Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

aleatorio wrote: »
    2004-
    The play ‘Macbeth’ has many scenes of compelling drama. Choose one scene you found compelling and say why you found it to be so. Support your answer with reference to the play.

:o

:eek: how would you write a whole essay on just one scene?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Why no themes? Thats risky

I prefer character questions, and until now one has always come up, and I highly doubt they'll have 2 theme questions :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

a0ifee wrote: »
    Would they ask a question just about one scene?!
    Not specifically, theyll say choose a scene or number of scenes of compelling drama to discuss
    a0ifee wrote: »
    :eek: how would you write a whole essay on just one scene?

Talk about the leadup to the scene, macbeth was trying to establish peace and stbalitiy. Say the stress they were under, banquo being murdered, the murders interrupting to talk to macbeth, banquos ghost visit, macbeths visions, his guilt , disintegrration of M and LM's relationship and LM's diminishing role in the play thereafter!!

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Talk about the leadup to the scene, macbeth was trying to establish peace and stbalitiy. Say the stress they were under, banquo being murdered, the murders interrupting to talk to macbeth, banquos ghost visit, macbeths visions, his guilt , disintegrration of M and LM's relationship and LM's diminishing role in the play thereafter!!

Yep thats pretty much a plan of the essay I have :pac:
    Also I mention how the scene has a duality of purpose because it captures both the triumph and downfall of Macbeth and Lady Macbeth in one scene :cool:

Ive seen a few people wondering what to write for a Banquo essay too, this is what I have:

'The Banquo Macbeth has killed is not the innocent solider who met the witches and scorned their prophecies, nor the man who prayed to be delivered from temptation, he is a man whose principles have been deeply compromised'

-Intro

-Him as a warrior
    -Function as a contrast/foil to Macbeth
    -His lack of self-interest

-His suspicion of the prophecies and distrust in the Witches
    -His dynastic ambition

-How his ambition compromises his ambition
    -Praying to be delivered from evil

-Ultimate downfall in his decision to do nothing to oppose Macbeth
    -Is this because of his loyalty to Macbeth or his ambition

-Conclusion

Idk if that helps anyone but :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Ive seen a few people wondering what to write for a Banquo essay too, this is what I have:

'The Banquo Macbeth has killed is not the innocent solider who met the witches and scorned their prophecies, nor the man who prayed to be delivered from temptation, he is a man whose principles have been deeply compromised'

-Intro

-Him as a warrior
    -Function as a contrast/foil to Macbeth
    -His lack of self-interest

-His suspicion of the prophecies and distrust in the Witches
    -His dynastic ambition

-How his ambition compromises his ambition
    -Praying to be delivered from evil

-Ultimate downfall in his decision to do nothing to oppose Macbeth
    -Is this because of his loyalty to Macbeth or his ambition

-Conclusion

Idk if that helps anyone but :o

So the essay from key notes then? :p

thelad95 wrote: »
    So the essay from key notes then? :p

I don't have Key Notes :o

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

Started studying two days ago and aiming for 500 points hahah

wallace2 wrote: »

Go n-eiri an t-adh leat :pac: :pac:

wallace2 wrote: »

me too!! I got 420 and I didnt really work much since mocks. BUt cramming suits me. I dont remember things any better if i keep revising them lots i just forget it. So cramming night before is best for me, really sticks in my mind then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

Go n-eiri an t-adh leat :pac: :pac:

I'll really need, cheers!
    me too!! I got 420 and I didnt really work much since mocks. BUt cramming suits me. I dont remember things any better if i keep revising them lots i just forget it. So cramming night before is best for me, really sticks in my mind then

I'm the exact same! Barely did a tap for/since mocks and the tiny bit I did to has long since been forgotten, last minute cramming suits me, all I've ever done for exams and no disasters so far, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Accounting guys; can anybody talk me through the last adjustment on 2011 debtors control?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

woah thats a lot! my teacher meant 7-8 for the whole thing:) Idk how youd fit in 3 comparisons per para haha sounds hard

Each 'paragraph' is a full page. It's painful but works well.
    LoveLamps wrote: »
    Accounting guys; can anybody talk me through the last adjustment on 2011 debtors control?

The bad debt recoverable?. There was 200 owed which was the balance on the debit ( 140 divided by 70 multiplied by 100). Then 140 was paid to you so debtor reduces by 140, which goes on credit. Leaves you with 60 on debit. Same with both accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Went into school to study today, and Jesus Christ it was a bad idea.

I got about 2 and a half hours done in total, from 9-4. :(

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Went into school to study today, and Jesus Christ it was a bad idea.

I got about 2 and a half hours done in total, from 9-4. :(

Could have been worse! I never study in school, takes too long to get in and back and i usually forget something i want to study. i always get hungry and theres too many people its awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭saucyleopard

The leaving cert is dead easy compared to my day!! Ha HA I've been waiting years to say that !
    Best of luck to you all!

theres too many people its awful

That made me laugh way more than it should have :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

I have some friend who cheats in ALL of his exams and hes telling us all the ways hes going to cheat in the LC, putting all his notes in his socks then reading them when he goes to the bathtroom, putting notes in his pencil case, righting stuff on his body then taking his shirt off in the bathroom break to read it etc.

Badwulf wrote: »
    I have some friend who cheats in ALL of his exams and hes telling us all the ways hes going to cheat in the LC, putting all his notes in his socks then reading them when he goes to the bathtroom, putting notes in his pencil case, righting stuff on his body then taking his shirt off in the bathroom break to read it etc.

Is he an idiot?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Hold on....they let you leave the exam fall for toilet breaks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

The leaving cert is dead easy compared to my day!! Ha HA I've been waiting years to say that !
    Best of luck to you all!
    You do know we have a set of exam papers!

All the exam papers from years ago are simple compared to now!!
    Accounting-only started introducing theory recently
    Physics - more and much harder maths than before
    French- easier reading comps and less stupid reaction questions
    Maths- no retarded project maths
    And my absolute favourite English, i think this ACTUAL EXAM Q from 2004 sums it all up:
    "I like (or do not like) to read the poetry of Sylvia Plath"
    2013's Plath q - "Plath's provocative imagery serves to highlight the intense enotions expressed in her poetry"

People who say the LC is easier nowadays can fcuk right off

Hold on....they let you leave the exam fall for toilet breaks?

They let you go to the toilet, yes
    Is he an idiot?

He got 20 percent in one of his mocks and called the teacher "A giant fish retard" infront of the whole class when she even mentioned ordinary level

He got 20 percent in one of his mocks and called the teacher "A giant fish retard" infront of the whole class when she even mentioned ordinary level

Why hasn't someone reported him? :confused:

Why hasn't someone reported him? :confused:

for cheating or because of what he said? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

Why would anyone even try to cheat? You could be caught, the consequences are not worth it!

for cheating or because of what he said? :P

For what he said :P if someone told me they were cheating in the Leaving, and how, I'd report them. It's different in summer tests and all that, but it's the genuine people he's stealing marks from. And it just isn't fair that he could come out with 500 points or something when he's done nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Cheating in a class test once in a while, maybe. In the mocks, never. In the real thing? No words to describe the stupidity. Even if he cheats his way through school and college, when he gets to the workplace his lack of knowledge will come to the fore. The only cheating he'll be doing from then on is a nixer or two while he's on the dole.

Whatever about the consequences of cheating...its just that theres almost no benefits to it :confused: Ok so hes gonna bring in some notes into english or geography or whatever, theres about 50 different essay titles that could come up so some badly drawn notes on his stomach or a mini piece of paper in his pencil case will get him maybe a percent or two at best. its just so not worth it and you could get in trouble! its not like some notes in your sock you read for a minute or two in the toilet are gonna get you an A :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Any of ye posting #leavingcert pics on instagram lately? Whoever is running this study notes site is commenting on every single picture under the hashtag :P
    I posted a pic of me earlier with sticky notes all over my face and they commented something like "great look!! Visit my website for study notes!"
    It's gas. :pac:

• Advertisement

peekachoo wrote: »
    Any of ye posting #leavingcert pics on instagram lately? Whoever is running this study notes site is commenting on every single picture under the hashtag :P
    I posted a pic of me earlier with sticky notes all over my face and they commented something like "great look!! Visit my website for study notes!"
    It's gas. :pac:

Yeah that happened to me too :pac: :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement