Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Badwulf wrote: »
    I have a feeling in my jimbles (Testicles) that the marking scheme will go super easy on us this year because bio was a pretty controversial paper this year and I'm yet to meet a single person who said "it wasn't to bad" or "it was easy"

Go on, someone say it now :pac:

If this starts a whole conversation on Biology I'm going to treat all of you how you treated us accounting folk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Aspiring wrote: »
    If this starts a whole conversation on Biology I'm going to treat all of you how you treated us accounting folk.

By leaving? :p

I think a talk on the wonders of the Technology exam is long overdue

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

soooo... that suspense account eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

My 2 younger brothers do incredible in school - I'm the let down :(
    My 15 YO brother could of done that paper. He doesn't even study he reads the book and nows 90% of it:(

I'm lucky I'm the smart one of my siblings :rolleyes: :pac:

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    I'm lucky I'm the smart one of my siblings :rolleyes: :pac:

I'd rather be the stupid one tbh..

• Advertisement

I'd rather be the stupid one tbh..

Why? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I'm here for the accounting talk yessir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I haven't a clue what time we go to school to get the results so that's the next thing I'll be worrying about :P

I haven't a clue what time we go to school to get the results so that's the next thing I'll be worrying about :P

and then your envelope opening technique... what if they cancel your results cos you opened it wrong :O

Anybody any tips for getting asleep :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

9 I presume, check your schools website!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

The panicking here is just :pac:

Nothing safe for work unfortunately.

Why? :P

If you're stupid you've less worries.

9 I presume, check your schools website!!

I wonder will many people cry. Sad cry that is.

Step 1: Close your eyes.

I wonder will many people cry. Sad cry that is.

I'll most likely cry regardless of how I do

If I get a C in geography I will cry.

Step 1: Close your eyes.

That's where I've been going wrong. It all makes sense now :rolleyes:

Macavity. wrote: »
    You won't get a C.

Probably not. I'm nearly sure I misread 3 questions but I think I got full marks in the rest so I should do okay. :p

• Advertisement

That's where I've been going wrong. It all makes sense now :rolleyes:

You're welcome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

I have 6 subjects. If I fail a subject (NOT a core subject) does it still mean I don't fulfil the requirement for college? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Probably not. I'm nearly sure I misread 3 questions but I think I got full marks in the rest so I should do okay. :p

No, I meant you'll get a D!

I joke, everyone over estimates how poorly that exam went.

miissjuly wrote: »
    I have 6 subjects. If I fail a subject (NOT a core subject) does it still mean I don't fulfil the requirement for college? :confused:

Depends on the college AFAIK. I think 6 passes is a requirement for most colleges though, what's the college? :p

Depends on the college AFAIK. I think 6 passes is a requirement for most colleges though, what's the college? :p

Well mostly Dublin colleges (Trinity, UCD & DCU) don't think I will fail I've just always hated history. It didn't go well. :(

Well mostly Dublin colleges (Trinity, UCD & DCU) don't think I will fail I've just always hated history. It didn't go well. :(

I think for them you'd need 6 passes.

UCD is 6 passes in any of the courses I've seen anyway. I wouldn't worry about it anyway as you said yourself you won't fail :)

I think for them you'd need 6 passes.
    UCD is 6 passes in any of the courses I've seen anyway. I wouldn't worry about it anyway as you said yourself you won't fail :)

Oh dear hope I'm not in trouble. Thanks for the replies.

One more stupid question: is it a bad idea to open my results on the 18th when offers are out? I'm too scared to check it before, I will know how I did by seeing what course I get offered, I wouldn't have a problem opening my result then.

One more stupid question: is it a bad idea to open my results on the 18th when offers are out? I'm too scared to check it before, I will know how I did by seeing what course I get offered, I wouldn't have a problem opening my result then.

Up to yourself I suppose.

Just rip 'em open t'fuck the minute you get them. :p

• Advertisement

Well it's completely up to you really. The only thing is by opening your results it gives you more time to figure out whether you've got what you want / where you'll be in college and therefore more time to sort out accomodation, which could be of vital importance. For example, say if on Wednesday I opened my results to find I got let's say 460, I wouldn't get my first choice but I would get my second, Maynooth. I would then have time to figure out my accommodation in Maynooth from Wednesday on. Whereas if I wait until Monday I will be amidst the hustle and bustle of EVERYBODY going for accommodation after they get their offers. But it's entirely up to you, that's just my perspective :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement