Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Reddit > Boards.

This website's saving grace is that it's fairly local and in AH you can get to know posters' personalities whereas reddit's community is too big. Also this website is over modded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Macavity. wrote: »
    Reddit > Boards.

This website's saving grace is that it's fairly local and in AH you can get to know posters' personalities whereas reddit's community is too big. Also this website is over modded.

I have an extreme dislike for Reddit, in case you haven't noticed. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I have an extreme dislike for Reddit, in case you haven't noticed. :p

The comments on there are funny as fook tho you have to admit :D

Aspiring wrote: »
    The comments on there are funny as fook tho you have to admit :D

It looks like they all believe it. :eek:

It looks like they all believe it. :eek:

I think they were playing along to influence the next chapter of the story. You can see in part 2 of it the comments from part one actually influenced the story. Its a bit interactive which is cool and only makes it more real and therefore creepy. But I don't think they believe its actually happening :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Reddit > Boards.

So you prefer the extreme level of bigotry seen on Reddit?

Reddit is undermoderated.

The only good subs, such as AskHistorians, are heavily moderated.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭FHB

Reddit > Boards.

Never. What makes it worse is seeing a bunch of stupid comments on youtube videos saying "Le Reddit Army is here!" It's so cringeworthy.

So you prefer the extreme level of bigotry seen on Reddit?

Reddit is undermoderated.

The only good subs, such as AskHistorians, are heavily moderated.

Reddit is one of the most liberal sites around. :confused:

You must be viewing some very questionable sub reddits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Reddit is one of the most liberal sites around. :confused:

You must be viewing some very questionable sub reddits.

This is the problem. Outsiders see Reddit as ostensibly liberal - because of two or three issues (eg homosexuality, drugs).

Yet in reality it is a cesspool of racism, sexism, and all sorts of bigotry. Look at /r/AdviceAnimals for example - a huge subreddit where racist posts quickly rise to the top. AskReddit is another good example. Hatred of groups is so prevalent - blacks for Americans and Gypsies - and also Muslims for Europeans. It's as if the Holocaust never happened.

National subreddits - especially /r/Ireland, and to a lesser extent ones such as /r/Europe, regularly exhibit vast amounts of blind bigotry.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

4chan > Boards > Eating your own poo > Reddit > Seeing your parents get killed > Stubbing your toe > Getting skinned and having salt put onto you > Tumblr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Badwulf wrote: »
    4chan > Boards > Eating your own poo > Reddit > Seeing your parents get killed > Stubbing your toe > Getting skinned and having salt put onto you > Tumblr

I love tumblr... :o

aleatorio wrote: »
    I love tumblr... :o

It can be ok but the whole "HEY GUYS IM SUCH A NERD I WATCH GAME OF THRONES MY FAV CHARACTER IS TYRONNE THE MIDGET HES SOOOO FUNNY xD" and the attention hureing and the whole "Trigger" thing is just horrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Badwulf wrote: »
    It can be ok but the whole "HEY GUYS IM SUCH A NERD I WATCH GAME OF THRONES MY FAV CHARACTER IS TYRONNE THE MIDGET HES SOOOO FUNNY xD" and the attention hureing and the whole "Trigger" thing is just horrible

*backs away slowly and runs back to tumblr*

This is the problem. Outsiders see Reddit as ostensibly liberal - because of two or three issues (eg homosexuality, drugs).

Yet in reality it is a cesspool of racism, sexism, and all sorts of bigotry. Look at /r/AdviceAnimals for example - a huge subreddit where racist posts quickly rise to the top. AskReddit is another good example. Hatred of groups is so prevalent - blacks for Americans and Gypsies - and also Muslims for Europeans. It's as if the Holocaust never happened.

National subreddits - especially /r/Ireland, and to a lesser extent ones such as /r/Europe, regularly exhibit vast amounts of blind bigotry.

I am not an outsider to Reddit, none of the above is true in my experience. There are small amounts of racism which are usually down voted by the community.

aleatorio wrote: »
    *backs away slowly and runs back to tumblr*

And stay out m8 or ill mess u up

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Hello friends,
    Long time no online type.
    Just here to write some words.No specific message.Just words. Anyways,apparantly the Leaving Cert results are soon?some of you will do well,and some of you will fail Higher Level Maths.But don't worry! When on the doll,you'll still have each other.
    Love Striving xxxxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

A very nice post Striving

From your dearest,
    jamo

Hello friends,
    Just here to write some words.No specific message.Just words. Anyways,apparantly the Leaving Cert results are soon?some of you will do well,and some of you will fail Higher Level Maths.But don't worry! When on the doll,you'll still have each other.
    Love Striving xxxxxx

You're so dreamy and profound xoxo ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

Hello friends,
    Love Striving xxxxxx

On the doll.

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    On the doll.

Now there's something for the strange fetish thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Any of you seen Transformers 4? If not, you should. *****n good **** right there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Any of you seen Transformers 3? If not, you should. *****n good **** right there

You mean 4?

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    You mean 4?

It's 4 already?! Ah bollox

The 3rd one was shít and I hate Mark Wahlberg.

It's nearly as bad as fast and furious. What are they on now, 7?

Aspiring wrote: »
    It's nearly as bad as fast and furious. What are they on now, 7?

7? :P

Obligatory "RIP Paul Walker" comment even though I never heard of him before he died.

7? :P

Obligatory "RIP Paul Walker" comment even though I never heard of him before he died.

I think its 7 yeah.

Just looked it up because he died some of the scenes in the movie will be CGI Paul Walker. Little bit strange imo.

The 3rd one was shít and I hate Mark Wahlberg.

But dinobots :(

I hated the new transformers as soon as the called the new substance thing that can transform into anything the user wants

"Transformium"

The worst part is they were completely serious about it :pac:

Oh by the way,

5 days :)

• Advertisement

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I would like to verify I have no fetishes

Im looking at yiu hotfail

That is all.

:)

Not even tears?