Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Do you know the other 4 very well also?

For me the worst scenario would be if Larkin,Mahon,Plath and Kinsella come up.

Holy **** i have none of them.. I could make a stab at mahon i suppose
    BTW plath, bishop and yeats have all come up 2 years in a row so who knows
    Im confident with my yeats, dickinson and heaney though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

This whole getting up at 6 is minus craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

To be honest, getting up insanely early would do no good for me, even when school is on, my brain doesnt 'click' into functioning properly until at least 10, so what Ive been doing is getting up at 9:30 and starting at 10, and then working through the day until 9pm, with one or two breaks :P
    Seems to be working so far anyway :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Same here! We spent aaagggees on macbeth and poetry and not much on comparative, we went through the texts and after that went through like 2 exam wuestions thats it

Same and every time I asked my teacher a question about the comparative her response was "that's a good question" and proceeded not to answer it :/

I know Dickinson insanely well, her poetry just clicked with me! I loved plath too but I've decided there is really no point in studying her :/ I've learned yeats and heaney quite well but I still don't feel comfortable with them!! I'm learning one more today so tossing between larkin and kinsella. I think kinsella more likely bit cannot tolerate his poetry whereas I find larkin a little boring to write about but do-able.

Oh this leaving cert:/ I have a tuesday to Tuesday off in the middle, Is it too late to leave 3 of my subjects to cram im that week off :pac: (chem, span, music) I'm aiming for A's in them and I think I know the courses pretty well, it's just a general revision I have to do.. I'm just so caught up with English and irish this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Same and every time I asked my teacher a question about the comparative her response was "that's a good question" and proceeded not to answer it :/

I know Dickinson insanely well, her poetry just clicked with me! I loved plath too but I've decided there is really no point in studying her :/ I've learned yeats and heaney quite well but I still don't feel comfortable with them!! I'm learning one more today so tossing between larkin and kinsella. I think kinsella more likely bit cannot tolerate his poetry whereas I find larkin a little boring to write about but do-able.

Oh this leaving cert:/ I have a tuesday to Tuesday off in the middle, Is it too late to leave 3 of my subjects to cram im that week off :pac: (chem, span, music) I'm aiming for A's in them and I think I know the courses pretty well, it's just a general revision I have to do.. I'm just so caught up with English and irish this week :(

Im leaving irish, art history and german to study til the weekend in the middle of the exams! just dont have time for them between Biology geography maths and english:pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah see if I dont get up early i wont get up until like 2. :P

peekachoo wrote: »
    Yeah see if I dont get up early i wont get up until like 2. :P

No middle ground eh :pac:

aleatorio wrote: »
    No middle ground eh :pac:

There really isn't. :(

Plus getting up early means I get in a few hours before the wifi is turned on :pac::pac:

I mean. Im turning my phone of now. :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

peekachoo wrote: »
    Plus getting up early means I get in a few hours before the wifi is turned on :pac::pac:

I don't understand why people do this :confused:

My WiFi hasn't been turned off in 7 years or something. Restarted a few times, yes, but why would you turn it off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Nope, I didn't do Plath or Mahon and I didn't enjoy doing Heaney so never studied him :o
    I think my 5 should serve me well though, hoping for 3 of them to come up so I've a nice choice :)

I meant like the other 4 you picked apart from Bishop :o But knowing you, you probably do :P

I'd be happy if one of mine come up tbh :cool:

• Advertisement

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people do this :confused:

My WiFi hasn't been turned off in 7 years or something. Restarted a few times, yes, but why would you turn it off?

My parents are firm believers that if you leave any electrical thing on overnight the house will explode.

Also they probably think if they leave it on all night we'll never sleep :rolleyes:

I meant like the other 4 you picked apart from Bishop :o But knowing you, you probably do :P

I'd be happy if one of mine come up tbh :cool:

Ooooooh, well I knew Yeats well before, but need to revise him, I love Dickinson but have only done her recently so I need to revise her too, Larkin is reasonably ok but I need to learn his quotes, and Kinsella is my weakest definately :o

I'm going to focus mainly on Yeats Dickinson and Bishop and Larkin and Kinsella are my backups :pac:
    Haven't really started on the poetry yet, from Sunday-Tuesday I'm going to study only Maths and English so a lot will get done then I think, but for now I'm focusing more on everything else so I won't be panicking next week that I don't know enough :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Ooooooh, well I knew Yeats well before, but need to revise him, I love Dickinson but have only done her recently so I need to revise her too, Larkin is reasonably ok but I need to learn his quotes, and Kinsella is my weakest definately :o

I'm going to focus mainly on Yeats Dickinson and Bishop and Larkin and Kinsella are my backups :pac:
    Haven't really started on the poetry yet, from Sunday-Tuesday I'm going to study only Maths and English so a lot will get done then I think, but for now I'm focusing more on everything else so I won't be panicking next week that I don't know enough :pac:

Yeh that's my plan for the next few days too. I'm quite worried about business though.
    No mattter how much I study it I know serious cramming will have to be done the day before. (Or what's left of the day 'cause I have french:( )

So. Much. Fun.

Yeh that's my plan for the next few days too. I'm quite worried about business though.
    No mattter how much I study it I know serious cramming will have to be done the day before. (Or what's left of the day 'cause I have french:( )

So. Much. Fun.

I'm worried about business too, thankfully I have the day before it off :o

Do you reckon it's safe to completely ignore last years experiments in physics?

Went into school today to do physics with my teacher. He said ''it's an awful pity you spent most of the year with your head up your arse'' :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

To completely ignore? No. To neglect? Sure.

Same here! We spent aaagggees on macbeth and poetry and not much on comparative, we went through the texts and after that went through like 2 exam wuestions thats it

How many comparative questions has everyone done? We did waaay more Macbeth essays even though it's less marks :eek:

Went into school today to do physics with my teacher. He said ''it's an awful pity you spent most of the year with your head up your arse'' :pac:

ouchh

• Registered Users Posts: 23 deedeebb

Hi for the document question in Later Modern: History what case study do you think The Treaty is likely to appear since it came up on both pre papers??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that Bishop is not on next year but Dickinson and Plath are?

Yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

How do yous think Hitler or Lenin and stalin will appear on the history paper ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

MrAweesome wrote: »
    How do yous think Hitler or Lenin and stalin will appear on the history paper ?

Yea I think so... I'd learn Mussolini too to be safe. There's always a dictator question, but if I had to choose which I would look over at 1.30 Wednesday it would be the soviets. Nearly every year.

My exam timetable is so packed, 2 exams nearly every day until the 12th, then economics the week after. Envious of all yous(lol) who have loads of cramming time. Glad I have a week for economics:. Can a1 it in that time I think.

oncex wrote: »
    Yea I think so... I'd learn Mussolini too to be safe. There's always a dictator question, but if I had to choose which I would look over at 1.30 Wednesday it would be the soviets. Nearly every year.

My exam timetable is so packed, 2 exams nearly every day until the 12th, then economics the week after. Envious of all yous(lol) who have loads of cramming time. Glad I have a week for economics:. Can a1 it in that time I think.

Tell me about it...all my exams finished by the 12th no time fror cramming :( but i guess its good to be finished with it all ayee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Let's all just study France and nothing else for the craic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Avoiding business for 3months is a bad idea.

Nazi Propaganda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Can anyone please advise me as to what i should be learning for Macbeth. I am lost completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

Can anyone please advise me as to what i should be learning for Macbeth. I am lost completely.

At this stage, concentrate on quotes and knowing the plot, and I would look over characters!

Well this is what I'm doing:
    Characters:
    Lady Macbeth (!!!!)
    Macbeth
    Their relationship
    Banquo and how he compares with Macbeth
    (A little bit about the importance of Macduff)

Other:
    A scene (Banquet Scene)
    A bit on imagery (that came up last year though)

That's all I'm doing, but it might be a good idea to look at the theme of Evil and Appearance vs Reality too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

Other:
    A scene (Banquet Scene)

Would they ask a question just about one scene?!

a0ifee wrote: »
    Would they ask a question just about one scene?!

2004-
    The play ‘Macbeth’ has many scenes of compelling drama. Choose one scene you found compelling and say why you found it to be so. Support your answer with reference to the play.

:o

• Advertisement

Characters:
    Lady Macbeth (!!!!)
    Macbeth
    Their relationship
    Banquo and how he compares with Macbeth
    (A little bit about the importance of Macduff)

Other:
    A scene (Banquet Scene)
    A bit on imagery (that came up last year though)

That's all I'm doing, but it might be a good idea to look at the theme of Evil and Appearance vs Reality too :)
    Why no themes? Thats risky

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement