Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2014 OT v2.0 - Official Bitch & Moan thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Law Abiding Citizen is some film! :D

I actually root for Gerard Butler's character in it haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Law Abiding Citizen is the most disturbing film I've ever seen. Warped stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wallace2

Just realised there how truly screwed I am for these exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

thelad95 wrote: »
    Law Abiding Citizen is the most disturbing film I've ever seen. Warped stuff.

Watch August Underground Mordum some night, it won't disappoint.

Or Melancholie der Engel, but that's just too far...

I love ****ty creepy films :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

I miss being 13 and on MSN trying to type quiet so my mam doesn't realize I'm up late :pac: oh and I miss not knowing who Kinsella is..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Never mind just ignore me :o It's too late to think straight.

Just searched for my bebo account there....I got so many bebo hearts <3 (I remember making another account just to send myself them! :pac: )

Oh the good old days when we worried more about what 'skin' we should use than about the future :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Just searched for my bebo account there....I got so many bebo hearts <3 (I remember making another account just to send myself them! :pac: )

Oh the good old days when we worried more about what 'skin' we should use than about the future :rolleyes:

Now I just worry if I have skins ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

thelad95 wrote: »
    Now I just worry if I have skins ;)

Smoking is bad, mmmkkay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    That's kinda how I understood it.

But, I read the question and wrote this in the solutions.

Am I going crazy? :confused:

You're doing it the wrong way around!

You're confusing how the devaluation/inflation malarkey works.

If each year inflation (or whatever term they use), is 6%, then a repayment of €3000 in two years time is equivalent to 3000/(1.06²) of today's money. A repayment of 3000 in four years time is equal to 3000/(1.06⁴) of today's money. And so on.

Basically each unit of currency is worth less as time progresses :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Strange question, but does anybody know the thickness of the paper we get to write on in the exams. I mean is it thick or thin or just in the middle. It's a deciding factor in which pens I'll use. Never thought I'd be asking this question anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Aspiring wrote: »
    Strange question, but does anybody know the thickness of the paper we get to write on in the exams. I mean is it thick or thin or just in the middle. It's a deciding factor in what pens I'll use. Never thought I'd be asking this question anyway :D

its like printer paper i think

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

wallace2 wrote: »
    Just realised there how truly screwed I am for these exams

Join the club...I'm depending on becoming famous now.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    its like printer paper i think

That's pretty thick compared to some of the ****ty refill pad pages you see floating around.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

You're doing it the wrong way around!

You're confusion how the devaluation/inflation malarkey works.

If each year inflation (or whatever term they use), is 6%, then a repayment of €3000 in two years time is equivalent to 3000/(1.06²) of today's money. A repayment of 3000 in four years time is equal to 3000/(1.06⁴) of today's money. And so on.

Basically each unit of currency is worth less as time progresses :)

Cheers! I think I get it now :D

I'm only doing Financial Maths now :o We never did it in class.
    Strange question, but does anybody know the thickness of the paper we get to write on in the exams. I mean is it thick or thin or just in the middle. It's a deciding factor in what pens I'll use. Never thought I'd be asking this question anyway :D

Thick enough for me to use a fountain pen. It's really good paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Why did I not study properly throughout the last two years! Can someone reassure me again that they don't know everything they need to for english either? I need constant reassurance these days.

Why did I not study properly throughout the last two years! Can someone reassure me again that they don't know everything they need to for english either? I need constant reassurance these days.

Do you want a hug?

Hey, I know everything I need to know for English, and more.

Hope this helps,

Signed: Your Competition

I'm just kidding, you'll be fine don't worry. Cram, get off of this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Do you want a hug?

This leaving cert has turned me into a mess :pac:

Cannot wait for it to be over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I think someone should set up a group therapy thread for the amount of people coming in here lately looking for reassurance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Cheers! I think I get it now :D

I'm only doing Financial Maths now :o We never did it in class.

Thick enough for me to use a fountain pen. It's really good paper.

Think that's bad? We never covered probability! Total mind duck to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Anyone here thinking of doing mechanical engineering in either, DIT, CIT OR GMIT? If you are please place them all to the very bottom of your cao, thanks guys :)

Badwulf wrote: »
    Anyone here thinking of doing mechanical engineering in either, DIT, CIT OR GMIT? If you are please place them all to the very bottom of your cao, thanks guys :)

Make sure you put CIT as no. 1 because Cork's the best place in the universe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Do many Culchies go to Dit?

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

Strange question, but does anybody know the thickness of the paper we get to write on in the exams. I mean is it thick or thin or just in the middle. It's a deciding factor in which pens I'll use. Never thought I'd be asking this question anyway :D

I understand your worries! I wanna know how narrow ruled the lines are for accounting purposes, like will I fit my final account onto one page or will I have to use space saving measures?
    Such dilemmas

Anyone else hoping to go to UCC next year? :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    Think that's bad? We never covered probability! Total mind duck to me.

Nah it's not too bad. It's just confusing trying to cover it in 3 hours :pac: I still have to cover the complicated half of probablility, pretty much all of statistics, constructions and theorems :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Anyone else hoping to go to UCC next year? :)

Yeeessss living in brookefield! :D

Lara_15 wrote: »
    I understand your worries! I wanna know how narrow ruled the lines are for accounting purposes, like will I fit my final account onto one page or will I have to use space saving measures?
    Such dilemmas

Do we get specially ruled pages for accounting? Somebody said we did. Would save a lot of time. Tabular will still be a bitch tho so many boxes. What do you mean, how could you not fit it on one page? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

NUIG is the place to be ;)

• Advertisement

peekachoo wrote: »
    Yeeessss living in brookefield! :D

I presume Brookefield's a student accommodation place? :P I'll be staying at home for first year at least, don't mind it really...

What's the course you're hoping for? Mine's computer science :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement