Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Got a lot done today 6 1\2 hours

8:30 up, shower, tidy room, breakfast, watch skysports, check Facebook,boards, the news and a few bets.

10:00 start studying All ecology chapters and every ecology question.

13:00 lunch and chill

14:00 photosynthesis and the exam questions. Small bit of respiration

17:00 went over evey exam Q in my head to make sure there 100%.

17:30 finished for the day 6 1/2 hours done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Would you recommend repeating? like is everything much easier second time round? I really feel like IVe messed up my chances of getting good points this year but we'll see

It isn't that I'd recommend it. Everythings easier but the pressure is a million times worse. But i'm so glad i didn't settle regardless of the tough year. It isn't even that bad, except these last few weeks. Work your butt off :cool:

Just a side note... if anyone asks "is it too late to start studying?" once more.... If i said yes its too late, would they just not bother :confused: 6 days is a long time to cram the basics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

In biology is your answer is correct but it's not in the marking scheme, do you not get marks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

In biology is your answer is correct but it's not in the marking scheme, do you not get marks?

Depends on the context, can you give a specific example of your answer vs the marking scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sinead18

9-12:40 revision seminar of maths p1 with John Brennan from balinteer institute then a mock exam from 13:00-15:30 I am so sick of maths right now but that man is a godsend! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Does anybody have ANY tips for frebch reading comps? Im just guessing (and not well) here.
    Its too late to broaden my vocabulary(although its not bad as is)
    Any tactics, question words to look out for? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Do you have to pass maths to go to dcu?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Do you have to pass maths to go to dcu?

Yes.

http://www4.dcu.ie/registry/entry.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Just did a biology paper 94%, please let this happen on the day :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    Just did a biology paper 94%, please let this happen on the day :pac:

Good luck with that.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Does anybody have ANY tips for frebch reading comps? Im just guessing (and not well) here.
    Its too late to broaden my vocabulary(although its not bad as is)
    Any tactics, question words to look out for? :(

I'd know all of the things like adverbs, verbs in various tenses etc because that's always a question. I just look for words in the question then search the text for that/similar words, then use a bit of common sense to form an answer or just quote. Works well. I'm terrible at french but my comprehensions are always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LaughingOwl

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Is that not a short story though?

You don't really have to have any character conflict or plots or twists. The plot is not the most important thing, like it is in the short story.
    Descriptive essays are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

I only just got all of my notes in order and organized, I need to get on the 6 hours~ train tomorrow! I'm strongly considering only learning Dickinson for HL English..

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Gaw_ wrote: »
    I only just got all of my notes in order and organized, I need to get on the 6 hours~ train tomorrow! I'm strongly considering only learning Dickinson for HL English..

AT LEAST do heaney as well, it'll at least give you some piece of mind although hes not a cert
    Im only doing dickinson, yeats and heaney which is a risk but given the marks for poetry and the effort it takes its a risk im quite happy to take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

For macbeth are ye just learning quotes? That's what I've been doing just wondering if its enough :P

I can't be the only one completely panicing over maths?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

What does everyone think likely for home ec? Doesn't be many people posting on here about home ec. Teacher predicted a vitamin and mineral question for sure. For vitamins, I'm hoping for vitamin c and calcium for minerals. Also seems protein is likely, I would LOVE a properties question. For sociology teacher told us to concentrate on family conflict and maybe roles. Also family law. Anyone have any tips re elective(doubt poverty will be up) Meat is meant to be quite likely appear too

peekachoo wrote: »
    For macbeth are ye just learning quotes? That's what I've been doing just wondering if its enough :P

Yep just quotes, don't see the point in doing much more.

I just mull over the different motives/impact/personalities of each character than in my head, I'm definitely doing the character question though.

I can't be the only one completely panicing over maths?

Sure look, be grand. What area do you dislike most? You should probably practice the questions you dislike as much as you can. You have a whole weekend before Paper 2, don't forget that.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

I'm thinking childcare for the elective because of that primetime documentary, education and unemployment.. leisure too as a back up

• Advertisement

Aspiring wrote: »
    Sure look, be grand. What area do you dislike most? "

The entire paper.

"You have a whole weekend before Paper 2, don't forget that."

Yeah,thank god! I'll turn it around by then...I hope anyways 😬

Somebody said on here a few days ago that they had an Accounting 100 Mark Farm Account Question from a mock.

I cannot remember who it was, but if there is any way they could scan it and send me it I would be forever grateful, and I have many many mock questions for accounting I can send in return if they so wish.

I'm disquietingly calm about maths... Which is a bit of an oxymoron but sure look :P

Aspiring wrote: »
    Somebody said on here a few days ago that they had an Accounting 100 Mark Farm Account Question from a mock.

I cannot remember who it was, but if there is any way they could scan it and send me it I would be forever grateful, and I have many many mock questions for accounting I can send in return if they so wish.

Would you have some sole trader/company/suspense mock questions you'd be willing to share :o

For 100m farm, my teacher is supposed to email me one, if he does, I will pass it on to you :cool:

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    Would you have some sole trader/company/suspense mock questions you'd be willing to share :o

For 100m farm, my teacher is supposed to email me one, if he does, I will pass it on to you :cool:

Unfortunately I don't do Sole Trader/Company question, but I have a few Suspense I'll scan and send them on to you later in a PM :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Does anyone here do the Economic elective in Geography? If so, could they tell me what a corporate strategy of an MNC is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Are you all doing the general vision and view point just? or culture, general vision and theme? Because I was just looking through the papers and same comparative Q's never come up. Changes every year. Last year was cultural context and theme. SO im definitely focusing on general vision

Are you all doing the general vision and view point just? or culture, general vision and theme? Because I was just looking through the papers and same comparative Q's never come up. Changes every year. Last year was cultural context and theme. SO im definitely focusing on that

study two to be safe, 70 marks is too much a risk to take. I am studying general vision and cultural context

Are you all doing the general vision and view point just? or culture, general vision and theme? Because I was just looking through the papers and same comparative Q's never come up. Changes every year. Last year was cultural context and theme. SO im definitely focusing on that

2 come up every year.

This year there's 3 on our course, GVAV, cultural context and theme or issue.

Study 2 and at least one will definitely come up.

I'm not studying them, just reading/watching the works. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

How many hours sleep should I be getting a night? Is 7 ok?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement