Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

thelad95 wrote: »
    HIMYM went on two or three seasons too far. So did the Office which should have ended with the departure of Michael Scott.

That's the problem with American shows - they turn a profit, hence there is a disincentive to end them. Contrast the Simpsons with the IT Crowd - public funding reduces the profit motive, so programmes may end on a high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

That's the problem with American shows - they turn a profit, hence there is a disincentive to end them. Contrast the Simpsons with the IT Crowd - public funding reduces the profit motive, so programmes may end on a high.

The Simpsons should have ended 15 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

The Simpsons should have ended 15 years ago.

Some of episodes in recent years have had glimpses of the good years of the simpsons, but not many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Exact thing that happened to Revenge. Should have been a one season show.
    Same with Pretty Little Liars.

Supernatural too, it's on season 9 or 10 and it got terrible after season 5.
    Sigh.

Big Bang Theory should have ended around season 5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

I hate television shows tbh, can never watch a full season of any of them.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Sucette! wrote: »
    Doesn't V just stand for the volume of the vessel? Like if the question said 10L vessel you'd put 10 in (divide everything by 10) because you need the answer in m/l not m/10L. If there's no capacity of the vessel given in the question then that means the volume is normal and will just cancel out eachother, or you could simply just put 1 in I.e assume 1 litre vessel?

That was what our Chem teacher used to say, from what I remember anyway it was always
    At equilibrium/volume in litres.

Interesting question, the best definition would be that it stands for the volume of the reaction mixture. Think of 7L of aqueous HCl in a 10L container. If you were told there was 2 moles of HCl present, to get the concentration of HCl it would be 2/7 not 2/10. However, if the reaction involved gases, the volume of the reaction mixture and the vessel volume would be the same as the gas would diffuse into the available space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

IT Crowd has 6 episodes a season, similarly, so does Peep Show and Father Ted. I think it's the main reason British sitcoms are so much better than US ones which usually have 20 +. They can filter out a lot of unfunny material.

I think Peep Show is brilliant.

Kevin Hart is the best <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Its only still alive cos they bring in new main characters. Most recent of which being Stewart and that redhead Raj is with.

peekachoo wrote: »
    Supernatural too, it's on season 9 or 10 and it got terrible after season 5.
    Sigh.

Finally someone who agrees with me! If I had to watch another damn episode with a shapeshifter in it I was gonna scream. The French Mistake in season 6 is hysterical.
    It's going to have 10 seasons; possibly more. :rolleyes:
    HugsiePie wrote: »
    Id say the comedy in the UK faroutweighs American comedy.
    Did America send you to Ireland for saying this? :P

Its a very sensitive issue >.>

;)

Finally someone who agrees with me! If I had to watch another damn episode with a shapeshifter in it I was gonna scream. The French Mistake in season 6 is hysterical.

The ending of s5 was very final and apparently they were meant to end it there but it got recommissioned. I got to the end of s7 and gave up. So frustrating because I absolutely laaaahved supernatural.

The ending of s5 was very final and apparently they were meant to end it there but it got recommissioned. I got to the end of s7 and gave up. So frustrating because I absolutely laaaahved supernatural.

I'm pretty sure I ended after season 5 but I did love it! They need new characters outside the main 3 that they're not gonna kill after 4 episodes. It'd give the show new flavour :D

I'm pretty sure I ended after season 5 but I did love it! They need new characters outside the main 3 that they're not gonna kill after 4 episodes. It'd give the show new flavour :D

Exactly! !!

Still though. Sam and Dean<3

Katt Williams is very funny though. :P

what did you make of that skit then?

It's not particularly funny but most of the references went over my head. I like a lot of his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭FHB

Or season 1.

Before it, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yoajing

oh man oh man oh man how is it that no one's worried about the d-day when we get our results back? literally a week left

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

It's definitely next Wednesday we get them yeah? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Sucette!

It's definitely next Wednesday we get them yeah? :pac:

Is it actaully 9 or 10 that schools are generally open? I thought it would be 9, but I have friends saying 10?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Sucette! wrote: »
    Is it actaully 9 or 10 that schools are generally open? I thought it would be 9, but I have friends saying 10?

Not a clue, but I imagine we'll be contacted by our schools to tell us :p

Had my first results dream last night :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Had my first results dream last night :P

Well, go on.. :p

Nimr wrote: »
    Well, go on.. :p

It was really weird actually it was all the girls from my year last year and everyone had a set time to get their results like the orals? And we were on the third floor waiting for some reason and
    (Did ye ever see the guy in either britain or americas got talent that played music on giant strings attached to the roof?) One of my friends started playing The View From The Afternoon on the strings while we waited and this bald man with glasses who was apparently a teacher got thick at her and I was like "wow girl that was beautiful" and he pushed me down the 3 flights of stairs so I never did get my results :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

And we were on the third floor waiting for some reason
    Ooh, third floor! La-di-daah.
    (Did ye ever see the guy in either britain or americas got talent that played music on giant strings attached to the roof?)

Nope :P
    and he pushed me down the 3 flights of stairs so I never did get my results :pac::pac:

I don't think I'll ever understand why you didn't stop him after the first one :pac:

There's nothing lah dee dah about walking up around 80 steps first thing on a monday morning :o

This guy:

And my friend was playing this song on it :pac:

And I dunno why I didnt stop him, it was a dream!!! :P

My school has one floor :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

image.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement