Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

No sleep :( and the journal.ie doesn't help. There's like 4 leaving cert articles.

19 minutes

Get away from that website!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Good luck lads, if you don't get what you want don't be too disheartened. There's countless routes to every career. Hope everyone gets what they want though. Been a pleasure having a laugh on here over the last two years or so, I can honestly say I'd be going in to school today with low expectations had it not been for boards. When I first came on here I saw people with huge goals and I realised there's no reason I couldn't aim high too, and that's when I started working and changing my attitude. Thank you sincerely and good luck once again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

As someone who got the points she needed 5 years ago( and still bawled because I didn't get an A in English) I can honestly say that that piece of paper, while it is important, is only one part of the picture. I headed off to college to study Drama and wound up graduating with an Economics degree - I now work in tech support and am looking to head back to do a masters in management. Not exactly what I'd planned. There are so many ways into everything these days so don't let the results stress you out too much - either way, you have survived the pressure cooker that is the Leaving Cert, so congratulations - the rest is just gravy.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JBRowan

good luck to all the LC. I remember this day back 6 years ago.

PS to all the people that fail... I will have chips with that :P

No But with all seriousness ye will all do fine

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭FHB

Is it kind of fitting that we'll probably reach OT3 while everyone is getting their results? :p

Anyway, good luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I just want to wish you all the very best of luck today.

I'm more nervous than my daughter!

Yeah, same with my mother.
    No sleep :( and the journal.ie doesn't help. There's like 4 leaving cert articles.

19 minutes

I can't think of a situation where thejournal.ie ever helped anybody. Stop reading that glorified blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

good luck everyone, I say some people probably already have theirs and I hope everyone gets what they want :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭CathalC2011

Assuming the points don't jump 15 from last year... I think I ****ing got it :D So delighted that ****'s over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I came up 90 points guys! Believe in the repeat I got 520! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

OT3 here we go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Some of you have your results? Cúnts :pac:

Aspiring wrote: »
    Some of you have your results? Cúnts :pac:

tumblr_n3q74zSNA81r6haz9o1_250.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I have 25 points over what my top choice was last year. I had completely disregarded it in my mind cos I thought I wouldn't get the points! I'm so happy right now. Good luck to everyone still waiting to get theirs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

:);):):)
    Chuffed.... Passed biology A2 I'm history B1 In business.
    245 points and I'm off to college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

385 with an E in HL maths. Sickened, but it's life. Gonna get that sh*t rechecked and get the D3.

Anyone worrying they did **** in applied maths worry not! There is hope! Was expecting no more than a C1 because I only fully got out 1 of the 6 questions but ended up with an A2 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Mario95

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Anyone worrying they did **** in applied maths worry not! There is hope! Was expecting no more than a C1 because I only fully got out 1 of the 6 questions but ended up with an A2 :D

Nice! Now I regret being lazy and not coming in for applied maths exam haha :pac:

Ohhhhh yes! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 raz789

I stared at the page in disbelief. I'm delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

**** maths tbh :(

• Advertisement

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    **** maths tbh :(

How'd it go? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

Found an envelope yesterday evening with my as of then unopened Leaving Cert results from a year ago, complete with a letter from my principal and all. Hadn't opened the physical copy as I'd got them online that morning. :pac:

See lads it's not so bad, I mean I was bricking it this time last year and I ended up forgetting to open the bloody envelope for a year!

Good luck to all! :D

How'd it go? :(

Got more than enough points (550, only needed 485) but got a D1 in Maths, so I didn't get the entry requirements. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Got more than enough points (550, only needed 485) but got a D1 in Maths, so I didn't get the entry requirements. :(

View it and appeal it.

Got more than enough points but got a D1 in Maths, so I didn't get the entry requirements. :(

Ohhhh that is nasty. :(

You're getting it recorrected yeah?

Ohhhh that is nasty. :(

You're getting it recorrected yeah?

I wasn't going to bother :pac:

I wasn't going to bother :pac:

Not sure if sarcastic..... :pac:

Not sure if sarcastic..... :pac:

I wasn't being sarcastic :P

I wasn't being sarcastic :P

So what's the plan now? :) Repeating or just a different course?

• Advertisement

So what's the plan now? :) Repeating or just a different course?

I've no clue yet :pac:, I really don't want to repeat, but I might.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement