Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

2 hours of Distance, Speed and time done in maths. Why must maths be so stressful. I only want to pass :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Badwulf wrote: »
    I have some friend who cheats in ALL of his exams and hes telling us all the ways hes going to cheat in the LC, putting all his notes in his socks then reading them when he goes to the bathtroom, putting notes in his pencil case, righting stuff on his body then taking his shirt off in the bathroom break to read it etc.

The worst thing is he'll probably get away with it. :(

Guys people cheat in the LC every year. There such a minority that there effect on the legendary bellcurve is minimal and let's face it they aren't getting A1's anyway.

I think we've all cheated class tests and christmas/summer tests but to do it in the LC is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

i cheated in the mocks for a lot of mine! i wrote french sentences really lightly in pencil on my table during our ''study time'' before the exams.
    to cheat in the lc is waaaayyy too risky though!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

LoveLamps wrote: »
    i cheated in the mocks for a lot of mine! i wrote french sentences really lightly in pencil on my table during our ''study time'' before the exams.
    to cheat in the lc is waaaayyy too risky though!

Would they really take your paper off you though? I'm not condoning cheating...but I doubt the examiner would take a possible 70/80 points off you..possibly a warning....
    You're right though,I wouldn't take the risk anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Would they really take your paper off you though? I'm not condoning cheating...but I doubt the examiner would take a possible 70/80 points off you..possibly a warning....
    You're right though,I wouldn't take the risk anyways.

If you cheat you can't sit state exams for 5 years...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

My school is infamous for cheating, hell last year one of the kids, I shet you not, had his phone out throughout the ENTIRE BUISNESS EXAM (according to last years LC's), he didn't get caught and ended up getting a A1 in buisness, don't no how he didn't get caught either but its a true story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Hotale.com wrote: »
    If you cheat you can't sit state exams for 5 years...

That pracitcally never ever happens. I think the amoutn of times the 5 year ban has been given for cheating is in the single digits. They usually discount your score for that test on your final test results.
    My school is infamous for cheating, hell last year one of the kids, I shet you not, had his phone out throughout the ENTIRE BUISNESS EXAM (according to last years LC's), he didn't get caught and ended up getting a A1 in buisness, don't no how he didn't get caught either but its a true story.

Well most of the supervisors arent really that observant they just sit at the top of the room. And some exam halls like in my school are very long and large and have a lot of students in them so i really dont think itd be that hard. Id never take the chance though, wouldnt be able to take the stress of hiding my cheat notes/phone and would probably end up doing terribly :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

peekachoo wrote: »
    Any of ye posting #leavingcert pics on instagram lately? Whoever is running this study notes site is commenting on every single picture under the hashtag :P

Instagram? Hashtags?

Is this Boards.us or something?

People died for our independence, you may as well burn a locket of De Valera's hair!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

anyone have a good HL gnathrud essay?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

is there always a character question on Macbeth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 AKMCD2014

Need some advice for history if anyone can help.

Just wondering if picking 3 essay options for each section (e.g. 3 for dictatorship and democracy and 3 for The United States and the wider world) is a safe option? I have a lot of faith in at least 1 of my chosen essays to appear in each section.

Just want to gain an understanding of how other students are preparing for the exam. I want/need history to be one of my top honours, and I did a hell of a lot better than I thought I would in the mocks. Any suggestions or replies would be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Instagram? Hashtags?

People died for our independence, you may as well burn a locket of De Valera's hair!

I'll just leave now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

I just bought 2 less stress success books even though they will only be useful for less than a week and safe to say I'm more stressed reading it atm........:P

Instagram? Hashtags?

Well... Technically Boards.us is Boards.ie because they bought the domain and made it a redirect to Boards.ie...

Always the pedant :D

Instagram is still shít though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

anyone have any tips for O level maths? I just need to pass it by the skin of my teeth, can I pass on attempt marks alone? and is it true if you get 38% you actually get a D3?

anyone have any tips for O level maths? I just need to pass it by the skin of my teeth, can I pass on attempt marks alone? and is it true if you get 38% you actually get a D3?

Yes, 38% is a pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Well... Technically Boards.us is Boards.ie because they bought the domain and made it a redirect to Boards.ie...

Always the pedant :D

Instagram is still shít though :P

I love Instagram :o and twitter :o
    I'll just leave.. XD

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

That won't work thelad, the swear filter fucks up the URL :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

My grinds teacher said they can stoop to as low as 35% for a pass in Maths. Every other subject, 38% is a pass. I was amazed when I heard this.

aleatorio wrote: »
    I love Instagram :o and twitter :o
    I'll just leave.. XD

Is Twitter actually good? I never used it...

• Advertisement

Is Twitter actually good? I never use clit...

Well I just use it for giving out about things, but I have over 1000 followers so I guess people like someone moaning about the LC :pac:

Is Twitter actually good? I never use clit...

Erm..

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Erm..

Oh fúck.

All better now... :o

Oh fúck.

All better now... :o

It's forever memorialised in my reply :pac:

No way am I editing my quote.

Hi does anyone know any good websites for irish essay topic vocab? My irish is good but i just know some of the key topic vocan about things like immigration,crime etc thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

I thought 40% was a pass :confused: thinking of getting that Rescue Remedy for the exams tbh, I'm such a worrier so hoping that will calm me down so I can retain everything I've learnt!

Errybody make a twitter and follow me :pac: :pac: :pac:

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    No way am I editing my quote.

Please Nimmy :(

• Advertisement

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I thought 40% was a pass :confused: thinking of getting that Rescue Remedy for the exams tbh, I'm such a worrier so hoping that will calm me down so I can retain everything I've learnt!

Rescue remedy,whats that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement