Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Nimr wrote: »
    Is it a bad thing that I slept fine? :(

We'll know in 95 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Slept for about 3 hours, then "The Good Wife" marathon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

fúck me nerves are hitting hard, it says on the Irish times website that there is one person with 9A1's and 13 people who got 8A1's.More than 95% of students passing honours mathshttp://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/record-number-of-leaving-cert-students-land-bonus-points-in-maths-1.1894990

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭CathalC2011

Nimr wrote: »
    Why am I so calm, god damn it.

My thoughts throughout the whole Leaving Cert. I was hoping the stress would make me study... But it never came..

Huell wrote: »
    fúck me nerves are hitting hard, it says on the Irish times website that there is one person with 9A1's and 13 people who got 8A1's.More than 95% of students passing honours mathshttp://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/record-number-of-leaving-cert-students-land-bonus-points-in-maths-1.1894990

Please leave those kind of stats somewhere else!!!!! :eek:

Fúck you Huell, now I'm panicking! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Yikes
    8.7% failed OL maths :(

Yikes
    8.7% failed OL maths :(

That's quite a few...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,635 ✭✭✭✭kippy

As a person who received their results over 15 years ago (WTF- seems like yesterday!!) can I wish you all the best of luck today.
    If you get what you were looking for - well done.
    If you don't - don't stress too much, there are lots of paths available to get to the chosen destination and let me tell you, speaking from experience, you'll get there in the end.

EDIT:
    Sh1t, this is a bitch and moan thread. In keeping with the theme:
    Feck you all, you whippersnappers, to be yer age age again!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Good Luck You Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Guys I got no sleep :/ scared now

• Advertisement

I hope we're just handed the sheet straight away, I don't want to listen to a speech and all that shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Huell wrote: »
    There's one really smart guy in my year doing 9 subjects... I wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

lads as some who did their leaving cert 12 years ago and didn't get the points she wanted, there are plenty of avenues you can pursue to get to your chosen course. i'm now attending ucc. :D

just stay calm and enjoy your night tonight, you earned.

here's my bitch and moan. please don't wreck the place tonight. darn you youngsters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 februaryair

Does anyone know what time they start handing out the results?

Does anyone know what time they start handing out the results?

9ish but it depends on the school.

Anyone else have the habit of laughing like a fool where they're nervous? I'm just sitting on my couch laughing my hole off at absolutely nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Anyone else have the habit of laughing like a fool where they're nervous? I'm just sitting on my couch laughing my hole off at absolutely nothing!

Maybe I'm just emotionally fragile atm but the image of that made me laugh, so thanks for that XD

aleatorio wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just emotionally fragile atm but the image of that made me laugh, so thanks for that XD

No bother :pac:

51 mins.. :pac:

Good luck everyone! :)

• Advertisement

I'll just leave this here in case any of ye aren't feeling bad enough already.

https://twitter.com/irishrail/status/499448571859832832

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I actually don't even know when we're getting them. I'm just going in for 9 'cos everyone else here is :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I am so scared. Been up all night. Turned on the radio and some woman was talking about failure rates in subjects. As if that's what people want to hear an hour before getting the results.

I am so scared. Been up all night. Turned on the radio and some woman was talking about failure rates in subjects. As if that's what people want to hear an hour before getting the results.

THERE HE IS!! Thes onethreefive we all know and love! :') :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I thought we lost you there, pal :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I slept grand but I had a really unnerving dream about watching a man fall off a ladder and die - does this mean im one of the few that failed maths? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Slept for about 5 hours...had a dream about buying lucozade coke in superquinn and then I heard the sweet alarm tone of the iPhone :rolleyes:

I just want to wish you all the very best of luck today.

I'm more nervous than my daughter!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

No sleep :( and the journal.ie doesn't help. There's like 4 leaving cert articles.

19 minutes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement