Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Sorry guys, I'm going to the match again next Sunday :pac:

I might be able to get wifi on the bus though.......

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Sorry guys, I'm going to the match again next Sunday :pac:

I might be able to get wifi on the bus though.......

Oh, for feck's sake :p

What time are ya getting home?
    peekachoo wrote: »
    What was it you were doing again nim? ;) :pac:

:pac:

Nimr wrote: »
    Oh, for feck's sake :p

What time are ya getting home?

Midnight-ish :p

Actually I might have stay in a relatives that night, don't know if they have internet though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

So yeah, thread 3 yet no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Not even close to 10k yet ;)

• Advertisement

Only 298 posts to go.

Wonderful :pac:

Ah after the results all the panicked people will be back and we'll get to the third thread.

Can't wait for the influx of onethreefives tomorrow/Wednesday. :pac:

"What if my results aren't delivered to the school????"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

"If I didn't open the envelope correctly, does this mean I fail my Leaving Cert?"

• Advertisement

Imagine now if he/she got a result nullified over one of the stupid things he/she had panic attacks over :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/education/students-to-get-points-for-fail-grade-in-leaving-cert-revamp-30497985.html

Can we finally all agree that the leaving cert. is officially a joke? Maybe in ten more years we will get points for just opening up our paper :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Badwulf wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/education/students-to-get-points-for-fail-grade-in-leaving-cert-revamp-30497985.html

Can we finally all agree that the leaving cert. is officially a joke? Maybe in ten more years we will get points for just opening up our paper :pac:

The DoE really cannot brain that well can they? :P

Badwulf wrote: »

Another way to up the HL maths numbers...

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    The DoE really cannot brain that well can they? :P

Imagine boards in ten years from now

"Guys I could only get about half the seal off on the exam booklet but didn't get it fully opened and then I ran out of time, will I still get attempt marks?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

RTE News - Tuesday afternoon.

"Reports are coming in of a raid on Athlone post office..." Just imagine the pandemonium...

I'm getting a bit anxious now for Wednesday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Just try to remember that it is one of the biggest moments of your life and if you do poorly you will be branded a failure, not only academically, but at life.

I joke, but in all seriousness good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Sucette!

Me too, I think the nerves are slowly starting to sink in. I came to the realisation that my results will be horrible about a day after the exams. But what im really not looking forward too is disappointing the teachers there on Wednesday. I don't think my email account is going to hack all the apologies i'm going to have to send xD

Sucette! wrote: »
    Me too, I think the nerves are slowly starting to sink in. I came to the realisation that my results will be horrible about a day after the exams. But what im really not looking forward too is disappointing the teachers there on Wednesday. I don't think my email account is going to hack all the apologies i'm going to have to send xD

I think I did well, I just hate the not knowing... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yoajing

Almost went into the ugly cry when I realized how much I would disappoint myself and my parents and my brain if I don’t get my points. Could literally feel the flood of tears in my eyes, the gasping, and the hiccups -- full on pre-ugly crying. Maybe my tear ducts have been majorly constipated or maybe it’s because I’ve been pushing the thoughts of failing to the very black hole of my mind, but either way, I was seriously overdue for a good bawl.

But thank the heavens for desserts because just as I was about to break down I was like, “Hold up, is that ice cream?” Thank you, ice cream, for your existence. It is greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Mario95

yoajing wrote: »
    Almost went into the ugly cry when I realized how much I would disappoint myself and my parents and my brain if I don’t get my points. Could literally feel the flood of tears in my eyes, the gasping, and the hiccups -- full on pre-ugly crying. Maybe my tear ducts have been majorly constipated or maybe it’s because I’ve been pushing the thoughts of failing to the very black hole of my mind, but either way, I was seriously overdue for a good bawl.

But thank the heavens for desserts because just as I was about to break down I was like, “Hold up, is that ice cream?” Thank you, ice cream, for your existence. It is greatly appreciated.

I would disappoint my brain by thinking that its even possible for LC points to disappoint my brain. :pac:
    Its only the LC, I don't know why you guys are so worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

The longer the wait, the worse I think Ive done..
    Ive been physically ill from the worrying and cant sleep at all.. I want my first choice so badly wehhhhhh :(

I think I'm the only under achiever on this site :/ Like I'd cry with joy if I got 300 and most people here want 500 or above and it makes me feel weird :pac:

Mario95 wrote: »
    I would disappoint my brain by thinking that its even possible for LC points to disappoint my brain. :pac:
    Its only the LC, I don't know why you guys are so worried.

I guarantee you'll be shítting it on Wednesday morning. :p

My mother reminds me about Wednesday every day but other than that, I haven't even been thinking about it.

Make your nominations, people!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭FHB

I honestly think the stress of doing the Leaving Cert has messed up my stomach or something. Ever since a day or two before my applied maths exam I've had occasional stomach pains. I think it's been getting better, but it's slightly worrying.

I'm not actually that worried now though. I'm fairly certain I'll get my course anyway, but I suppose I just want to go as high as possible, so I'll probably be all over the place the morning of the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Ye don't actually know this but when you were lost in concentration during an LC exam the supervisor injected microchips into you all. And now every time you worry about your results it sends a transmission to the SEC and you drop a percent in each subject :)

This made me laugh way too much... :o :pac:

EwCnKud.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

It's funny cuz her foot looks like his penis.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement