Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Badwulf wrote: »
    Oh by the way,

5 days :)

Couldn't care less anymore. Que sera sera. You will struggle to remember how many points you got in 5 years time. Life goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

i feckin know i will be disappointed with my results, i can feel it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Huell wrote: »
    i feckin know i will be disappointed with my results, i can feel it

Me too :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ilumEmma

Is the curiosity killing anyone else out there? Honestly I'm more stressed for the debs the following week...

I have a back up level seven with 200ish points so I'll be fine anyway even if it's not really what I'd have originally wanted.

I'm just so bloody curious!

Also what dyou think you'll do when you're getting the results? Open then and there or head back to your family/friends or go somewhere just yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

:)

Not even tears?

Well thats not a fetish

I need them for nutrition

Yes I fest on the tears of children and puppies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

ilumEmma wrote: »
    Is the curiosity killing anyone else out there? Honestly I'm more stressed for the debs the following week...

I have a back up level seven with 200ish points so I'll be fine anyway even if it's not really what I'd have originally wanted.

Also what dyou think you'll do when you're getting the results? Open then and there or head back to your family/friends or go somewhere just yourself?

I'll tear them open straight away :p
    HugsiePie wrote: »
    Well thats not a fetish

I need them for nutrition

Same :):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

When I got mine, I just collected the envelope at the secretary's office and went home and opened it with the family.

Opening it at school with others is just a bitching/bragging session waiting really..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Same :):D

You two should get a room.

Like a prison cell.

They dont have children nor puppies in prison :(

How will I survive?!

You could make me cry? :)

This is getting a bit much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭FHB

I'll probably open them in school, but I'll be sure to scuttle off to a quiet corner somewhere when doing it. I'll need some time to come to terms with the results myself first before dealing with everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yoajing

I just want to leave as fast as possible after getting my results. Even if I get good grades, I don't want to share it with the others. Think I'd be just too overwhelmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I think I'll just open them as soon as theyre handed to me tbh. Such a build up last year and then I was devo after so I definitely will be ripping the band aid clean off this year :pac:

I worked out predicted grades today being fairly nice to myself and was still 10 points below what I need so let's pray for a miracle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

is anyone ****ting their applied maths results? i done fairly well in the mocks but i dont think i got any answer right in the LC exam. it was the only exam out of the nine i did that i am really worried about :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Me and my friendlings have said since we were firsties that we'd open them together, and we haven't changed our minds. We plan to hold hands in a circle and all open them at once. That way we can comfort anyone of our group that has done bad. In the end of the day, it's not about the results. It's about the love and care we've built up among ourselves over the last 6 years.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

is anyone ****ting their applied maths results? i done fairly well in the mocks but i dont think i got any answer right in the LC exam. it was the only exam out of the nine i did that i am really worried about :/

I don't even want to think about that exam. It was awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Macavity. wrote: »
    Me and my friendlings have said since we were firsties that we'd open them together, and we haven't changed our minds. We plan to hold hands in a circle and all open them at once. That way we can comfort anyone of our group that has done bad. In the end of the day, it's not about the results. It's about the love and care we've built up among ourselves over the last 6 years.

Must be an octopus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Must be an octopus

First we open them and then when we see the results we will embrace while moving in a circular motion, symbolic for the everlasting friendships we have.

It's my least confident exam out of the 6 I'm going to be counting. Luckily, almost everyone seems to have found it hard, so the bell curve may be in our favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Will somebody explain how to turn on signatures on boards. Missing all the fun. Also avatars.

I have a feeling Nim has the answer.

Aspiring wrote: »
    Will somebody explain how to turn on signatures on boards. Missing all the fun. Also avatars.

Are you on the touch site?

Nim cant be reached right now...........hes a little tied up

Muahahahahahaha

• Advertisement

Aspiring wrote: »

If you go to "edit options" in the user control panel there's an option to show signatures near the bottom :p

Should we start an exam results freakout thread? I imagine this place will get filled with people going nuts in the next few days otherwise.. :p

Should we start an exam results freakout thread? I imagine this place will get filled with people going nuts in the next few days otherwise.. :p

Yee should start a LC Awards thread

Yee should start a LC Awards thread

There's only like 5 regulars though? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

Most helpful language teacher...

There's only like 5 regulars though? :p
    But that just means more awards for you, right?

Then you can brag to all your new university friends about getting awards on a leaving cert forum. They'll think you're super cool. ;)

linguist wrote: »
    Most helpful language teacher...

Canard.

:pac:
    FHB wrote: »
    But that just means more awards for you, right?

Then you can brag to all your new university friends about getting awards on a leaving cert forum. They'll think you're super cool. ;)

"I posted over 5000 times in 3 months and won 6 awards on boards you know? ;)"

I'd be drowning in pussy.
    Soooooooooooo....]]Not all awards have to go to current regulars, you vote and nominate, you can nominate old posters/oes that only post here once in a while

Its tradition, its been done the past 2 years (at minimum, it may have been done beforehand)

Dont break tradition lads

Fine... :(:p

I'd be drowning in pussy.
    Not the nicest way to go but theres always worse I suppose

tumblr_m6rflaoLDC1r74ueho1_1280.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

I'm dreading getting English back :( it was the one I was most confident in, wanted an A :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    I'm dreading getting English back :( it was the one I was most confident in, wanted an A :rolleyes:

Same :( I'm really curious about how I did in Irish even though I won't be counting it :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement