibrium/volume in litres.

Thank f*ck I won't have to do any of that shíte again.

He says hopefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Sucette!

Thank f*ck I won't have to do any of that shíte again.

He says hopefully...

*crosses fingers*

We''ll have to pray silently untill next week xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Sucette! wrote: »
    Doesn't V just stand for the volume of the vessel? Like if the question said 10L vessel you'd put 10 in (divide everything by 10) because you need the answer in m/l not m/10L. If there's no capacity of the vessel given in the question then that means the volume is normal and will just cancel out eachother, or you could simply just put 1 in I.e assume 1 litre vessel?

That was what our Chem teacher used to say, from what I remember anyway it was always
    At equilibrium/volume in litres.

I think it stands for vagina but that's just me :rolleyes:

I'm getting nervous now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    I'm getting nervous now :(
    I havent slept well in 2 weeks :(

Huell wrote: »
    I havent slept well in 2 weeks :(

Yeah I was awake until 7 this morning and then finally slept :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭HauntedGhost

Nothing stops me from sleeping not even the leaving results :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

jamo2oo9 wrote: »

HIMYM went on two or three seasons too far. So did the Office which should have ended with the departure of Michael Scott.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement